Tikka roughtech ranch?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Considering it will be paired with an Ultra 7 and also used by a youth hunter is the form factor much different in feel and balance from say a t3x compact or standard for that matter? I was set on the compact and getting it cut & threaded but after seeing this rancher model the LOP from the factory stock could be simpler to adjust for him and 5/8 is easier with the CB since the 1/2’s are hardly ever in stock. For some background I’ve never shot a tikka so I figured a RSS is where to start but it needs to be youth compatible. Love to get your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to send some rounds down range.
I have the same thoughts regarding this new ranch rifle vs. a compact and getting it threaded.

I’m thinking I’ll buy the ranch rifle and just pick up a used compact stock so my wife can shoot it, then I can throw the other stock on if I ever want to start using it. Sort of an easy bc voice for me since I already have a well used compact stock. I like that it comes threaded so I don’t need to send it in. That always costs more than it should when o have to ship a barreled action out of Alaska in a non standard box.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Possible to thread the fluted barrel? No problem suppressed at 16”?
Yes. Tons of Roksliders have done it, so I did it too… no issue doing 1/2x28 on the 6.5cm pictured. I just got it back from the smith yesterday. The bolt is still at Kampfield for fluting. The rifle will be put into a Peak 44 stock for a light weight, “walking” rifle.

Considering it will be paired with an Ultra 7 and also used by a youth hunter is the form factor much different in feel and balance from say a t3x compact or standard for that matter? I was set on the compact and getting it cut & threaded but after seeing this rancher model the LOP from the factory stock could be simpler to adjust for him and 5/8 is easier with the CB since the 1/2’s are hardly ever in stock. For some background I’ve never shot a tikka so I figured a RSS is where to start but it needs to be youth compatible. Love to get your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to send some rounds down range.

Last I priced out a 223 T3x compact from online sources I could get one for $650ish. I’d just go that route and have it shipped directly to adco or similar to have them thread 5/8 w a shoulder, then ship to your ffl.