Washington Archery Elk hunters …

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Haven’t decided yet. May get an Eastside tag but won’t use much vacation hours again to compete with the wolves. That being said, if anyone within a couple hours of spokane needs help packing out I’d be happy to help if available

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Was out all last week, bulls were quiet at 3500-5000 feet. Did 61 miles bumped a couple of cows and got with in 63 yards of a small bull. No shot then the wind blew out . He busted

duckhuntr

FNG
I was out early last week, west of the cascades. Hunted 3 days, heard bugling only once while still pitch black in the morning. I even did several night hikes and road stops trying to get something to talk with no luck. Heading back out for the rest of the season tomorrow though, hopefully they start talking a little more.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I was out early last week, west of the cascades. Hunted 3 days, heard bugling only once while still pitch black in the morning. I even did several night hikes and road stops trying to get something to talk with no luck. Heading back out for the rest of the season tomorrow though, hopefully they start talking a little more.
It could be pressure or they are just not starting to fire up yet.

Colterw

FNG
Slow action at the south end of the cascades on the wet side. Hot and dry.

I did chase around a bull with cows but couldn't get him to stop and run me off. Never winded me and never took off, they just kept ahead of me about 100 yards or so. With how thick the brush is, it's practically hand to hand combat. Had an arrow nocked three times but the closest I got was 48 yards in heavy brush.

Hoping for a little break in weather to shake them up a bit.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Slow action at the south end of the cascades on the wet side. Hot and dry.

I did chase around a bull with cows but couldn't get him to stop and run me off. Never winded me and never took off, they just kept ahead of me about 100 yards or so. With how thick the brush is, it's practically hand to hand combat. Had an arrow nocked three times but the closest I got was 48 yards in heavy brush.

Hoping for a little break in weather to shake them up a bit.
Keep at it , if you can hunt towards the end of the season , I bet it will fire up .

SWOHTR

WKR
Pros to hunting NE WA…you’re alone.

Cons to hunting NE WA…”alone” includes no wildlife.

Never have I seen such a great landscape so devoid of life.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Pros to hunting NE WA…you’re alone.

Cons to hunting NE WA…”alone” includes no wildlife.

Never have I seen such a great landscape so devoid of life.
Only hunted turkeys over there. Never saw any elk sign.