Wod

Two teams of 2 gave it our best effort with OTC tags. I had a rag horn slip in quietly the first morning at 15 feet but too thick to get a shot. Had a stare down at 57 yards and never gave me a shot. The number of gas powered chariots forced the elk to become nocturnal and the sound of goose honks for bugles made them go quietly into the dark timber. Not to mention the migratory herd hadn’t made it down so we were hunting resident herds. Friday, we saw our first herd off the road. Got into multiple herds with bulls with cows but they didn’t want to play ball. We still had fun chasing them. It’s clear a number hunters think archery elk hunting is a low impact adventure and feel the best way to hunt is tool around on atvs/side by sides, jump off and harvest an elk.

Back at it this morning
No rest
Incline press 20/10/10/18
Seated flys 20/15/15/20
db lateral raises 4x20
db shrugs 4x20

4 exercises=1 set: 4 sets

Rope pushdown 20
Nose breakers 15
Close grip press-failure
Single arm cable extension-12

Back/rears/bicep
No rest
Pre exhaust sets
Front pulldown 2x25
Front pulldown/bent over barbell row 20/15/12/10
Single arm low cable row (18/10/10/15)/reverse weighted hypers 4x25/failure
Rear delt flys 4x15-20

Bicep
4 exercises=1 set
Hammers/preacher bench single arm/barbell DC/cable DC
20/12/12/15

Two teams of 2 gave it our best effort with OTC tags. I had a rag horn slip in quietly the first morning at 15 feet but too thick to get a shot. Had a stare down at 57 yards and never gave me a shot. The number of gas powered chariots forced the elk to become nocturnal and the sound of goose honks for bugles made them go quietly into the dark timber. Not to mention the migratory herd hadn’t made it down so we were hunting resident herds. Friday, we saw our first herd off the road. Got into multiple herds with bulls with cows but they didn’t want to play ball. We still had fun chasing them. It’s clear a number hunters think archery elk hunting is a low impact adventure and feel the best way to hunt is tool around on atvs/side by sides, jump off and harvest an elk.

Back at it this morning
No rest
Incline press 20/10/10/18
Seated flys 20/15/15/20
db lateral raises 4x20
db shrugs 4x20

4 exercises=1 set: 4 sets

Rope pushdown 20
Nose breakers 15
Close grip press-failure
Single arm cable extension-12
I’ll agree with @mtwarden that at least you got out, got after it, and got some action.
Now you PT until the next hunt.