UM TIKKA Scope Rings

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Production UM Tikka rings. @Ryan Avery
@Unknown Munitions

This Tikka has been rezeroed twice since 2015 in more than 18,000 rounds (yes), once when the rail was replaced with the current Sportsmatch rings, and once when the scope was removed to thread the muzzle.

View attachment 580321

A bit of heat to the screw heads and they came loose without much fuss.

View attachment 580308

Cleaned the action, UM rings and screws with break cleaner. They didn’t really need it as UM is degreasing them before shipping (finally someone listens)-
View attachment 580313

Mounted up.
View attachment 580314

Boresight, 2 shots, adjust, 3 shots in the dot, drop 14 times on both sides, shoot 3 more shots (left dot). Then some more drops, then check on right dot.
View attachment 580315

That’s 20’ish drops from 3 feet high, in a 1 moa or so group. The rings work.

Of note, I tapped the recoil pin into the front threaded screw hole in the action. It was not a super tight fit, and when removing there is no sign of damage at all to the action threads. This is not UM approved, this is me.
View attachment 580316

Remounted the prior scope and rings, shot two, adjusted left .3 mils, then shot these 5-
View attachment 580318

This is 12 rounds with 20 plus drops, two different types of ammo and two different scopes and rings into about 1 MOA, with a barrel that is closing in on 20,000 rounds and has never had so much as a patch put through it.

View attachment 580319
Fantastic Report @Formidilosus thank you sir!

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This is very generous of you. Will an email work to request, once they’re out?

Also, what’s the best way to contact you? I sent a PM but I’m sure you’re swamped.
I'll post details here once we have some, I'm not even sure if it's feasible until I see a quote from manufacturing.

TX_Diver

WKR
I'll post details here once we have some, I'm not even sure if it's feasible until I see a quote from manufacturing.

They weren't in the original purchase price so I'd be happy to pay for added pins afterwards if I end up wanting to use them. A code for a cheaper shipping option for just the pins would be appreciated though vs the $15 flat rate.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Production UM Tikka rings. @Ryan Avery
@Unknown Munitions

This Tikka has been rezeroed twice since 2015 in more than 18,000 rounds (yes), once when the rail was replaced with the current Sportsmatch rings, and once when the scope was removed to thread the muzzle.

View attachment 580321

A bit of heat to the screw heads and they came loose without much fuss.

View attachment 580308

Cleaned the action, UM rings and screws with break cleaner. They didn’t really need it as UM is degreasing them before shipping (finally someone listens)-
View attachment 580313

Mounted up.
View attachment 580314

Boresight, 2 shots, adjust, 3 shots in the dot, drop 14 times on both sides, shoot 3 more shots (left dot). Then some more drops, then check on right dot.
View attachment 580315

That’s 20’ish drops from 3 feet high, in a 1 moa or so group. The rings work.

Of note, I tapped the recoil pin into the front threaded screw hole in the action. It was not a super tight fit, and when removing there is no sign of damage at all to the action threads. This is not UM approved, this is me.
View attachment 580316

Remounted the prior scope and rings, shot two, adjusted left .3 mils, then shot these 5-
View attachment 580318

This is 12 rounds with 20 plus drops, two different types of ammo and two different scopes and rings into about 1 MOA, with a barrel that is closing in on 20,000 rounds and has never had so much as a patch put through it.

View attachment 580319
That’s already more “drops” than most rifles will see in their lifetime if people are being honest about it.

Quite reassuring that the rings pins aren’t a weak point.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone know what the current backorder lead time is on the 30mm Low rings?

Pretty sure it’s 2 weeks

Damnit Ryan 🤣🤣

We just ordered the material, and will start making them this next week. Probably two weeks to machine, and 1.5 weeks at anodize. We did have a few overage from the first batch. Which we will get to UM tomorrow. We’re running a larger number to make sure they stay in stock.

I think Ryan was the only one that thought they would sell like they are. We will adjust quantities and keep them in stock.

SRS / Ken

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Damnit Ryan 🤣🤣

We just ordered the material, and will start making them this next week. Probably two weeks to machine, and 1.5 weeks at anodize. We did have a few overage from the first batch. Which we will get to UM tomorrow. We’re running a larger number to make sure they stay in stock.

I think Ryan was the only one that thought they would sell like they are. We will adjust quantities and keep them in stock.

SRS / Ken
So… about two weeks! 🤣🤣🤣

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Edit: rings showed up and look awesome! Just in time to mount for the weekend range trip.

Last edited:
Got my rings mounted up.
Bravo stock. 10X SWFA.
Went with the medium height, from other treads it sounded like the lows are on the line to use with the bravo stock. I think I could have went with lows though.
b3a6d517e8a3f9de2d99140ee210f1d1.jpg

26ee204a1666b5d08f6e74134c3b7425.jpg

091b238d301d82b11c72612c645b45d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Got my rings mounted up.
Bravo stock. 10X SWFA.
Went with the medium height, from other treads it sounded like the lows are on the line to use with the bravo stock. I think I could have went with lows though.
b3a6d517e8a3f9de2d99140ee210f1d1.jpg

26ee204a1666b5d08f6e74134c3b7425.jpg

091b238d301d82b11c72612c645b45d8.jpg

The lows sit slightly higher the the sportsmatch to84 which we’re a bit low on the bravo so I think the UM lows would work for most on the bravo

OP
Unknown Munitions

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They weren't in the original purchase price so I'd be happy to pay for added pins afterwards if I end up wanting to use them. A code for a cheaper shipping option for just the pins would be appreciated though vs the $15 flat rate.
Definitely, thank you for the feedback!

Rob5589

WKR
Got mine mounted up with the Credo 2.5-15x42. The rings are very nicely machined and anodized. Much more stout than the Talleys they replaced. Bolts/bores were clean as Form had shown earlier. I used a single recoil pin in the rear ring as the front wouldn't work for my set up. The pin fit perfectly in the hole of the receiver. Plenty of clearance as shown. The level was just too small for me to see with my poor vision. I wear glasses but don't shoot with them on. Couldn't really see it with them on either.
PXL_20230728_172011250.MP.jpg
PXL_20230728_172019054.MP.jpg

These are a very nice ring, shoulda bought a second set for my other T3 at the intro price. Oh well.

Last edited:
Setting up a 243 , Is there a benefit going to these over Sportsmatch or just another option on the market ? There is a $60 difference between the two , is it worth while ? I have a set of Sportsmatch but these interest me.

Gorp2007

WKR
Setting up a 243 , Is there a benefit going to these over Sportsmatch or just another option on the market ? There is a $60 difference between the two , is it worth while i have a set of Sportsmatch but these interest me.

I’m not going to replace my TO84s, but I’ll buy the UM in the future. For me the advantages are 1) more adjustability for ring spacing 2) made in the USA 3) supporting a business that supports my interests and 4) availability outside of obscure air gun shops or international shipping.

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Setting up a 243 , Is there a benefit going to these over Sportsmatch or just another option on the market ? There is a $60 difference between the two , is it worth while ? I have a set of Sportsmatch but these interest me.
100% buy the UM rings vs Sportsmatch T084s for ALL of the reasons stated above. Worth the few extra bucks!

willidru

WKR
Found a set in stock ordered and already have in had. No discount but about to go on my sons rifle this weekend.

Lawnboi

WKR
Hope you guys keep these stocked. Only reason I havnt purchased a set is because I don’t know what scope I’m going to end up with when I can finally justify another.