Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

The fact that Meateater pushes copper bullets tells me all I need to know.

I bought enough lead projectiles across my rifles to last until I’m dead. If you haven’t figured out over the past 2.5 years that you need to act accordingly, you deserve to be forced to buy copper projectiles.
Oh no, not copper! We’ll never be able to kill anything again!!

I should have ended with a question mark . It was a question asking if AAP were a bunch of liars suggesting parents check blood lead levels on rheir children if it was of no benefit . Example: all my children have ate deer shot with lead bullets since they were little for years . Or pediatrician checked lead levels on all of them and it was fine . Am i to assume they were fine or not ? Was the test helpful ? Or could my kids be even more intelligent than they already are had daddy not shot bambi with lead ?
Thanks for clarification, it sounds like many unanswered questions rather than someone lying to you

Key word…lead. But sure, keep pretending ingesting lead in any form is safe.
not what I said, I said I want to see a study that is real world. Not a study of organic lead in lungs, or metallic lead left in a body for exponential greater time then digestion.

This is the issue with today, you want to use a blanket study thats vastly different then the conversation and real world

again am I by no means saying feed kids or your self metallic antimony lead alloys, Im simply asking for a study thats show toxicity levels of digested metallic antimony lead fragments. I want the amount it takes to hit toxic levels and how long it has to be in your digestive system for it to reach toxic levels.

Whats so hard about that?

not what I said, I said I want to see a study that is real world. Not a study of organic lead in lungs, or metallic lead left in a body for exponential greater time then digestion.

This is the issue with today, you want to use a blanket study thats vastly different then the conversation and real world

again am I by no means saying feed kids or your self metallic antimony lead alloys, Im simply asking for a study thats show toxicity levels of digested metallic antimony lead fragments. I want the amount it takes to hit toxic levels and how long it has to be in your digestive system for it to reach toxic levels.

Whats so hard about that?

toxic levels in what? The blood? Not sure what you’re not understanding about that, as with mercury, lead also crosses the blood brain barrier. Meaning it may have a relatively short stay, certainly not indefinite in the bloodstream…from there is is deposited in brain tissue. Thus the study you chaffed off because it was lead brake dust, laying out how lead is a neurotoxin.

toxic levels in what? The blood? Not sure what you’re not understanding about that, as with mercury, lead also crosses the blood brain barrier. Meaning it may have a relatively short stay, certainly not indefinite in the bloodstream…from there is is deposited in brain tissue. Thus the study you chaffed off because it was lead brake dust, laying out how lead is a neurotoxin.
no I want to know how metallic lead alloys are absord through the digestive track. Absorbing organic lead dust through lungs is not same as metallic lead alloys in digestive system. You can define toxicity any way you want via elevated blood levels. Again I want a relevant study. If you can produce one thats fine.

no I want to know how metallic lead alloys are absord through the digestive track. Absorbing organic lead dust through lungs is not same as metallic lead alloys in digestive system. You can define toxicity any way you want via elevated blood levels. Again I want a relevant study. If you can produce one thats fine.
You not tracking on how nutrient uptake works? Same way everything else enters the bloodstream when it’s digested. Why would any metal, toxin, poison be any different?

Let’s think about this, you’re fighting a multi-billion dollar ammo industry that’s livelihood depends on keeping any such study on ingested lead from bullets from seeing the light of day. And you are surprised you can’t find a study? Same goes for vaccine injury studies…is it really a surprise to you there is hardly any data out there to say without a doubt it was a vaccine that caused an illness?

Feel free to take the gun lobby and big pharma at their word. But I think asking people to potentially poison themselves by ingesting lead for a study is a pretty silly way to prove to yourself that it’s bad for you. Unless you’re a volunteer?

You not tracking on how nutrient uptake works? Same way everything else enters the bloodstream when it’s digested. Why would any metal, toxin, poison be any different?
Is there a study that shows your digestion system can break down fragments of metallic alloy lead and absorb enough lead to elevate bloods levels in respect to digestive passing time frames?

The primary driving factor in banning lead bullets on fed public lands is to protect the animals, not hunters and people eating them, which of course should be a concern as well.

By now it has been well demonstrated through "science" that lead is bad for people and animals, and animals that eat lead, waterfowl, scavengers, predators, etc. often get sick and die. Seeing as how the underlying purpose of National Wildlife Refuge system is to conserve wildlife and their habitat, trying to implement measures to keep them from being poisoned seems pretty reasonable to me.

A few examples of this "science" that keeps being referenced:

"One of the greatest threats to condors and a major factor demanding such intensive ongoing management is lead poisoning (7, 9, 10). Evidence of elevated lead exposure in California condors began to emerge in the mid-1970s (11), and lead poisoning may have been a factor for their near-extinction in the 1980s (7). As a result, lead exposures are monitored by field crews by semiannual blood measurements for the majority of free-flying condors within California."

For those crying deep state anti-hunting conspiracy and claiming that this is a slippery slope issue, it isn't. It is a very simple, very minimally invasive step to keep some critters from getting poisoned. Plain and simple.

Is there a study that shows your digestion system can break down fragments of metallic alloy lead and absorb enough lead to elevate bloods levels in respect to digestive passing time frames?
You volunteering to eat a handful of bullets? If so, I’m sure someone will take a blood sample afterwords. And boom, you’ve answered your own question. What, not worth the risk?

You volunteering to eat a handful of bullets? If so, I’m sure someone will take a blood sample afterwords. And boom, you’ve answered your own question. What, not worth the risk?

I’ve volunteered for past 40 years apparently. Pheasant, deer, quail, elk etc. So has even one else on this forum to some extent.

Apparently it takes more then a few #6-8 pellets etc. What so hard with providing relevant studies of like alloys?

Love how Science is used when convenient to a certain faction of this country. Yet, when you would for example say, you were born with chromosomes that make you a man or woman, the science doesn't matter then.
No offense, and I hear what you are saying....but biology is actually a little different than science and scientific research/data

nope.
I actually think your reasonable and thoughtful.
you are in the minority though.
beer-3633568_7edb3_hd.jpeg

I’ve volunteered for past 40 years apparently. Pheasant, deer, quail, elk etc. So has even one else on this forum to some extent.

Apparently it takes more then a few #6-8 pellets etc. What so hard with providing relevant studies of like alloys?
I think it (the amount to be toxic) depends the species..this RMEF presentation cites various studies.. Eagles for example, don't need much

Apparently it takes more than a few #6-8 pellets etc.
You willing to bet on that with your developing child’s brain heath? That’s great. I’m not.

Back