Why are people so unkind

Status
Not open for further replies.
another thing that works is if you have a few units you are interested in and see a people talking about them more then others you could pm them. Sometimes people will be more willing with information if questions are asked in a private message instead of the spray and prey approach by creating a thread. I have had a few people who have messaged me about fishing up here and i generally give them more info then i would if it was broadcast for everyone to see.

Might not be as successful with getting info if you only have a few posts but its worth a try.

Wow, talk about lowdown.

Backing in might help but since Colorado requires a front plate it's pretty easy to tell NR vehicles from the front just from the lack of a plate. Not sure of the legality of this but I know a guy that had his truck f'ed with in Wyoming so he now throws on an old Wyoming plate while it's parked at Trailheads. Just don't forget to switch it back before you drive.
To be fair, I hunt 100+ days a year, all out of state. 99% of my interactions are great, the bad ones are a minority.
That being said, CO and UT seem to be the worst. I’ve also never had a bad interaction with guys out there putting in the work. It’s usually the people doing the least.

CaliWoodsman

Lil-Rokslider
I looked up the thread in question and thought the responses were super mild.

We gotta figure out a way to police these kinds of threads or shut em down entirely. The majority hate em and don’t want them on Rokslide, but participation by the minority will allegedly blow up a unit.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Wow, I'm hoping the commenters in support of the OP haven't taken the time to read the thread in question. There is absolutely nobody being "unkind." I usually think unkind thoughts at his type of post (as I'm sure many of us do) but the reply's were quite civil and cordial.

I'm curious how a person could not see the downside of posting hard-earned hunting information on an internet forum to be read by thousands of people. Obviously it isn't someone who has seen the results of their favorite spot being completely ruined by an avalanche of hunting pressure.
Seen it first hand, heck even word of mouth has ruined spots… know a spot which has point crept from 1 to 3 points in a handful of years thanks Huntin’ Fool and internet posts for that…

Hnthrdr

WKR
How long before we go full OH13 and start contributing $$ toward this man's guided elk hunt?

Asking for a friend.
Shoot I’ll mail him a rag horn skull and he can save himself some money and disappointment of hunting OTC archery haha

Hello people , Firstly I'd like to thank those couple of people who actually gave me constructive advice in my previous post . Iam wanting to Bowhunt Elk in Colorado this September and ask for advise on units ete , this will be my first and last trip to Colorado . Well anyone would think Iam asking to borrow your wife for a month , Iam coming from Australia so its not like Iam going the hammer your secret units or areas and the chances of me shooting a Bull are slim , although I did shoot a Bull in Utah OTC a few years back . Iam going to put in for a draw unit in the SW portion of the state , Ill be hunting by myself , if I don't draw I'll go OTC . I ask previously for advise nothing more , I'am not a tuff guy or a big Instagram Elk hunter like a few portray themselves on this forum , If you wanted to come down to Australia to hunt and we can basically hunt 12 months of the year no tags , no drawing . I would be one of the guys you'd ask for advise , help , and maybe even catch up for a hunt . I don't care if you want to shoot one of our Stags or Buffalo or any other of our game species down here , but gee ask you guys for advise its like cutting your left arm off . Again I sincerely thank those couple of dudes that did help me with some direction in your beautiful state .
Asshats will be asshats...just pity them and those closest to em and then forget them. Now, about this stag bowhunting help...

friend.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.