College Wrestling fans?

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
Missed the finals so still playing catch-up on YouTube. Initial thoughts- Vito… wow! Didn’t think anyone could look faster than RBY, but he sure did. It was so much more fun watching him let it fly than sitting through another Fix RBY 2-1 snooze fest.

I have a hard time watching RBY stall his way to victory. There is no doubt that his style is effective, but I can't imagine how anyone can enjoy watching it.

I have to take my hat off to Vito in the way he handled that win: no chest pounding, didn't play to the crowd for applause. Pure class.

Missed the finals so still playing catch-up on YouTube. Initial thoughts- Vito… wow! Didn’t think anyone could look faster than RBY, but he sure did. It was so much more fun watching him let it fly than sitting through another Fix RBY 2-1 snooze fest.
Agreed, not only the speed, but the way he shut down any scramble chance.

I agree that he seems all about himself, and would love to see him get beat, but he is that good. He's the favorite to win his third title in three years, and he's lost maybe two matches in his college career so far?
Anyone else notice how almost nobody stood up and clapped for Starocci after winning his third title? Seems telling to me about peoples opinions'

I was shocked to see Vito knock off RBY. I'll echo what others have said, Vito is a total class act. I'm becoming a big fan.

I got it wrong on the Carr / O'toole match. After seeing Carr win twice earlier in the year I figured he just had O'tooles number. But my hat is off to O'toole, he wrestled a damn good match.

I was stoked to see Alirez win it. Cool to see a Colorado kid win it. The reffs taking ~6 minutes to sort out points was a bit frustrating, but atleast they got the call right.

The wrestler I'm most excited to see next year is hands down Levi Haines.. That kid is special.

mcr-85

WKR
There were some awesome matches. Had I been in Vegas and betting on them I'd have taken a bit of a hit with Spencer Lee and RBY. Great lessons to younger wrestlers that anyone can be beaten on any given day. Sure wish Spencer would have came through the other side of the bracket and helped his team but that's his call.

The Carr/O'toole match was great. Lots of respect between both wrestlers after that one.

I like the guys that stick around and tell their opponent good job and I try to instill that into my Youth/Jr. High wrestlers that I coach. Be disappointed somewhere else besides on the mat. Give credit to those that outwrestle you on that day, look them in the eye and shake their hand and their coaches hand.

I really hoped Labriola would pull off the win but Starroci caught him with that poorly executed granby and it was over.

All the rounds are recorded on my DVR thing and I need to go back and watch some other matches that I missed.