UM TIKKA Scope Rings

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Well, this thread answered some questions. Given that my scopes already have pic rings on them, I'm still debating. But, I feel like I should vote with my dollars and get a set just to show appreciation for the development team.

gtriple

WKR
Got my rings and mounted them up. The quality is excellent. The lows are just barely tall enough to work with an NXS 2.5-10X42 with scope caps on them with a Proof Sendero. Looks like less than 1mm.

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! Is anyone mounting the level in front of the rear ring? I felt like it impaired visibility quite a bit.
I don't have it in hand yet to confirm but just by looking at pictures I felt that it would be too obstructed mounting it to the front of the back ring.

2-Stix

WKR
If I slam the back ring to the back of the dove tail it will interfere with the bolt. May needs to move up 3/16". Middle pin works on the back ring.

Front ring seam to work at any location and does not interfere with ejection on any pin location.

Really nice rings.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
Got my rings and mounted them up. The quality is excellent. The lows are just barely tall enough to work with an NXS 2.5-10X42 with scope caps on them with a Proof Sendero. Looks like less than 1mm.
Can you post a pic of the setup?

TheViking

WKR
Love the rings and they arrived 2 days after I was notified they shipped.

Same!

Just swapped out rings on my gun, really like these!

Only used pin on rear mount, didn’t like how far back the front sat with the pin. Torqued and blue loc tite on everything.

Last edited:

RussDXT

WKR
The mids fit great on the 300 wsm, but it won’t allow the spent casing to eject with a swfa 5-20. The casing hits the windage turret.

Here is a Night Force SHV F1 in the low rings. The height is perfect for me with the factory stock. Used both recoil pins and put the front pin in the bigger egg shaped hole.

Attachments

• IMG_6600.jpeg
    IMG_6600.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 107

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
The mids fit great on the 300 wsm, but it won’t allow the spent casing to eject with a swfa 5-20. The casing hits the windage turret.
I ran into this with the Sportsmatch TO84’s had to go to a High and it fixed the problem.

fwafwow

WKR
I guess I should buy a Tikka.
d0a1c25f1cfa51893352f105a5b17d97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same. Or two.

Attachments

• IMG_0433.jpeg
    IMG_0433.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 103
OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Roksliders, I wanted to post this here as well as the UM Hinged ring thread. Please read below regarding an issue we have with our Hinged rings that in no way applies to the Tikka rings. The Tikka rings have passed all extreme testing with flying colors.

We will always stand behind our products and be up front and truthful about any unforeseen issues.

This letter was emailed to all customers who purchased UM Hinged Rings:

Good morning,

You are receiving this email because you purchased and/or received our new UM Hinged Scope Rings.

It deeply burdens me to write this because this project has been a passion of mine since October 2022. I wanted to create a new scope ring design that put hunters first and checked all the boxes.

Shortly after shipping the first production run of rings, we identified a design flaw in the base clamp that prevented it from coming to full torque in certain installations.

The base clamp can crack, noticeably or unnoticeably, when torqueing to min spec rails or in pic positions with a slight gap behind the ring.

Please do not use or install the UM Hinged Scope Ring set you have received.

We spent the last 5 days trying to solve this issue with replacement clamps and have realized there is no way to cover all potential installations in its current design.

We will take the rings back to the drawing board and redesign the clamping of the base and scope to create a bomb proof set of rings you will be proud and confident to use on your hunting rifle.

You, our customer, have 2 options:
  1. You can reply to this email and request a full refund, no questions asked, and we will send you a return label for the rings.
  2. You can hold tight and wait for new rings to be delivered to you. We will automatically send these out to you once completed with a token of our appreciation for waiting. I can’t guarantee a delivery time for the revised rings but this project is at the top of our priority list in the shop and we’ll move as fast as quality allows.
Please know that we’ve been testing these Hinged rings for the last 6 months and completed 7 different design revisions to get to this point. Testing and design were not taken lightly.

This design issue does NOT affect our UM Tikka Scope Ring line in any way. The Tikka rings have hit the ground running as expected and have received rave reviews on Rokslide.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your continued support of Unknown Munitions, we appreciate you!

@Formidilosus @Ryan Avery

TxLite

WKR
Refreshing to see a company stand so firmly behind their products and provide this level of support to their customers.