New Mexico gun ban

GSPHUNTER

WKR
5th Generation New Mexican. Left for many years and for some reason returned to the Land of Entrapment and bought a business. Not my smartest decision to lock myself in but it has some redeeming qualities - just stay out of Albuquerque... Two murders since she did this - I guess those people didn't get the memo.
I was in Albuquerque once, that was more than enough.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Ca. legislators passed a bill, which is on the way to Gov. Gresoms desk for signature. It will add additional 11% sales tax to all sales of firearms and ammo. In some counties like LA the tax will now be 21.25%. On top of that he is going to sign a bill making it all but impossible to get your CCW permit, but if you do mange to get one, there will be very few places where you can have it in your possession. Ever since the courts said a person did need to show cause to get a permit, the legislators have been coming up with ways to make it much harder to get CCW. Like I have said, they won't stop untill they get our guns.

dtrkyman

WKR
Hope all those Cali folks don't turn NM. into Cali, but I bet their dumb enough to agree to the same BS they left! Large influx here in Santa Fe of former Californians.

I would move from here if I could convince the wife!

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Hope all those Cali folks don't turn NM. into Cali, but I bet their dumb enough to agree to the same BS they left! Large influx here in Santa Fe of former Californians.

Grisham does everything she can to be just like California. And the people here just keep voting the same way. I swear they'd vote to castrate themselves if there was a D next to it.

A 1/2 dozen lawsuits have been filed in federal court.

House Republicans are having legal draft up articles of impeachment.

A certain amount of dems are denouncing this action and telling her to rescind it.

About 30 min before going "live", she sprang it law enforcement in that room with her. They cautioned to not go forward with it.

This has too much heat to just slip away.

Her plan is to continue to renew the order every 30 days.

This will likely go to a high federal court, if not to the Supreme Court.

I would be somewhat confident to say she's toast. Hopefully...

Last edited:
Grisham does everything she can to be just like California. And the people here just keep voting the same way. I swear they'd vote to castrate themselves if there was a D next to it.
NM would be exactly like California if they actually allowed businesses to sort of thrive there or if they had punctual employees.

MattB

WKR

New Mexico and Colorado’s politicians seem to be trying to outdo California’s of late.

gabenzeke

WKR
That Governor is a true hero. It may put her in the running with Newsom to be our next president.
This is exactly what it was about. She doesn't care about violence. She was trying to make a name for herself. She gambled, and lost. Unfortunately I still think other governors will learn from her failure how to be more successful with the same tactic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
AG And Sheriff should bring or join lawsuits in behalf of the public. Writting letters and talking is all anyone does.

The AG can implement articles of impeachment as well.

Unfortunately I still think other governors will
learn from her failure how to be more successful with the same tactic.

And that is probably Act 1 of the Endgame on this. She was "selected" to be the sacrificial goat for others to learn from. Bet a bank account somewhere has received a hefty deposit.

Here's a link to the full AG letter. AG rebuttal

Bullet point 2 of the letter is irrelevant should they actually enforce the law. No point in doing item #26 if items 1-25 are done...

GSPHUNTER

WKR
What did I post that was objectionable??? Really, I want to avoid if from now on.