Washington Elk hunters Sound off...

Are you a Archery, Muzzle loader or Modern firearm hunter?

• Archery

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Muzzle loader

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Modern firearm

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

NRA4LIFE

WKR
East side rifle. Have never drawn a branched permit in 20+ years of applying, so it looks like another spike hunt.

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I have a question regarding a unit for muzzy hunters on the westside . Please pm me and I give you the unit ? Not sure how else to do this with out putting the GMU on blast , not like it matters these with all the pressure.

Dannybow

FNG
East side archery- 5 years no harvest though it seems this is the uncommon from what I hear. I do like calling a lot and should probably consider changing things up and do some more water sits, though calling is just so much fun. If someone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

KNOPHISH

FNG
East side rifle, but have Montana tags also so archery then probably a thanksgiving week hunt.

bjwiech

FNG
How busy is the West side during elk muzzleloader season? I have family that live or there and have considered going out, but the time that would work best is around early October muzzleloader season.

bjwiech

FNG
Looking in OnX a lot of the private land is owned by paper mills or other errors product companies. Do they generally allow hunting? If so, where would one begin to ask?

bjwiech

FNG
I can't. Still an FNG. I don't have any specific unit I am looking at right now though, just looking generally on the west side. I have relatives that live out in Port Angeles so loosely north or west of Olympic.

I just don't know how his much to factor in all that private forest land. Do some of those companies allow hunting and I can assume that some of the hunting pressure is on that private land, or are those opportunities limited or non-existent and I should assume that most pressure will be on the public land?

There is nothing like that in central MN, so I don't have any idea how to factor that in.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the owner, some have permit access, others walk in only. A few are still wide open. Google each owners name and you should find your answers.

West side liver and hunter, Modern for now, see If I snag a leftover multi season elk. I snag 2 weyerhauser permits for deer/elk/beer this year. however Got a good controlled elk hunt in idaho thru oct.

Might do some High Buck Deer/Bear hunt in sept, then will go to Idaho and hopefully smash a bull and If god loves me, I will draw a Mule deer buck tag for same area as my elk tag(left over) and double in idaho, then come home and get an elk..

I want my wife to have to buy 1 new giant freezer, when I call her on my drive home.