Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

TX_Diver

WKR
If you can hit a 10” sitting at 400, that’s tough!
Many places I don't think it'd be feasible to get get prone on a hunt, so seemed like it'd be in the spirit of the challenge to give it a try at least!

I already embarrassed myself in the cold bow challenge so at this point I have nothing to lose 🤣

Edit - Trying to figure out video upload...

Edit Edit - Trying youtube

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Many places I don't think it'd be feasible to get get prone on a hunt, so seemed like it'd be in the spirit of the challenge to give it a try at least!

I already embarrassed myself in the cold bow challenge so at this point I have nothing to lose 🤣
definitely in the spirit of the challenge. I just know I prolly can't pull that shot off.

do it!

Juan_ID

WKR
This is as far as I’ve made it, 10” circle painted on my 12” plate. was hopeful I’d be able to start this the day it kicked off but I’ll be at the leupold shoot that weekend. 🥲 Will have to start it when I get back! Hoping to get out for some practice this weekend anyhow.
84BFB7DE-BF30-4AAB-8BFC-FA32B2666F5F.jpeg

lak2004

WKR
Time to start playing with this load, if I can't get a good group with a change in seating depth, I'm going back to the 140gr eldm.....
39d66668287c78c7eb431646b88a9cf6.jpg

They lock a lot of the gates around here to prevent damage outside of popular hunting season(deer,bear, and turkey). Too many people pay no mind to the roads, they go wherever they can. Area is still open, most are open to foot, horse, or bicycle, just closed to vehicles because of repeat offenders who ruin it for everyone.

Also use to have huge parties take place on NF, helps to prevent some of those.

TheCougar

WKR
They lock a lot of the gates around here to prevent damage outside of popular hunting season(deer,bear, and turkey). Too many people pay no mind to the roads, they go wherever they can. Area is still open, most are open to foot, horse, or bicycle, just closed to vehicles because of repeat offenders who ruin it for everyone.

Also use to have huge parties take place on NF, helps to prevent some of those.
I plan on biking in. It is 3.5 miles to the power line. All downhill on the way there…. Uphill on the way back!

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Got in some practice today. Impacts at 500, 600, 700 and 3 out of 6 at 1000 (furthest ever for me). All from the prone position and in the shade. South Texas is HOT this time of year. Pics of the setup in the shade, 600 yard impact with my hand for size reference and 1000 yd group on a 12” square plate. IMG_3013.jpegIMG_3011.jpegIMG_3209.jpeg
Rifle is a Frankenstein “custom” 6.5 PRC shooting Unknown Munitions 156gr EOL’s. Remington action, Bartlein #4 carbon fiber barrel, Iota crux stock, Hawkins rings, Nightforce NX 8 (the little one). I was shooting prone off of a RRS tripod with an Anvil 30 head. This is the setup I hunt with. I killed a Mid Asian ibex at 450ish last year in Kyrgyzstan. I’m thinking my MER for this challenge is 800 yds realistically depending on conditions. For the record, I would never shoot anything further then 500 in real world hunting conditions though.

Last edited:

DosAmigos

FNG
Did a little work today. Stretched the legs on my Fierce Rival 6.5 Prc W/22” Barrel. Leupold MK 5 5x25 MOA. Shooting factory Hornady 143 Eldx. Conditions were HOT in South Tx 😂😂.

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3214.jpeg
    IMG_3214.jpeg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 28