UM TIKKA Scope Rings

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Everything I’ve ever prefer from um had tracking so I don’t see why these wouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got an email when my regular ones shipped, with tracking. They came super quick, but then again, I'm just a state over.

atmat

WKR
Everything I’ve ever prefer from um had tracking so I don’t see why these wouldn’t
Just wasn’t sure since I assumed a ton were ordered in pre-order. I’ve done some pre-order and back-order for other companies where tracking gets missed.

TxLite

WKR
Just got notice that these shipped! No tracking number that I can see on the email, but it’s in my Orders page on the UM website. Excited to get these!
Nice. Mine are showing on hold. Looking forward to them

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Who did the nitride on the action? That is something I’ve looked into bit but not many people offer the service it seems.
Jake told me the name, but I have a two-second memory. He said he might start offering it as a service. You have to pay a tub fee or something like that. You need a lot of things to nitride or it's very expensive.

TxLite

WKR
Jake told me the name, but I have a two-second memory. He said he might start offering it as a service. You have to pay a tub fee or something like that. You need a lot of things to nitride or it's very expensive.
This is a thing I would be interested in hearing/learning more about. I’d looked into it previously but it seemed there was some concern with warping when heat is applied to the action.

amassi

WKR

I would sign up for a group dip if he needs the parts to justify the cost

amassi

WKR
This is a thing I would be interested in hearing/learning more about. I’d looked into it previously but it seemed there was some concern with warping when heat is applied to the action.

I’ve had factory nitrided parts on a couple custom builds that never showed any issues from heat, I had to heat one barrel to break the threads loose and the action was fine

willidru

WKR
I have a tikka with a 20 MOA Pic rail on top with the new UM rings would it make sense to take rail off and use tikka specific rings? Or leave rail and use UM rings for pic rail? Would save a couple ounces taking rail off and I don't need the height. Just never found rings that I loved which were tikka specific.