A scary day in the elk woods

Read1t48

WKR
I hate these stories. I’ve wanted to use and try decoys and have even considered the ultimate predators decoy which is mounted to your bow. But I’ve never made the purchase out of fear of poachers or bad archers. Bad stories occur every year and I want no part of it. These stories keep me from buying one. Even the orange strips on some decoys don’t give me peace of mind.

OP
V

Venom One

WKR
Ya think you might have got a little close to their plants????????

I haven't seen any signs of that in this area, but I've come across hoses in a creek before in a different location. Curiosity makes a person want to "check it out", while self-preservation has a different response. Self-preservation won the battle by a wide margin. :)

OP
V

Venom One

WKR
I hate these stories. I’ve wanted to use and try decoys and have even considered the ultimate predators decoy which is mounted to your bow. But I’ve never made the purchase out of fear of poachers or bad archers. Bad stories occur every year and I want no part of it. These stories keep me from buying one. Even the orange strips on some decoys don’t give me peace of mind.

A few years ago I needed to cross a large clear cut and didn't want to just stroll across so I decided to use the decoy to cover my movement. About 3/4 of the way across - BOOM. Another scared ****less moment.....I thought I was alone and it was "safe". I decided at that point to never use the decoy in open areas. Now I'm concerned about using it at all.....

jewbacca

FNG
Nutso. I was once shot in WA at while out for a run at night. The moon was bright so I wasn't using a light. I liked to run through the corn fields behind my parents' house. This fields were bare, and i noticed a truck parked off to my left with its lights pointed in my general direction. Heard the whiz of a few bullets fly near me as they fired 3 times. I went to the ground and started shouting at them. They never said a word but at least the shooting stopped. Pretty sure they were after coyotes when they saw my silhouette gliding by in the moonlight.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk