2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

TripleJ

WKR
Got my 5th shot done today. Made my 1st “poor” shot and didn’t compensate enough for wind. It sure was fun though, the pressure is definitely higher when you only get one shot. Thanks for the challenge!

Jimbob

WKR
One is fine if you’re on or you know why you missed. Today everything felt great and right and left was great but it went high. I have no idea why, I really wanted to shoot to see if it was the tailwind. I’m shooting on a ridge top so maybe the wind.

Most likely it was me but I usually know why I missed. This one is eating away at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
One is fine if your on or you know why you missed. Today everything felt great and right and left was great but it went high. I have no idea why, I really wanted to shoot to see if it was the tailwind. I’m shooting on a ridge top so maybe the wind.

Most likely it was me but I usually know why I missed. This one is eating away at me.

Just like a miss on the mountain, it’ll drive you nuts

Clarktar

WKR
Ok, I sent you a PM yesterday I think. I'll send one to travis

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HHairball

FNG
For people in the Nampa Caldwell Idaho area I have some property that’s bare land. I wouldn’t mind if some one wanted to use it. One at a time of course.
Hi! That is great! How do I we get a hold of you?
been trying to find a place to shoot- guns and bows- bows mostly!
thanks,
H

as.ks.ak

WKR
I wanted to get my 5th arrow in today buuuuuut I got my air shocks in the mail and tomorrow I have to haul my wheeler to go put bait out for the first time this year....so you know I had to get the new air bags installed to give ‘em a proper test tomorrow.

Then I’m setting bait tomorrow, so not sure I’ll get that final arrow in until Thursday...oh how life happens some times!

GregB

WKR
Hi! That is great! How do I we get a hold of you?
been trying to find a place to shoot- guns and bows- bows mostly!
thanks,
H
No guns just bows, I don't mind letting someone use it for the cold bow challenge. You're in the Caldwell area?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Be careful with your broadheads folks, they bite! Hopefully cutting my hand this morning isn’t an omen for how this challenge is gonna go for me.

If you haven’t cut yourself while shooting once, or 50 times, you aren’t shooting Broadheads enough. Haha

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Based on the condition of the Broadhead targets in the cold bow challenge, including mine, a Broadhead target sponsor could make a killing!!!! Anybody have relationships with one?

Last edited:

jt4

WKR
If you haven’t cut yourself while shooting once, or 50 times, you aren’t shooting Broadheads enough. Haha

This is true. From last year...

a594a9560701348750aea5e83285d597.jpg

Ucsdryder

WKR
Another fun change would be to put your mer minimum and go from there. Last night it was a perfect day to shoot. Zero wind, cool and the sun was going down. My mer is 60, would have loved to push it back to 80+.