College Wrestling fans?

LostArra

WKR
They were a while back. Called my high school coach and he has an extra ticket for the semis tonight. Pretty pumped!
Tonight is a great session. You're in the final or back in the meat grinder of consolations.

RE: Andonian....there must be a THING going on with him. He wrestled Ed Scott from NCState in a dual. Scott got a nose bleed. Andonian wipe the blood off and wiped it back on Scott. Was really weird and odd. The look on Scott's face was priceless. When O'Conner wrestled Andonian at ACCs.....someone was bleeding. AOC wiped it back on Andonian and it got chippy. It's funny to me. But there has to be a Thing going on with it.
I saw that happen in the ACC tournament with O'Connor. I knew there was some background there and I was surprised it didn't escalate past chippy.

kowboy

FNG
Agree on all the upsets this year! Crazy but love seeing some new faces come to play. Going to be a great weekend!

OP
J
Van Ness has battled back from BIG deficits every match.

Bartlett suprised me. But if there was a kid he could beat in this morning's session it was Cole. Maybe the first solid shot Bartlett's taken this season.

Been very high on Hamiti. But I also don't bet against this Amine. Cam wrestles Up at the end of the year. I think Kennedy got bounced yesterday?

Facundo went 0 and 2 BBQ.

I’ll be driving the team Vito bus tomorrow night. I really enjoy watching him wrestle. Seems to just go for it. Fun in freestyle too.

The only bad thing is someone has to lose these great matches that we get the privilege of watching. The way these guys handle these losses out there is pretty impressive. I can’t imagine the work they put in and to come up short and still show that much class. Some great role models out there for young athletes.

OP
J
The only bad thing is someone has to lose these great matches that we get the privilege of watching. The way these guys handle these losses out there is pretty impressive. I can’t imagine the work they put in and to come up short and still show that much class. Some great role models out there for young athletes.
100% agree. Breaks my heart for most of them. Couple are D Bags....but generally great kids.

Huge Vito fan...think he's a great kid. Love his interviews. Wish they both could win.

OP
J
Totally low class move by ESPN showing Spenser Lee's mom. But not surprising
I've made (she's had little choice each season) my GF watch. She knows most of the wrestlers over the last 5+ years. I watch Flo often on our big screen. And she watches lots of the Flo films w me. She's also a highly educated medical professional. Then she has to suffer through World team trials...then Pan Am games, then a Final X or 3....then whatever tournament I can pick up at 4am PST....so she has a great knowledge of at least who the wrestlers are and some of their backstory and history. She was keen on watching DeSanto melt down and some of his ticks and issues.

Spencer's mom was......disturbing? Scary? Holy Shit did she instantly melt down. But not sorrow, sadness, or grief....the way she went thru those glasses!

That's not "normal"

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
Spencer's mom was......disturbing? Scary? Holy Shit did she instantly melt down. But not sorrow, sadness, or grief....the way she went thru those glasses!

That's not "normal"

I am willing to give her a little grace, due to the situation. This misuse have felt like reliving the end of his HS career all over again.

In both HS and college, Lee dominated his competition all the way through. Then both times, in his final tournament, hampered by knee injuries, he lost to someone who he had previously dominated (he pinned Ramos in the first round this year, and he had beaten Desanto by tech fall the year before). That would be tough for any parent to watch.

People are saying this is a bigger upset than Gable-Owings, but once the dust settles and history is able to put this into perspective, I don’t think we will see an injury plagued Lee losing in the same light.

LostArra

WKR
Rby got it taken to him. Would have lost money on that match.
I would have lost the farm on Lee and RBY. I thought they were locks for sure.
Watching RBY and Vito was like having your dvr on fast forward.

Gable-Owings was more the situation. Gable had not lost a high school or college match. He was the face of amateur wrestling in the US. Owings pulls a huge amount of weight just to wrestle him. They were both gassed from cutting weight and the match was kind of ugly.
Wrestlers today are stronger, faster and better conditioned. As Burroughs mentioned when you wrestle at a healthy weight you work on wrestling and not just making weight. The scale is not your opponent.

This was one of the best finals session in a while but will we ever see a team race be decided in the finals as long as Cael is at PSU???

Last edited: