Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Bobbyboe

WKR
Talking with my aunt today, telling her how I couldn’t find any blanton’s. She took me into her basement, where she proceeded to show me a collection of 16 bottles! Wow. She gifted me a bottle of 2016 Blanton’s Gold.

I know my uncle liked bourbon, but never expected that! I was just hoping on a line on where to buy it.

Attachments

• 9D9556A4-C897-4DC2-9085-340291BD69FE.jpeg
    9D9556A4-C897-4DC2-9085-340291BD69FE.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 01B66403-C7F4-434F-B42E-C09E7D10E9BC.jpeg
    01B66403-C7F4-434F-B42E-C09E7D10E9BC.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 70
Talking with my aunt today, telling her how I couldn’t find any blanton’s. She took me into her basement, where she proceeded to show me a collection of 16 bottles! Wow. She gifted me a bottle of 2016 Blanton’s Gold.

I know my uncle liked bourbon, but never expected that! I was just hoping on a line on where to buy it.

Lucky man!

HoneyDew

WKR
Makers and Woodford for everyday. Basil, Willet, and Eagle Rare for the nicer times. I have Pappy and it’s good but since you can’t find it I actually don’t drink it all that much.

OP
ShortMountain91
Had a pour of my Blanton's tonight since it's my anniversary. Man that stuff is so good. Too bad the bottle is getting awful low...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
George Dickel white label is my daily drinker. I adore their BIB too. (Handy that the distillery is 3 miles from my front door ;) )

I never really took to Blantons. I couldn't taste the cost, i'd you see what I mean. However Angel's Envy is just as good as you'd imagine. 4 Roses barrel select is probably one of my all time favorites

Laugh away, but if im looking for a mixer, or a very light bourbon, $13 Old Crow takes a lot of beating! It's definitely the best of the bottom shelf.

robie

WKR

That's a great pickup, supposedly they got released in the US this month. I haven't been able to find one.

If you go to Australia you can buy it off the shelf.

Grundy53

WKR
Well, thanks to this thread I decided to go away from the go to bottles and try some that are recommended here.
e5f3a1982f42ae8d68dd43e44dadd671.jpg

nubrun

FNG
Well, thanks to this thread I decided to go away from the go to bottles and try some that are recommended here.
e5f3a1982f42ae8d68dd43e44dadd671.jpg

mmm-the Jefferson's reserve is always a good go to. There are so many good bourbons out there now.

Be careful they multiply though!
395c0b62d9fd87347bd3fbb0336b8244.jpg

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I really can't pick one favorite, but Buffalo Trace is my standard sub $30 bourbon. Johnny Drum is a really fruity delicious bourbon that I rotate in once in a while. Weller SR would come in 3rd behind these 2.

For the higher price stuff, lots of choices,
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is really good in the $70 range.
Stagg Jr. is right up there with ECBP, but a few $ less.
EH Taylor Small Batch is another favorite for the $40-50 price range. The Rye cost a bit more, but I have not popped that bottle yet.
The Weller Full Proof was good. Basically a Weller 12 at a higher proof, and $10 more. ($68)
The Evan Williams 12 year will set you back $120, so I limit myself to one bottle a year.
Knobs Creek Single Barrel Reserve Single Barrel is another great higher proof bourbon at the $46 range. Looks for an older store pick, I have a couple that are 13 - 15 years old.

So many other great bourbons out there.

Blanton's tends to be waterery to me. Not a bad bourbon, but I think a lot of folks love it because it is fashionable. If you can find Hancock's Reserve, it is the closest you can get to Blantons for a few $ less. Same distillery, same juice, same aging.

Weller Full Proof.jpg
Elijah Craig.jpgJohnny Drum.jpgWeller 12.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
I really can't pick one favorite, but Buffalo Trace is my standard sub $30 bourbon. Johnny Drum is a really fruity delicious bourbon that I rotate in once in a while. Weller SR would come in 3rd behind these 2.

For the higher price stuff, lots of choices,
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof is really good in the $70 range.
Stagg Jr. is right up there with ECBP, but a few $ less.
EH Taylor Small Batch is another favorite for the $40-50 price range. The Rye cost a bit more, but I have not popped that bottle yet.
The Weller Full Proof was good. Basically a Weller 12 at a higher proof, and $10 more. ($68)
The Evan Williams 12 year will set you back $120, so I limit myself to one bottle a year.
Knobs Creek Single Barrel Reserve Single Barrel is another great higher proof bourbon at the $46 range. Looks for an older store pick, I have a couple that are 13 - 15 years old.

So many other great bourbons out there.

Blanton's tends to be waterery to me. Not a bad bourbon, but I think a lot of folks love it because it is fashionable. If you can find Hancock's Reserve, it is the closest you can get to Blantons for a few $ less. Same distillery, same juice, same aging.

View attachment 192364
View attachment 192365View attachment 192366View attachment 192367

That Bookers is excellent.

Bobbyboe

WKR
I’m up at the my uncles cabin for the weekend doing some chores. He pulled out a bottle of Blanton’s this evening for a sample. Hands down my favorite bourbon I’ve ever tasted! So incredibly smooth, with very enjoyable notes.

So, is there a bourbon your feel is similar or better than Blanton’s? I know it’s a subjective question, but to the more experienced bourbon drinkers, is there a bourbon with similar flavor profile and smoothness?

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I have really been enjoying eagle rare, knob creek 12yr, old forester rye, old forester 1920, 1792 BIB, buffalo trace store picks are an automatic buy, we have also had some great ECSB store picks come thepigg lately. OF single barrel, rittenhouse(for an old fashioned), WT rare breed, Angela envy rye is amazing, weller antique. Blantons is good, but to me not worth all the hype.
Elijah craig barrel proof or larceny barrel proof are much better for the money.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
So, is there a bourbon your feel is similar or better than Blanton’s? I know it’s a subjective question, but to the more experienced bourbon drinkers, is there a bourbon with similar flavor profile and smoothness?

Buffalo Trace only has 4 different mash bills. If you can find Hancock Reserve, it is basically the same bourbon as Blanton's. Actually, Ancient Age is also a Blanton's juice, just not aged as long. But there are lots of bourbons that I feel are better than Blanton's. EH Taylor Small Batch is much better and lower price.