Favorite Bourbon Opinions

pirogue

WKR
A lot of reference to “Pappy” in this thread. I’m sure all reference is to the real stuff, which is 15 yr or older, and not a reference to the 10 and 12 year old Van Winkle, sans “Pappy’

Had the wife set me up a blind taste test of 3 whiskeys I really like and the eagle rare I picked up today. I ranked them Woodford double oaked, eagle rare, weller green, buffalo trace. All are great bourbon though. For around 30 bucks eagle rare definitely punches above it's weight class. Like BT but woodier and smoother. I'd have a pour of any of them any day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That’s a good line up. All those are some of my favorites. Love that woodford double oaked.

I’ve picked up whistle pig 10yr for $67 a bottle, by far my favorite rye. Weller, MM, Pendleton, ER, and willet are great choices.

This thread has confirmed my fears. WT101 will soon be out of my price bracket. Its already gone up $10/1.75 since I started drinking it regular 10 years ago.

On the upside, this thread has reminded me to go pour one...

To my fellow rockslides... A tall 101 is in the cup.

Let 'r rip....!

This thread has confirmed my fears. WT101 will soon be out of my price bracket. Its already gone up $10/1.75 since I started drinking it regular 10 years ago.

On the upside, this thread has reminded me to go pour one...

To my fellow rockslides... A tall 101 is in the cup.

Let 'r rip....!

If I was going to hover at the 100 proof range, I would ease on over to Four Roses single barrel.

Oldpuck

FNG
For middle level try Jefferson‘s Ocean. Some years smoother than others, but flavorful.

I’d also add another vote for Angel’s Envy as a second choice.

After reading this though I look forward to trying Old Forrester. So thanks for that.

JBivens

FNG
Completely changed my mind when I drank some reviews...grab a bottle of Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye. If you can find it, for $26 it seems to best everything even close to the price range. World Whisky of the Year 2016.

Maidenfan539

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basil Hayden's, knob creek smokey maple. Evan Williams isn't that bad either.
I have a few new ones to try out after reading these.