Why are people so unkind

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCB

WKR
Someone asks where to hunt, several guys post unit numbers and hunt quality info, the post gets 1500 page views, and the hunt area turns to crap. Not because you, as a single hunter showed up, but because there are literally hundreds of people in the same situation and looking for "a push in the right direction." Now you have a covey of guys hammering the same unit. In an OTC unit people are to be expected, in a LQ draw unit it can actually ruin your own odds of drawing.
You lie...Just ask ole' Randy Newberg and all the Insta guys....them posting pictures, units, hunts online has zero change to odds or crowds.....

False, I know where you hunt and it isn't in @Nickofthewoods honey holes.

38 probably has the highest density of BC bulls, bucks, and boars of all the OTC units but nobody wants to believe it. :)
I haven't hunted there since I moved in 2015 so I can't comment on the trophy potential of the unit today. Considering that since then the popularity of hunting has drastically decreased, the Front Range population has declined, and nobody wants to recreate in the mountains so close to Denver, there simply has to be more Book animals around now. Grin.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I haven't hunted there since I moved in 2015 so I can't comment on the trophy potential of the unit today. Considering that since then the popularity of hunting has drastically decreased, the Front Range population has declined, and nobody wants to recreate in the mountains so close to Denver, there simply has to be more Book animals around now. Grin.
Funny part is no one will believe me now, but I’ve seen a legit monster in that unit… it was like seeing big foot

7agus4.jpg

You lie...Just ask ole' Randy Newberg and all the Insta guys....them posting pictures, units, hunts online has zero change to odds or crowds.....
Eastman's Hunting Journal "Top 12 best undiscovered OTC elk units in Colorado". A few years later and good OTC units start to go to draw. Loose lips sink ships. I just re-read the thread, and he must have received some nasty PM's... because everyone was fairly constructive in their advice.

Last edited:

ozyclint

WKR
Fun fact; when you type in "Aussie" the auto correct word suggestion is "Sissie"

We need @ozyclint to inform us on all of this. I think he mentioned having hunted Tahr on Mt. Everest so there must be at least a few tough Aussies around.
Nah nothing that hardcore, just tahr in Westland, New Zealand hiking in and out with my recurve.

Rob5589

WKR
I would have PM'd those dudes that helped you previously instead of backhandedly slamming everyone on the forum that you assume will give you grief. Oh, and great thread title. Good luck.

Rob5589

WKR
I meet you on the mountain I will absolutely help you haul meat. No questions asked. A little different than a publicly searchable unit blow up post.
Exactly. Uniting to fight for the right to hunt isn't the same as "go here and kill a xyz." Plus a PM is the way to go. I had a guy ask me about an extremely popular elk area I had experience in and I told him exactly where I had seen animals. Via PM of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.