2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Had a great time with this challenge! Lots of fun looking through all the posts, lots of great shooters and good to see everyone’s setups.

Thanks to Robby, Mods, Sponsors and everyone making this happen!

I finished up as well today - definitely need to start working on a few things. Turkey opened today and I am heading out tomorrow. I'd say my turkey MER is a LOT less than my deer MER!

TX_Diver

WKR
One more day. :rolleyes: Looking things over before I shot I found I was getting some nock pinch, further inspection lead me to find that I could slide my d-loop down with just a little pressure on a nocked arrow... Good news is I fixed the nock pinch and didn't see wobbly arrow flight today, bad news is I still suck. Guess starting the challenge after re-serving wasn't the best idea. Day 2 and 3 shots were all on me though, regardless of serving or not I didn't execute well.

To add insult to injury my broadhead and insert are stuck in my target now. Pulled out a clean shaft today!!!

KBJp7ulh.jpg

Looking forward to finishing up tomorrow or Friday and diving back into the bow setup/tuning. Will definitely make me think about max range. 50 was usually a pretty easy shot for me last year once I'd been shooting a while. Definitely can't take that for granted and need to work back up to it for awhile!

Jimbob

WKR
I posted my day 5 video. I won't be winning any accuracy awards but I think I have the most scenic range. Also, I noticed my field points are more accurate than my broadheads. Need more tuning and practice.

WKR
Question: I had a full miss on day 4, put the arrow in the dirt behind the target in some pretty serious Wyoming wind. Do I need to shoot another day to make up for it? I'm thinking the answer is "no", but wanted to ask.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Question: I had a full miss on day 4, put the arrow in the dirt behind the target in some pretty serious Wyoming wind. Do I need to shoot another day to make up for it? I'm thinking the answer is "no", but wanted to ask.
You shot so it counts.
The cold bow challenge is about learning after every shot. Sounds like a situation with some take away experiences.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
[mention]307 [/mention] I did the same thing. No idea what went wrong but it hit the dirt. I think it was my day 4 as well. Still only one arrow per day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
View attachment 172099

Real trophy picture there, hitting something that small.
Well done. My shooting buddies and I used to go after the big 3: Cottontail, Snowshoe hare and Jackrabbit. out of the 3 of us, we all bagged a cottontail, one got a Snowshoe and none of us have ever came close to hitting a Jack...lots of shots, but not even close. those things are fast and wily.

Well done. My shooting buddies and I used to go after the big 3: Cottontail, Snowshoe hare and Jackrabbit. out of the 3 of us, we all bagged a cottontail, one got a Snowshoe and none of us have ever came close to hitting a Jack...lots of shots, but not even close. those things are fast and wily.

We only have cotton tail here. Lots of fun with the stick bows. It's a target rich environment around the barns. It's 3 of us roam around flinging arrows. Great entertainment.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Day 5 in the books for me. What an abysmal performance, ha! Definitely going to make some adjustments based on this. I'll be shooting the first arrow every session from my MER from the CBC and really focusing on making that first shot count.

Thanks for putting this on! It's been a great learning experience.

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
So 10 pics are the max to download? I was trying to show my shot angles and elevation changes but it says I cannot add more pics. I may have to retake my pics of bows and arrows as one to get all 5 pics of my shots in.

TX_Diver

WKR
Thanks for putting this on! Im now painfully aware that my max range has shrunk quite a bit from last fall! lol
I also am really wondering if a weak arrow spine will contribute to weird arrow flight. Im going to bump to a stiffer spine and do some testing.

Same. My "MER" is apparently like 15 yards based on how I'm shooting right now :rolleyes:

Tag_Soup

WKR
Wrapped mine up this morning. Thanks Robby, Rokslide, and sponsors for setting this up again!

Definitely fun to play the head game and see how it affects my shooting! Managed 4/5 kill shots with my one miss 1/2” out, but none were as good as I usually like. Looks like I need to be doing this more on my own to get those important one shot reps in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So 10 pics are the max to download? I was trying to show my shot angles and elevation changes but it says I cannot add more pics. I may have to retake my pics of bows and arrows as one to get all 5 pics of my shots in.
yip, even for me, 10 is the max. As long as your five shots are in there, you're good. Anything else is just for fun