2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

as.ks.ak

WKR
I’ll save y’all the hassle of going to my post. Here’s a picture of my group. In my post (#20) I talk about my issue with my pin not being set properly...Once I make my pin adjustment I’ll be shooting pretty damn well I’d say. I’m super happy with this group, prior to this challenge I have definitely shot less than 30 arrows at 50 yards.

Cannot thank Robby and the Rokslide crew enough for putting this on! After this challenge, I have much more confidence in my abilities and I’d say it’s time to start stretching it out to 60,70,80!

dc5cd9fd4eb88ca895bb857b81f53159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll save y’all the hassle of going to my post. Here’s a picture of my group. In my post (#20) I talk about my issue with my pin not being set properly...Once I make my pin adjustment I’ll be shooting pretty damn well I’d say. I’m super happy with this group, prior to this challenge I have definitely shot less than 30 arrows at 50 yards.

Cannot thank Robby and the Rokslide crew enough for putting this on! After this challenge, I have much more confidence in my abilities and I’d say it’s time to start stretching it out to 60,70,80!

dc5cd9fd4eb88ca895bb857b81f53159.jpg

That is a super group! Time for 55

Fatcamp

WKR
What sight should input on my new bow. Black Gold Rush is on my current tool.

Want to spend money on something I need.

TX_Diver

WKR
I think it's hard to go wrong with MBG. I like the mountain lite right now.

Lots of people like spot hogg too though and HHA has some nice offerings. Call S&S archery and talk to them about what you want.

TX_Diver

WKR
Tuning issues can be compounded by form issues. Take a deep breath, trust the process, and go through your possible issues one at a time. You'll be ready to rock by hunting season!

Pretty sure it's part me and part d-loop sliding because I did a poor job re-serving. Will break it down this weekend and get back at it.

I'm very new to tuning but am enjoying the learning curve/process.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if the CBC results will draw early this year since folks seem to be flying through it!

Most likely anyone dragging out their 5th arrow for the 6 weeks will fall under massive Rokslider peer pressure.

So I’m saying yes, we’ll be drawing way earlier then 6 weeks.

Beendare

WKR
I think everyone participating [and following along] realizes this is more than just a "one shot a day" thing...or they should....I know I do.

This is really a "One shot for all the Marbles" test....and one we all should consider doing before taking our bows in the woods. I know I felt some nerves knowing that this one shot was going to be there for all to see- a little added pressure.

I have my own issues with a cold shot and a stick bow. [post #168].....and not feeling totally warmed up on that first shot. Others have their own individual issues. One comment we are seeing is "Effective ranges" shrinking.

Its a worthy exercise and one to incorporate into our practice routines....to work the kinks out. In bowhunting we typically don't get a lot of do overs....or a lot of shot opportunities.

I think what the Rokslide crew has done for us is to give us a little push to make these shots count. Thanks guys.

________

Fatcamp

WKR
I think it's hard to go wrong with MBG. I like the mountain lite right now.

Lots of people like spot hogg too though and HHA has some nice offerings. Call S&S archery and talk to them about what you want.

Just spoke for a 7Pin MBG Rush on Archerytalk. Now to find an American made rest.

My shooting sucks. I'm going 20 different directions and just cannot calm down. Ugh. Hope things settle down soon.

TX_Diver

WKR
Just spoke for a 7Pin MBG Rush on Archerytalk. Now to find an American made rest.

My shooting sucks. I'm going 20 different directions and just cannot calm down. Ugh. Hope things settle down soon.

AAE and I believe Hamskea are made in USA. HHA as-well. I have a virtus I'd sell if you want to go HHA. I switched to the AAE as I wanted to go limb driven and couldn't get the clearance I wanted with the virtus. Liked it otherwise though.

Fatcamp

WKR
AAE and I believe Hamskea are made in USA. HHA as-well. I have a virtus I'd sell if you want to go HHA. I switched to the AAE as I wanted to go limb driven and couldn't get the clearance I wanted with the virtus. Liked it otherwise though.

I couldn't find anything on Hamskea's website that said MIA?

I've been continuing to shoot my first shot of the day with a broadhead at twenty yards. I'll post today's shot here when I get around to shooting it. I think I will do 8 burpees before shooting.