your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

cjdewese

WKR
I bought a Fenwick Flyrod in Bozeman two years ago at Bob Wards. Got the receipt and put it my son's glovebox. 2 days later I'm fishing the Gallatin and stumble on some rocks and fall - breaking my rod. I go home, call my son a week later and ask for the receipt to be sent to me. He threw it away while cleaning out his car. Dang! Ended up contacting Fenwick anyway. Sent them a picture of the broken rod and told them about stumbling on rocks and the receipt being thrown away. Told them the date I purchased the rod and where I purchased it. They sent me a new rod. Thought that was pretty good. Kept a loyal customer by doing that for me.
Had a very similar experience with them on a 8'6" Salmon/Steelhead rod when I dropped it on hard pack sand surf fishing. It landed just perfectly to whip the rod as it fell and broke the last 10" or so of the tip after beating the crap out of it for almost a year.

Didn't have a receipt took pictures told them those same details and I had one in my hands less than 2 weeks after I dropped it and broke it.

I emailed Sportsmatch about mounting hardware and they quickly replied that they are some kind of metric or Euro thread type. Only question they asked was my address so they could ship me some. A week later 4 mounting bolts were in my mailbox.

Good experience this week with stone glacier. Somehow I lost the pills on my pant vents. They sent them for free. Also ordered a few other small items over the phone. Didn’t realize the $15 shipping until I got the confirmation email. I had a free shipping code I responded to the email with and in 5 minutes shipping was removed from my order.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Masterbuilt smoker CS SUCKS. Can't even talk to anybody, all electronic email-like. Couldn't even get them to tell me what part to order. The person I conversed with seemed to be an absolute idiot.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
My son's car needed new rear brakes (discs) so I ordered a Power Stop kit through Rock Auto. Once you enter the vehicle info on the PS website, it has links to several different retailers where you can purchase the kit. In my case, it was $175 on Amazon and $110 (plus about $15 for shipping) on Rock Auto. Everything shows up and I get to work on it late Friday The inside pad was giving me a fit. It wouldn't stay in the piston and when I "forced" it, the tabs on the backside bent inward. When I say forced, I used both thumbs to push it. Nothing crazy. I messed with it a little while then quit. Saturday morning I asked my next door neighbor (heavy machinery mechanic) to double check my work. It wasn't just me. I either had the wrong pads or a knockoff. My bet was on knockoffs. Well, it was Saturday and a holiday weekend so I couldn't talk to anyone until Tuesday. The guy on the phone asked for a picture of the new pad and the old one. Within a few hours he had emailed me and asked for proof of purchase. I sent what he asked for at 2:50pm yesterday and had new pads at my door at 7:48am today!

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
Called Whites Boots about my boots squeeking a year after they fixed them for squeeking due to a broken foot bed.
They sent a return label within 5 minutes and mentioned they'd probably replace them with a new pair.
Same experience with Axil and my GS 2.0 left buds amplifier buzzing.

TJfromTX

FNG
Rugged Liner Bedcovers - Had an individual break into the back of my truck while parked overnight in Dallas a few months ago and steal all the tools I stored in the bed. In the process, said individual broke the corner frame section and handle assembly of my bedcover while prying it up to gain access. This kept it from sealing correctly, essentially flopping around while driving down the road.

This bedcover is a soft tri fold style, and is 13 years old and was still going strong up until that point.

I contacted Rugged Liner, who promptly mailed me replacement parts to fix the issue (FOR FREE).
When the parts arrived, they were not the right type for my cover. I contacted them again and explained. They sent me ANOTHER set of parts (AGAIN, FOR FREE) and I was able to fix my cover with no issues. (they didn't even want the first set of parts mailed back)

Both CS reps were excellent to deal with and helpful in helping me get what I needed. (A rarity nowadays)

Thanks!

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good about Exo. I'll back that up. Left a cracker wrapper or something in my water bottle pocket of my pack and tossed it in the wall tent.. had a mouse chew through it overnight. Messaged exo and they sewed it up and looks great, no problem.

