Visa, Mastercard halt gun purchase tracking code

I would be willing to bet they wouldn't get to enjoy it for very long.
Everybody talks big, but nobody (including myself) is gonna start shooting cops or mil when they show up for your guns, it's just not happening. Maybe a few whackos but that's about it. We need to stop it before it gets to that point, once we're there it's over (it's almost already over).

Yoder

WKR
Wow. Really turned the fear knob up to 11 there. So what can we do other than talk about why we should be fearful? Why not try to throw about a few ideas to right the ship, so to speak? Anyone have hope enough to come up with a plan? Term limits, money out of politics, end of the two party system or other ideas and how to implement them?
I think there is only one party. They are all corrupted by lobbyists, billionaires and the Chinese.

Okhotnik

WKR
I would be willing to bet they wouldn't get to enjoy it for very long.

"they"
' arrested people for surfing alone 400 yards off of an empty beach in California during Covid and arrested people for attending churches next to packed Walmarts and liquor stores during covid and "they" praised terrorist groups who burned down American cities during covid.

ponder that for a bit

Yoder

WKR
Everybody talks big, but nobody (including myself) is gonna start shooting cops or mil when they show up for your guns, it's just not happening. Maybe a few whackos but that's about it. We need to stop it before it gets to that point, once we're there it's over (it's almost already over).
There are about 100 million gun owners in the country. If 1% fought back, that's about a million people. I would bet more than that would fight back. Especially if they start kicking doors with no knock warrants.

Okhotnik

WKR
That thing at the branch dravidians and ruby ridge never happened and "they" never burned dozens of innocent women and children to death

Flyjunky

WKR
I'd agree but I also think it depends on what else has/is happening. If it's only about guns that's one thing but if things really hit the fan then I can see some serious resistance happening. Either way, I wouldn't want to be going to anyones door to get their guns. We have enough LEO's quitting because of the conditions they are facing, I couldn't imagine how many would lay down the badge if they were tasked with gun confiscation.

I would hope many in the military or LE wouldn't go along with the orders.

parshal

WKR
More info on how this came to be from ISO and gun rights lobby.

"Visa and Mastercard have said that the reason for the gun shop category was a decision outside of their control. The International Organization for Standardization, better known as ISO, is the group that categorizes merchant codes and Visa and Mastercard were just following their decision. Gun control advocates lobbied for the change to ISO, not to Visa and Mastercard."

Okhotnik

WKR
I'd agree but I also think it depends on what else has/is happening. If it's only about guns that's one thing but if things really hit the fan then I can see some serious resistance happening. Either way, I wouldn't want to be going to anyones door to get their guns. We have enough LEO's quitting because of the conditions they are facing, I couldn't imagine how many would lay down the badge if they were tasked with gun confiscation.

I would hope many in the military or LE wouldn't go along with the orders.
I would make sure I live in a community of like minded people the next few years. I see the svb bank in California just went teats up. Good thing we have strong competent pro constitution leaders ruling our country lol

Flyjunky

WKR

"Visa and Mastercard have said that the reason for the gun shop category was a decision outside of their control. The International Organization for Standardization, better known as ISO, is the group that categorizes merchant codes and Visa and Mastercard were just following their decision. Gun control advocates lobbied for the change to ISO, not to Visa and Mastercard."
Surprise, surprise.

I thought it was because the cc companies were just wanting it for marketing and data reasons?

WCB

WKR
What's up with all of the anti gun trolls showing up on a hunting forum lately?
That is why the whole "we have to stick together" comment is B.S. in my opinion. There is a group in the shooting and hunting industry that would Turncoat in 5 seconds for various reasons. Start at the majority of BHA members and branch out form there

MattB

WKR
I love how she talks about patterns and how that is so important to helping reduce firearm violence. If that's true how about we start paying more attention to the social media posts many of these people post in the days/weeks leading up to their shooting? How many times have we found out later that the FBI, school, friends, etc knew about these posts and did nothing? Seems to be the easier and more prudent step, but what do I know I'm just some peckerwood who lives in the woods with too many guns.
She is so ignorant on the topic. She stated she believes this new ISO code will help stop illegal purchases. How so? It won't at all. When asked about the perspective that the federal background check system would be a better vehicle for identifying the patterns she believes the ISO code would highlight, she responded that she didn't know enough about the process to comment.

Okhotnik

WKR

Still trying to wrap my head around why the executive leadership at BHA works for the largest anti gun lobbies in the US and are paid very well to do so

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Still trying to wrap my head around why the executive leadership at BHA works for the largest anti gun lobbies in the US and are paid very well to do so
Many of these "types" of folks started out as "wolves in sheep's clothing", and our country is filled with them. But in many cases, they're just "wolves in wolf clothing" these days, and many sheep still don't seem to mind.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last guy holding a match gets blamed for the dumpster fire.
2154d016c8300f1e7f10ef90832b98fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
There’s too many people, many on this site, who don’t care about the incremental chipping away of our 2A. It’s worrisome, sad really, that on a hunting site we don’t have close to 100% agreement on our 2A rights.

What's up with all of the anti gun trolls showing up on a hunting forum lately?

Agreed. The 2A has nothing to do with hunting but, I know you both know that. Many try to intertwine the two. There are plenty of gun guys that either are neutral or anti hunting just as there are plenty of hunters that aren't 100% pro 2A. The two groups do need to align as it would benefit both.

Okhotnik

WKR
Agreed. The 2A has nothing to do with hunting but, I know you both know that. Many try to intertwine the two. There are plenty of gun guys that either are neutral or anti hunting just as there are plenty of hunters that aren't 100% pro 2A. The two groups do need to align as it would benefit both.
Then why are back country Hunters and Anglers executives working for anti gun lobbies now? Why would any gun owner,/hunter support BHA?

speaking of dumpster fires look at this joke

Yoder

WKR
I mean, what do you need an AR-15 for anyway? All my kills are one shot.

Rob5589

WKR
Then why are back country Hunters and Anglers executives working for anti gun lobbies now? Why would any gun owner,/hunter support BHA?

speaking of dumpster fires look at this joke

Good questions on both. My guess is BHA has the stereotypical "my hunting rifles are safe" delusion.
I mean, what do you need an AR-15 for anyway? All my kills are one shot.

And this is the often spewed rhetoric. It's the "AR crowd" against the "bolt action hunting rifle crowd." When we should all stand in unison.