Biden Administration imposes lead bans in 8 F&W areas

that’s the worst argument (and the biggest red herring) for lead bullets I’ve ever heard. Please stop.

So does mercury…doesn’t mean it’s safe for wildlife or human consumption.

Theres a lot of things that are naturally occurring that are best to stay away from.

Relax fellas, just trying to keep things in perspective. We all make and prioritize the choices for our families, that is as it should be. You've made yours, I can respect that, even if I may not always agree with you, I can respect it.

A demand from on high, outside of the normal legislative process, that bypasses our ability to make those choices, is far more dangerous than lead bullets and sinkers for hunting or fishing. Especially when it seems to be more of an agenda than a decision of conviction.

But then, I'm not a huge fan of executive orders, regardless of who is president, outside of true emergencies or for relatively inconsequential matters.

CorbLand

WKR
Relax fellas, just trying to keep things in perspective. We all make and prioritize the choices for our families, that is as it should be. You've made yours, I can respect that, even if I may not always agree with you, I can respect it.

A demand from on high, outside of the normal legislative process, that bypasses our ability to make those choices, is far more dangerous than lead bullets and sinkers for hunting or fishing. Especially when it seems to be more of an agenda than a decision of conviction.

But then, I'm not a huge fan of executive orders, regardless of who is president, outside of true emergencies or for relatively inconsequential matters.
I still use lead bullets. It just a bad argument to say "well it exists naturally so..."

Anyone aware of any reliable studies finding adults/children of families consuming big game harvested with lead bullets have higher levels of lead than the general public or other control groups ?

Idaboy

WKR
that’s the worst argument (and the biggest red herring) for lead bullets I’ve ever heard. Please stop.

So does mercury…doesn’t mean it’s safe for wildlife or human consumption.
Let me just puruse my handy periodic table here..... Ah yes, plutonium, another natural element, let's try that 🙄

sacklunch

WKR
Anyone aware of any reliable studies finding adults/children of families consuming big game harvested with lead bullets have higher levels of lead than the general public or other control groups ?
Depends…are they harvesting brain matter from humans who’ve ingested lead? It’s been proven to cross the blood brain barrier, so how exactly are they going to get reliable data from a blood test?

Nothing to see here, blood tests don’t show elevated lead levels…potentially because it’s now in the brain.

See the link above posted from to NIH on neurotoxicity from lead

Depends…are they harvesting brain matter from humans who’ve ingested lead? It’s been proven to cross the blood brain barrier, so how exactly are they going to get reliable data from a blood test?

Nothing to see here, blood tests don’t show elevated lead levels…potentially because it’s now in the brain.

See the link above posted from to NIH on neurotoxicity from lead
So why do they check blood levels on children ?

amassi

WKR

None
It would be unethical for someone to try and poison the test group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
My understanding about lead toxicity with respect to ammo was it's impact on nonhuman predators in the food chain....not sure we have robust studies on impact of humans with respect to consumption of harvested animal meat, it has been looked at some, but many variables so mostly small sample sizes in humans.

Rich M

WKR
This is what Democrats do - they increase regulation and implement new rules. They'll regulate how you can wipe yer butt if you let them. Recent article said 15% of people support govt video monitoring inside their houses. You can't make this chit up.

I couldn't focus enough around the blah, blah, blah parts that cloud the facts & details to read the whole article - do they have rifle hunting on those refuges or is it just waterfowl & small game? Waterfowl is already non-toxic shot. Been that way for years.

For the folks who want to stop lead use - then, please don't use it.

This is the same administration that says your gas stove, BBQ grill and cow farts are causing the world to overheat. Get a clue and look past your fear of lead, it is a means to regulate hunting and get rid of guns.
Once they get your gas stove, they are coming after all the wood burners - no fires allowed. Then guess what, they'll go after something else and something else - it does not stop.

Hello? Hello?

So a study , one arm families eating big game shot with lead bullets ( i guess we are volunteering to poison ourselves in the name of science) . 2nd arm - general public . Maybe a 3rd arm workers in lead smelters, sinker factories, bullet manufactures high exposure . End point could be something like in 2024 if you vote for Joe Biden for president you have serious neurologic deficits and hence further studies. "God save the Queen!"

Idaboy

WKR
So do people think that bird shot should be lead and bullets? Or just that lead bullet restrictions is going to far?

CorbLand

WKR
This is what GOVERNMENTS do - they increase regulation and implement new rules. They'll regulate how you can wipe yer butt if you let them. Recent article said 15% of people support govt video monitoring inside their houses. You can't make this chit up.

I couldn't focus enough around the blah, blah, blah parts that cloud the facts & details to read the whole article - do they have rifle hunting on those refuges or is it just waterfowl & small game? Waterfowl is already non-toxic shot. Been that way for years.

For the folks who want to stop lead use - then, please don't use it.

This is the same administration that says your gas stove, BBQ grill and cow farts are causing the world to overheat. Get a clue and look past your fear of lead, it is a means to regulate hunting and get rid of guns.
Once they get your gas stove, they are coming after all the wood burners - no fires allowed. Then guess what, they'll go after something else and something else - it does not stop.

Hello? Hello?
Fixed it for you.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I do too. I’m not anti-lead, but I also acknowledge the risks.
I am not Anti-Lead...

But the packaging and actual rounds for copper bullets are so sleek. I end up buying copper anyway. Who cares about the extra money when my ammo is sexy.

I'm a new hunter but I've learned sexy bullets kill better with my first lite/Kuiu gear, Kifaru pack, and swaro binos.