Washington Elk hunters Sound off...

Are you a Archery, Muzzle loader or Modern firearm hunter?

• Archery

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Muzzle loader

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Modern firearm

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
Modern, dry side. It doesn’t do much good to scout them with too much faith in an area since opening day is the day after 2 weeks of modern deer hunters pushing the elk to who knows where.
I usually just hike and hike and hike general areas I know they like to frequent until I bump into them or fresh enough sign for me to really slow down or come back and hunt the next day. Glassing isn’t too effective seeings how thick it is in the NE corner, unless they’re in a logged unit they’re pretty tough to glass up. And seeing’s how they don’t decommission any of the logging roads anymore, every jackass with a side by side is cruising every possible road all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Modern, dry side. It doesn’t do much good to scout them with too much faith in an area since opening day is the day after 2 weeks of modern deer hunters pushing the elk to who knows where.
I usually just hike and hike and hike general areas I know they like to frequent until I bump into them or fresh enough sign for me to really slow down or come back and hunt the next day. Glassing isn’t too effective seeings how thick it is in the NE corner, unless they’re in a logged unit they’re pretty tough to glass up. And seeing’s how they don’t decommission any of the logging roads anymore, every jackass with a side by side is cruising every possible road all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yuk !