Am I the only one who doesn’t use any gloves when I am gutting an animal out lol.

Grew up never doing it cause it wasn’t something we ever had on hand and still don’t. I used to share a lease with a guy who you thought was doing a full blown heart transplant just to clean a deer.

Never did until recently, with lime disease, ehd etc seems more do - wether they are preventive is unknown to me. But it is definitely less clean up. If I don’t have a pair stashed I don’t worry

Rubber gloves are cheap and pack tiny. Yes they prevent a lot of nicks and cuts. But also, it's just nice to rip them off at the end and your hands are 100% clean to handle your pack, rifle, whatever.

Lastly the grip on the knife is significantly better with rubber gloves than bloody hands. That alone is a reason to use them IMHO.

Like a lot of luxuries, once you try it, you just can't go back.
I buy the heavy duty from Harbor Freight

It might depend on your access to a water source to clean up after? Cause in dry places having hands coated in dried blood is just annoying imho. I wear gloves not for any fear of contact with something, I wear them because they'd light as hell and make clean up easier.

Back