Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

Idaboy

WKR
Is this a joke? :ROFLMAO:
Actually it's not....I would not argue on the biological facts that an XX chromosome is a biological female, and an XY chromosome organism is a biological male. People have been referencing "science" in this thread but reference of "science" with respect to what studies have shown or not shown about lead. In other words, I wouldn't debate biologic facts, but we can debate the scientific data about a study....why ndbuck decided to make political reference and gender issues is beyond me, it's really unclear why these threads devolve into political concerns all the time other than actually discussing the topic.

Idaboy

WKR
I'm going to assume you're trolling since your statement is absurd.
Not trolling sir, I just don't understand the comparison and how gender issues are brought up in a discussion about lead in animals is beyond me...no disrespect meant, it's just a comment out of left field that seemed to imply that anyone who is bringing up lead issues in game, is somehow left wing or somehow has a horse in the race on the social debate on gender issues...and I really have no comment on that issue....but happy to provide other lead scientific studies discussing lead toxicity if needed.

gabenzeke

WKR
Actually it's not....I would not argue on the biological facts that an XX chromosome is a biological female, and an XY chromosome organism is a biological male. People have been referencing "science" in this thread but reference of "science" with respect to what studies have shown or not shown about lead. In other words, I wouldn't debate biologic facts, but we can debate the scientific data about a study....why ndbuck decided to make political reference and gender issues is beyond me, it's really unclear why these threads devolve into political concerns all the time other than actually discussing the topic.
Biology is science. There really isn't any reason to try to argue otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
"science"
40vtkc.jpg

Idaboy

WKR
Well, we can all read the definition of biology and the definition of science....they refer to different things.

I think it (the amount to be toxic) depends the species..this RMEF presentation cites various studies.. Eagles for example, don't need much
I only care about research on ingested metallic alloy lead bullets/shoot in humans.

Cyanobacteria is be bigger concern for eagles

I'm not familiar with the refuges named in the article, nor the primary game species there. The FWS refuges I am familiar with, primary game species are waterfowl which already have a long-standing ban on lead ammunition.

If these properties are primarily waterfowl related, banning lead ammunition and fishing weights seems like a consistent policy to me.

I have always found it somewhat curios that one can fish a lake with lead sinkers but not shoot lead shot at ducks.

I'm certainly not a fan of the Biden administration or increasing restrictions in general, but this seems extraordinarily inconsequential to me.

The whole cost argument is ridiculous. Rifle ammunition cost basically the same whether it is lead or copper. Shotgun ammunition is already often restricted to "non-toxic" on these sort of properties. Non-lead fishing weights are considerably more expensive than lead but how many sinkers do you need for a day?

This seems like a perfect opportunity to get all hot and bothered about nothing.

sacklunch

WKR
apparently we have since 1364
then what are you worried about big guy? You don’t need a study, you have 659 years of “proven” data to go off of.

But again, in the name of science, I think you should prove to us it’s a non-issue and down a handful of hard cast.

I don’t plan on switching any time soon. I would like to think that most folks when presented with a solid study would make the right choice ( whatever that is). Unfortunately between everything that has happened in the last few decades, folks have lost any kind of faith they may have had in any of the alphabet agencies. You can literally find a study to agree with any side of a subject you fall on. Are they trying to eliminate hunting one small thread at a time? Hell, I don’t know but I do know that trust between us and the federal government couldn’t get much lower.