Good to read Outdoor Research, I have lots of gear maybe I should see if they'll back it up.

First Lite; I see lots of good about orders, cancellations, returns etc. but I don't think they back up their gear like it seems kuiu, sg does? Anyone have similar experiences? (Might need to buy some SG clothes just from the reviews here!)

GoRhino - new running boards for a bronco. Brackets are wrong. Instead of sending new ones, have been given the run around for over a week, even after they admit its a known issue and the wrong brackets have been sent. Told them to just give me a refund and send someone to pick up the boards.

First Lite does not stand behind their products. Had a base layer rip at the seam after wearing once and they said too bad.

MBRP - exhaust leaks after install. They refuse to warranty it and said to just put some high temp sealant on it.

jbosk15808

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a few good interactions over the past month:

Bore tech - Initially ordered a custom sized collar for the bore guide, but they noticed the size I requested for the gun I ordered is slightly off from what the standard size collar is, so they called and walked me through getting the standard collar to fit. They told me they wanted me to make sure I was getting moneys worth and buying custom collar in the size I requested was not worth it. I appreciate that kind of honesty.

Spartan Precision - Locking lever fell off my bipod while in my backpack side pocket, assuming trees or brush got to it while hiking, during a hunt. Emailed them and next day they sent out replacement parts.

SG - I ordered pants and noticed they were smaller than expected. Requested an exchange for larger size and within days of sending the original order in I got the replacements. Pretty stoked on the turnaround

matthewmt

WKR
Have to give 2 thumbs down to sportsman warehouse on a transaction for a 2nd trijicon ten mile.

U.S Elite gear gets 2 up on a salomon purchase

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Guys at TAC had Protekt as their water flavor/rehydration partner.

One of their guys at their booth chatted with my wife for a long while, gave us a bunch of samples, and was very informed on ALL of their products. They even sold me on a few of their products so I'll be replacing liquid IV with Protekt

Their rest formula is great. I've used it 3x now. Helps my body get relaxed, which in turns lets me dip into REM sleep. Definitely something I would take with me on a back country hunt or camping trip

Swarovski.

I had the right eyepiece refuse to extend (I don’t wear glasses but when I put the binos away I rotate the eyecups in). A couple of emails and Blammo two new eyecups in the mailbox, gratis.

P

Went through forks wa and stopped at the shop for luxe. Not on Google maps so can't review, all social media comments turned off and where you go to the shop there is no one there the place is near empty no tools to make the gear ho one to answer questions and a by appt only sign due to covid.... This was like 2 weeks ago after hospitals were not even required to have masks. No answer but phone and finally after extensive research found out they don't even make the gear hence the lack of machines it's all made in China! It's not just bad customer service it's non existent. They don't even allow returns or exchanges on sale priced items and full time items are on "sale" it's a joke.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Stone glacier just gave me an upgraded pack belt on warranty even though mine is 5-6 years old. They gave me the updated belt and didn’t charge me a dime. I won’t be looking at packs from any company other than SG from here on out. I’ll probably buy one of their tents too.

schmalzy

WKR
Stone glacier just gave me an upgraded pack belt on warranty even though mine is 5-6 years old. They gave me the updated belt and didn’t charge me a dime. I won’t be looking at packs from any company other than SG from here on out. I’ll probably buy one of their tents too.

My experiences have been the same. Kurt went out of his way to send me a sling for my Terminus before they were fully released. Just cool guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Ordered a pair of Crispis and conditioning cream. Boots showed up quick but no cream. Reached out to them inquiring about the cream. They said it got missed on the order and wanted to know if I still wanted it. I told them yes. Still no cream. Its been 3 weeks.

Another great experience with stone glacier. Like a dummy I shortened the straps on my gaiters by cutting the webbing. I did this with a thin pair of boots rendering them useless with anything else. I sent an email asking if they could sew on new webbing for me. They responded right away saying they’d take care of it no problem. This is why I will continue to buy from and support that company.