Am I the only one who doesn’t use any gloves when I am gutting an animal out lol.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
For those who don’t wear gloves, do you wash your hands before breaking down the animal? Or you go from days in the field scratching any itch, then break the animal down without cleaning your hands?

If you’re at a restaurant and watch the cook scratch an itch then grab your steak and put it on the grill are you good with that too?
IMG_4883.jpeg

Westernduck

Lil-Rokslider
I used to never wear them, but then I started wearing them as a mechanic and it was nice to just pull them off and have clean hands for paperwork. Then it transitioned to hunting too.

They weigh practically nothing and make cleaning up after so much easier.

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Never have. I enjoy seeing blood on my hands for the next week that I didn't get washed off all the way. Easy way to relive that hunt for a bit longer.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
For those who don’t wear gloves, do you wash your hands before breaking down the animal? Or you go from days in the field scratching any itch, then break the animal down without cleaning your hands?

If you’re at a restaurant and watch the cook scratch an itch then grab your steak and put it on the grill are you good with that too?
When I break down an animal my hands dont touch the actual meat I'm going to eat and I dont eat what my hands can touch when breaking down an animal.

I process my own.

fishslap

WKR
When I break down an animal my hands dont touch the actual meat I'm going to eat and I dont eat what my hands can touch when breaking down an animal.

I process my own.

How do you pull and make use of the neck, backstraps, tenderloin, rib meat, belly meat, and heart? I trim my meat well but it would have to be a bit more to remove everything I touched on those cuts, especially neck.

Always pack 3 in case one breaks,can also use for emergency water container.
Just don’t drink out of it like a utter!

Choupique

WKR
I never used them before this year. Never thought about it. I won't not clean a deer if I don't have them but I'll definitely use them if I do. If nothing else, it's way easier to clean up after.

I don’t. I bought some but never have used them. We had a bovine tuberculosis outbreak a few years back where I hunt and I never used them either. I wash my hands pretty good. If I had an open wound I probably would use them.

aer21

FNG
I never used to but the last 5 years or so I have been using those nice orange latex/rubber ones.

Choupique

WKR
I had an uncle end up in the ER a few years ago from gutting a rabbit with an open cut on his hand. Something we've all done hundreds of times (how do you even rabbit hunt without getting cut?) But he got unlucky that day. No reason to not use them if you've got them.

Wrongside

WKR
Didnt used to wear them, and I’d still field dress a critter without them. But I prefer to use them anymore and always have a few pairs in my kill kit. Keeps your hands a little warmer in the cold, and cleanup is way easier.

How I have learned to remember them is i vacuum seal all of my kill kit items. Throw a couple pairs of nitriles in with my game bags, and they are always there no matter what

I started doing that because it saves a lot of space and keeps everything dry, but now I like the organization aspect too.

Attachments

• IMG_9292.jpeg
    IMG_9292.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 27
I never used to but the last 5 years or so I have been using those nice orange latex/rubber ones.
Glove works HD with the textured surface… they kick ass.

Napa has the best prices on them, they sometimes have to order them, but they are like 10$ cheaper at Napa than anywhere I’ve seen

Erict

WKR
Shoulder length gloves with nitrile over them for grip. Besides the standard reasons, it helps keep the ticks off. Heart and liver fit well into the used long gloves, wrap cruddy knife in nitrile gloves and with them being turned inside out it's clean.