UM TIKKA Scope Rings

atmat

WKR
I have a tikka with a 20 MOA Pic rail on top with the new UM rings would it make sense to take rail off and use tikka specific rings? Or leave rail and use UM rings for pic rail? Would save a couple ounces taking rail off and I don't need the height. Just never found rings that I loved which were tikka specific.
Take that sucker off.

amassi

WKR
I have a tikka with a 20 MOA Pic rail on top with the new UM rings would it make sense to take rail off and use tikka specific rings? Or leave rail and use UM rings for pic rail? Would save a couple ounces taking rail off and I don't need the height. Just never found rings that I loved which were tikka specific.

Yes stronger attachment and less to fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Mine arrived earlier today. First impressions -these look great and appear to be very robust. Never had any problems with the sportsmatch but these are very beefy in comparison. I'll get them mounted this evening or tomorrow.

atmat

WKR
Anyone know the torque values on the various screws? Can’t seem to find them.
this is what I would suggest with UM Tikka rings-

If you have a strong scope- NF, SWFA, Trijicon, S&B, etc- 34 in-lbs with Loctite. That equals 18 in-lbs in a standard NF ring.

If you have a scope that is “fragile” or one that is susceptible to binding the erector due to ring crush- 28 in-lbs with Loctite on UM ring cap screws equal 15 in-lbs on standard rings.

So far I am using 45 in-lbs on the base screws to attach it to the rail. That amount of torque feels about right and quick math said that should do. The base screw torque is subject to change.

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know the torque values on the various screws? Can’t seem to find them.
I was coming here to ask the same thing. The qr code on my box does not work to get to the instructions. It takes me to the um site to purchase rings. I remembered form's recommendations quoted above but wasn't certain if that's what they had settled on.

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My qr code didn't work
Hey Roksliders, Torque instructions are being listed as we speak in the product description of the UM Tikka Rings on our website. The QR code is operational and takes you to the scope ring category of our website. From there you will proceed to the UM rings you have purchased for the current installation instructions in the product description.

Detailed videos will follow. I will spend time here on this thread to help answer questions and inquiries over the next few weeks as customers are receiving the first production rings being shipped out.

30MM lows have all shipped, 30MM mediums will ship today and tomorrow.

Our listed UM Tikka Ring torque specs will be slightly lower than @Formidilosus tested them at to round the numbers out and not scare the shit out of scope manufacturers.

@Formidilosus tested at 34 in/lbs top cap and 50 in/lbs base clamp with out the added recoil pins and had 0 issues with these rings. This level of torque should be reserved for strong scopes such as NF/SWFA/ Trijicon, etc.

UM Listed torque will be 30 in/lbs top cap and 45 in/lbs base clamp, Loctite is acceptable, screws come degreased in packaging.

Feel free to tag me and ask any additional questions, thank you all for your support! @Ryan Avery

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Roksliders, Torque instructions are being listed as we speak in the product description of the UM Tikka Rings on our website. The QR code is operational and takes you to the scope ring category of our website. From there you will proceed to the UM rings you have purchased for the current installation instructions in the product description.

Detailed videos will follow. I will spend time here on this thread to help answer questions and inquiries over the next few weeks as customers are receiving the first production rings being shipped out.

30MM lows have all shipped, 30MM mediums will ship today and tomorrow.

Our listed UM Tikka Ring torque specs will be slightly lower than @Formidilosus tested them at to round the numbers out and not scare the shit out of scope manufacturers.

@Formidilosus tested at 34 in/lbs top cap and 50 in/lbs base clamp with out the added recoil pins and had 0 issues with these rings. This level of torque should be reserved for strong scopes such as NF/SWFA/ Trijicon, etc.

UM Listed torque will be 30 in/lbs top cap and 45 in/lbs base clamp, Loctite is acceptable, screws come degreased in packaging.

Feel free to tag me and ask any additional questions, thank you all for your support! @Ryan Avery
Thanks👍

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Instructions are now posted in the product description on our website, install videos will follow soon:

UM TIKKA SCOPE RING INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Use of Blue thread locker is acceptable but not necessary for ring function.

We prefer the Manual (not electronic) Wheeler FAT Wrench when torqueing rings.

Unscrew the (4) 9/64” Socket Head screws from each ring cap with the included driver bit and set aside. Loosen the (2) screws on each Tikka clamp. Place rings on your rail while paying attention to eye relief and scope tube spacing. Fine tune your recoil pin positions but know that these are not necessary to be installed for proper ring function. Usually we leave the pin out of the front ring to allow for furthest forward movement and clear the ejection port.

Lightly snug the clamp screws by hand until the ring bottom clamp has no movement. Torque each clamp screw to 45 inch-pounds and repeat the torqueing sequence until all screws are torqued on both clamps.

Set scope into rings and set ring caps into position. Install (4) screws into each ring cap and lightly tighten allowing for the scope to still move. Level your scope and then snug all rings paying attention to keeping the cap evenly spaced left and right. Torque all 4 screws to 30 inch-pounds in a star pattern. Repeat the torqueing sequence until all screws are torqued on both rings.

Re-confirm ALL screws are torqued to specification on both rings before shooting.

Thank you for supporting Unknown Munitions, we greatly appreciate your business!

@Formidilosus @Ryan Avery