Favorite Bourbon Opinions

fatlander

WKR
Wife bought me their Farmstock Rye for Christmas. It was excellent. I don't generally spend that much myself but, I think it's worth it.

The farmstock rye is in a whole different league than the standard 10 year or the piggy back (6 year). Those two are grossly overpriced IMO. Rittenhouse is a much much better rye at a fraction of the price. Templeton is another good budget rye. If you can find it, knob creek twice barreled rye is by and large my favorite rye whiskey, but she’s tough to find. They didn’t release too much of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleetwood

Lil-Rokslider
Love this thread. Weller special reserve (green label) is SO good, but where are you guys finding it? Here in CO, I haven't seen it on any shelves in over a year and when I look online, a $30 bottle is going for like $150. 😥

Right now, I'm loving Russell's Reserve. Wild Turkey did a great job crafting this bourbon. If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend giving it a sip. It's sweet, smooth, got a little caramel flavor, and easy to drink. Definitely one of my goto's at the moment.

Other non special occasion drinkers: Basil Haydens (been one of my favorite's for a long time), any bottle of Four Roses, Bullet Rye, Eagle Rare

Special occasions: Angel's Envy - so good and not out of reach price wise. Worth tasting. Obviously Blanton's if you can find it.

🥃

jek5224

FNG
Weller 12 Year (black label) is the best bourbon made anywhere.

Russell's Reserve is the best <$30.

Best bargain is Evan Williams Single Barrel.

Anything made by Buffalo Trace is excellent.

Don't get caught up in paying high dollar for bourbon. Excellent bottles can be purchased for <$50. High dollar bottles (Pappy) generally aren't worth even the retail price, but of course I still try to get a bottle at the release every year.

RDG_RNR

FNG
Every time I make it to Ennis, MT for a hunt, I always make sure to bring back a few bottles of Big Horn bourbon from Willie’s distillery. that’s more of a nostalgic option.

Knob creek would be my <$30 and Blantons for >$30.

mherne8

FNG
WTF. Nobody said Eagle Rare for <$30???

Eagle Rare is hands down my favorite for under $30. Bulleit Rye and Larceny are other decent options in that range.

The only bourbon I've had that was over $50 was Blantons and it is good. Kinda hard to find though in some spots.

Edit - A quick search shows eagle rare is no longer under $30. I'd recommend increasing your budget by $5 and still getting it though. Was $25 when I was buying it in NM 2 years ago.
My man! Eagle Rare is absolutely delicious! I have been finding it for right at about $30 bucks. It's definitely my go-to sipping bourbon if I don't have any of the "good stuff".

Bulleit is my go-to if I'm making an old fashioned or any other bourbon-based cocktail.

Over $50 would definitely be Blantons but I think part of its good taste is how much money and effort is put into finding it.

Rob5589

WKR
The farmstock rye is in a whole different league than the standard 10 year or the piggy back (6 year). Those two are grossly overpriced IMO. Rittenhouse is a much much better rye at a fraction of the price. Templeton is another good budget rye. If you can find it, knob creek twice barreled rye is by and large my favorite rye whiskey, but she’s tough to find. They didn’t release too much of it.

Will have to look for the Knob. The Willet small batch rye is very good as well.

kcarter9

FNG
We often have Knob Creek or Basil Hayden in our cabinet.
Love 4Roses as a cheaper option and if you're going to go big, Michter's or Weller Special Reserve (Green)

Painless

FNG
Living in TN and only about 40 minutes from the Kentucky line has its perks when it comes to bourbon. Makers and Leadslingers is what we drink the most of, when it is a special occasion we take out the Blantons, WL Weller, Angels Envy and Whistle Pig. I keep several bottles of each on hand as we always have drinks with the buddies every weekend.

SirRomey

FNG
Can never go wrong with Basil Hayden on the cheaper end and Whistle Pig on the little more expensive end.

bat-cave

WKR
Living in TN and only about 40 minutes from the Kentucky line has its perks when it comes to bourbon. Makers and Leadslingers is what we drink the most of, when it is a special occasion we take out the Blantons, WL Weller, Angels Envy and Whistle Pig. I keep several bottles of each on hand as we always have drinks with the buddies every weekend.
VERY jealous! Blanton's is very hard to find in much of the country!

Buffalo Trace, Elmer T Lee, Blanton’s, Jefferson’s Ocean, Pappy Van Winkle, Evan Williams single barrel, Elijah Craig, Henry McKenna single barrel, Weller 12, Eagle Rare, in no certain order.....

Whisky

WKR
I was drinking bourbon before it became trendy to drink bourbon. I really miss those days, good supply of everything, and cheaper prices!

I just counted 16 different bottles of bourbon on my shelf. And I got a few more at a different location. They range from Makers to Pappy 15. I honestly couldn't name a favorite. I am pretty easy to please, and like to switch it up.

Scotch on the other hand, Lagavulin 16 is my #1.