your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Good Interaction with Spot Hog last week.

Needed a replacement set of sight screws and some sight tapes, I called and left a message stating I wanted to place and order.

Received a call back within a few minutes and a very nice woman took my order over the phone.

gearguywb

WKR
I have been in a 6 week battle with Lowes.

The readers digest version:
Looking for all new kitchen appliances. Lowes requires their contractor to measure everything. He shows up, breaks the glass out of the double oven and leaves it part way out of the wall.

Appliances show up, I am out of town, the Lowes installer takes a swazall to my cabinets.

Trying to get them to return a call or do anything is beyond ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_5314.jpg
    IMG_5314.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_5256.jpg
    IMG_5256.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5255.jpg
    IMG_5255.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 62

Looking for all new kitchen appliances. Lowes requires their contractor to measure everything. He shows up, breaks the glass out of the double oven and leaves it part way out of the wall.

Appliances show up, I am out of town, the Lowes installer takes a swazall to my cabinets.

Are you trying to call a generic number or the number of the local store? My grandpa is homebound and I had a stove delivered to his house that's a town south of me. Lowes is a town north. There was a small problem with the hook-up, no big deal. No help on the corporate number so I called the store. No help, demanded a manager. Had a call back in like 15 minutes and I had the replacement part the next day. It was my fault in all reality as I missed making a note on the order, but they sent the guy back no charge.

Long story, call the local store's manager

WCB

WKR

Go to the store plain and simple. Also, why in the hell do they need their guy to measure? I've bought new appliances and just go in or order online what I want. Have them deliver then install myself.

gearguywb

WKR
Go to the store plain and simple. Also, why in the hell do they need their guy to measure? I've bought new appliances and just go in or order online what I want. Have them deliver then install myself.
I have been to the store (multiple times), spoke with 3 different assistant managers and once with the store manager.

Escalated to the corporate "Executive Customer Relations". So far nothing has been done. I did get a claim filed yesterday with the sub-contractor that caused the damage. Now I have to find two construction/cabinet installers to give me estimates on repairing the damage.

Still nothing on getting appliances that will fit. Shouldn't be that hard since we found a couple with a 20 minute search on Lowe's website.

rcb2000

WKR
Just stopped in the GoHunt shop in Vegas, the guy working in the showroom deserves a raise. Super helpful and knowledgeable, got out a bunch of boots for me to try on knowing I wasn’t buying them at that time before a flight.
Great company and brand.

RCBS , I broke two decapping pins , totally my fault , and they replaced both , no charge , no questions asked .
I told them it was my fault , it didn't matter to them .
I also recently had a good experience with RCBS. I broke the rod for swaging. Replaced no charge with no questions asked.

tony

WKR
Princeton Tec lights

Have an old "Fuel" model headlamp, out of warranty. Broke the battery door who knows when.
I sent a message asking about repairs/parts, less than 12 hours later I get an email stating "send your address, free parts and instructions will be in the mail.

ODB

WKR
My new safari boot purchase was a joke , hell Zimbabwean customer service is a joke
“”
Good Morning Mr Stein

I am sorry to hear that the shoes are to narrow. The Kudu leather stretches fast and well. Please have them stretched, I hope that you will be able to enjoy them as much as all our customers do.

Thank you for your advice , I will advise my boss.””

Courtney?

Ordered sling studs from manners stocks a couple weeks ago. They overlooked sending the t-nuts. One email & they sent them fast. No headaches. Courteous, prompt. 100% a solid outfit.
Everyone goofs up at some point, it comes down to how they handle it.

WBrim

WKR
It has been a couple months, but I had top notch service from MBG for a sight. One of my pins must had gotten caught up on something and was broken. I called in to ask about it, and had a very helpful, friendly conversation. Shipped it in, it was there for a day and a half, and returned good as new. No charge, and they replaced all 5 pins for good measure.

Vortex. Sent it an old 20-60x60 spotting scope. Was hoping they would actually replace it so it would be an upgrade 😂, but they fixed it. Had it back in less than two weeks. They payed for shipping both ways.

rvanbw00

FNG
Have a Leatherman Skeletool that I lost both the slotted and philips bits for, and broke the pocket clip off of. One call to their CS and had both the bits and a new belt clip in the mail. Very pleased.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex. I needed a replacement part for a tripod and they sent it no questions asked right away for free. Didn't even verify if I even had purchased the item in question.

Mish-pop

FNG
I just had an issue with my Vortex rangefinder. Messaged them and they sent me mailing form so they paid for shipping and nothing out of pocket. I also just purchased a set of binoculars off here with glasspack included but not harness. They sent me harness right away no questions asked! I know people dislike Vortex for valid reasons but man there warranty is nice and unless I hit a small lottery I will likely stick with them. Their glass more than does the job for what I need.

CO2130

WKR
Slik- Emailed them multiple times, called, and messaged on social media a while back trying to get a replacement screw and nothing has ever came of any of it. I like the products of theirs I have but I definitely won’t be giving them any more of my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Fenwick Flyrod in Bozeman two years ago at Bob Wards. Got the receipt and put it my son's glovebox. 2 days later I'm fishing the Gallatin and stumble on some rocks and fall - breaking my rod. I go home, call my son a week later and ask for the receipt to be sent to me. He threw it away while cleaning out his car. Dang! Ended up contacting Fenwick anyway. Sent them a picture of the broken rod and told them about stumbling on rocks and the receipt being thrown away. Told them the date I purchased the rod and where I purchased it. They sent me a new rod. Thought that was pretty good. Kept a loyal customer by doing that for me.