College Wrestling fans?

Is he really THAT good tho?? My very good friend's son wrestled for Erie Prep with him. Said was never a team player. Never hung out with the team. Never cheered on his team. Or really put out to others. All about himself.

He just really kinda turns my stomach. I hope JB has enough gas left in his tank to turn him inside out a few times on the International mats before he leaves his shoes in the middle.
I agree that he seems all about himself, and would love to see him get beat, but he is that good. He's the favorite to win his third title in three years, and he's lost maybe two matches in his college career so far?

OP
J
Lost to Donnell (DJ) Washington from....Indiana as a freshman. I watched the match. Think it went 10-9. His Tweet before this year's match was pretty epic....if you're gonna talk shit, he did and then manhandled Donnell. Got really chippy at the end.

It's hard enough for me to watch Big10 wrestling out West. I paid $70 to Big10Plus and saw maybe 3 Penn State matches. I often have to run 20 miles to town to the only bar that get's Big10 network and request my own booth in the corner. The only nerd watching wrestling.

So I don't see Colton at all. Bracket buster?? For sure. Kerk handled him soundly.

As a fan it get super frustrating. I am obviously not on the mat...hand fighting. I'm just yelling at the TV......"Christ.....take a shot already. You're losing. There's 57 seconds left....do SOMETHING".

I think both Dean and Kerk get "paralyzed" mentally. Kerkvleit now mops up Cassioppi. After he got over the hurdle, he has zero fear or mental anxiety about winning. Wrestles free. Watch....he will make finals agains Parris. And not shoot a legit shot once.

Dean has Allred late this morning. Will wrestle tight and timid.

Colton for sure AAs. But I don't see him in the finals. I've never seen the Harvard HWT either. Who is ranked very high.

You know more than dick about wrestling with that post. I only say him wrestle once this season....Scuffle or CKLV finals. I do commend the kids for "staying home".
Ha, I respect wrestling, just never did it so don't know what's going on. One of my best friends growing up wrestled for NDSU while we both went there 15 years ago so I guess I learned enough and made it to a fair amount of matches.

OP
J
Ouch! But there is. Any of you ever see Steve-Os highlight reel on YouTubes when he was maybe.....5 or 6?

He was a VERY intense and scary little shit.

Agree. Alirez was impressive in Big 12 tournament and so was Poulin. I'm really happy that Northern Colorado is well represented. I wrestled at UW in the 70's and we had good matches with UNC, CSU and CU. Now only UNC and WYO are still around (and AFA).
That's cool you wrestled for UW. UW is one of my favorite wrestling teams still. I knew a couple kids from school that went on and wrestled there, one stayed around and helped coach for a while. They have a great program. I agree it is nice anytime we get to see some kids from Colorado and Wyoming representing. D2 always has a couple of stud wrestlers from Colorado & the western states representing well.

Crazy those are the last two of those D1 schools with wrestling programs remaining. One of my HS coaches wrestled for CU back in the day when they still had a program. His boy was a 4 timer and wrestled at UNC for a bit.

LostArra

WKR
Oh well. It looks like the same old story. Penn State should have the team title wrapped up by this evening.

I live in Tulsa, not a wrestling fan, but damn my plane was packed coming home from Chicago yesterday. Fun stuff!!!

OP
J
I'm fortunate to be able to watch at work while I work today (yea right). There WERE a lot of upsets yesterday, which makes it fun. As I said before....I am glad to see so small school kids still alive.

Caleb Fish is tearing it up as the #29th Seed???

Could Dakota kids still alive. Tanner Sloan and Franek.

Dean lost rather handidly to Allred, as I expected. Just looked like he is mentally done and quit. His face screams "I Can't". His backside path is a rough one too.

Couple Pitt kids still alive. Nino is #1 seed. Some nice wins. Mathews one of my least favorite and boring wrestlers...next to Lewan. But both still alive.

157 Levi Haines vs Bryce Andonian this morning!!! Can't wait.

RE: Andonian....there must be a THING going on with him. He wrestled Ed Scott from NCState in a dual. Scott got a nose bleed. Andonian wipe the blood off and wiped it back on Scott. Was really weird and odd. The look on Scott's face was priceless. When O'Conner wrestled Andonian at ACCs.....someone was bleeding. AOC wiped it back on Andonian and it got chippy. It's funny to me. But there has to be a Thing going on with it.

Kerkvleit at HWT is mopping kids up. He's soooo dominant against sub Top 5 wrestlers. Then clams up against Parris. Pisses me off. He should have a winnable match this morning.