TRT Anyone?

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I am going through a urologist after my cardiologist had me tested. With the Cardiologist I was at 235 I think it was. The Urologist had me tested 2x and I was 168 and 254. I am on 100mg Test E a week and am supposed to get my first follow up blood test next week but he told me we should be looking at getting me into the at least 700-800 range.
I'm hoovering around 950 and I am a very happy man, compared to when I was around 350-400.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I was on TRT, my levels were still below normal, but i was very screwed up. Ended up in the hospital with a cardiac event. Weened myself off and lost weight and excised now all is great. Proceed with caution, the data on cardiac events associated with TRT are not good. Maybe great for some, but that doesn’t mean it’s good for you.

Ron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I was on TRT, my levels were still below normal, but i was very screwed up. Ended up in the hospital with a cardiac event. Weened myself off and lost weight and excised now all is great. Proceed with caution, the data on cardiac events associated with TRT are not good. Maybe great for some, but that doesn’t mean it’s good for you.

Ron

?

Ron

Ron -I had a widow maker heart attacks at 43 years old just months after winning my age division at the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Pan Ams. I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery and because I was in such good shape I had no damage.

My cardiologist who is the head of cardiology at my local hospital sent me to the Urologist after finding me to to have extremely low test levels. He read the data that was out there and I have read what I have been able to find to know what I may be getting into and what he told me is if you take high dosage to be above the high normal or start in your mid sixties there is. Statistical evidence that you could be at risk for cardiac issues. At normal to high normal he said there is low probability as well as it actually reducing other issues like high blood sugar and reducing fat over time which he felt have higher risk of a cardiac event than taking the Test.

Curious what were your before and after levels, how old you were at the time, and what was your dosage? Also anything else you feel is pertinent since I don’t want to have additional issues.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for you guys, got my blood work back and I am 418 total and 7.8 free.

But my IGF-1 was low and under range at 114. The suggestion was to do Sommorelin peptide treatment with the TRT protocol. I haven't seen IGF-1 discussed that much with my research on TRT, so just wondering what the take on that is for the group here?

Drew_CA

FNG
I haven’t read every reply on this thread but I may be the winner or you could also say loser with the lowest total testosterone level here at 25 L. I’m a 41 year old testicular cancer survivor with one remaining ball which might as well not be there and I’m pretty sure my T has been low my entire life but my levels were not confirmed until my early 30’s which I was in the high 100’s L total T. I felt like crap back then but now I might as well be a corpse when it comes to my energy level. I have been on TRT before and just going from the 100’s to the upper 300’s in total T felt awesome but I haven’t received TRT for over 4 years after losing my health insurance. I am on medi-cal now and after 6 months of fighting through the insurance referral and approval hell I am finally seeing a endocrinologist on March 2nd and I really can’t wait to feel normal again. There is no way a Doctor could deny TRT for someone in there early 40’s with a total T level as low as mine which might as well be at 0.

So after being on TRT since last fall I now have high Hematorcrit, High RBC, Elevated WBC. High Hemoglobin and Hypertension.

By many people's idea I was never on a high dosage. My Urologist started me off with 75mg a week and was given my first months worth for free while they worked it out with my insurance company about covering it. When I went to renew it at the pharmacy they told me insurance didn't cover it and it was going to cost over $500 out of pocket. I called the doctor and Xyosted gave me another month free after talking with the rep I asked when I would start to feel better because I still felt like crap.. He said he wasn't a doctor and called mine who increased the dosage to 100mg a week. Fast forward a few months until my first follow up blood test and my test had risen from 168 to 554 and I was feeling better but not great. Then I saw my other levels and was concerned about them since I had a Widowmaker Heart attack at 43 just months after winning the over 40 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Pan Ams. My blood pressure was still my normal 120/80. He lowered the test back to 75mg and on my next blood test my testosterone had dropped from the 550 down to 330. I still felt ok but then my other levels were still elevated and at that time I had my regular check up with my cardiologist and my BP was now 201/104! That was higher than the day I had my heart attack. He told me to go off the testosterone and prescribed blood pressure meds. In the 2 weeks since stopping I am feeling more tired and my BP is still in the hypertension realm but I feel better over all. Yesterday my BP was 145/ 91. Moving in the right direction but still way to high.

Make sure you get tested regularly if you are contemplating going on TRT. My experience is that it was both expensive and the cons far outweighed the pros since while I felt physically better than before going on it I can't say it was a significant improvement and now I may have long lasting negative effects from it!

Last edited:

BadDogPSD

WKR
So after being on TRT since last fall I now have high Hematorcrit, High RBC, Elevated WBC. High Hemoglobin and Hypertension.

By many people's idea I was never on a high dosage. My Urologist started me off with 75mg a week and was given my first months worth for free while they worked it out with my insurance company about covering it. When I went to renew it at the pharmacy they told me insurance didn't cover it and it was going to cost over $500 out of pocket. I called the doctor and Xyosted gave me another month free after talking with the rep I asked when I would start to feel better because I still felt like crap.. He said he wasn't a doctor and called mine who increased the dosage to 100mg a week. Fast forward a few months until my first follow up blood test and my test had risen from 168 to 554 and I was feeling better but not great. Then I saw my other levels and was concerned about them since I had a Widowmaker Heart attack at 43 just months after winning the over 40 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Pan Ams. My blood pressure was still my normal 120/80. He lowered the test back to 75mg and on my next blood test my testosterone had dropped from the 550 down to 330. I still felt ok but then my other levels were still elevated and at that time I had my regular check up with my cardiologist and my BP was now 201/104! That was higher than the day I had my heart attack. He told me to go off the testosterone and prescribed blood pressure meds. In the 2 weeks since stopping I am feeling more tired and my BP is still in the hypertension realm but I feel better over all. Yesterday my BP was 145/ 91. Moving in the right direction but still way to high.

Make sure you get tested regularly if you are contemplating going on TRT. My experience is that it was both expensive and the cons far outweighed the pros since while I felt physically better than before going on it I can't say it was a significant improvement and now I may have long lasting negative effects from it!
My experience with TRT was very similar. I was able to mitigate the side effects somewhat by donating whole blood every 8 weeks. I had to stop TRT in advance of joint replacement surgery at the end of last year and so far, have opted not to restart.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I have had chronic hypertension most of my adult life, and in fact it had gone unchecked so long that I’ve now been diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm. I broached this subject with my cardiologist several years ago and he IMMEDIATELY told me not to even consider it. I’ve been on a really strict healthy diet and exercise plan now for a few years. I stopped drinking two years ago, the only meat I eat is from the animals I kill, and I don’t eat processed foods or sugars. I feel better now than I did in my 20s, my blood pressure is normal without medication, I have tons of energy, and just feel alive. I’m 47 and my plan is to be in better shape at 50 than I was at 25.
As much of a draw the idea of trt is, especially thinking about workout gains and things like that, I consistently hear stories like above, and multiple cardiologists have told me, for me, it’s not recommended. So I will stick to the natural path and hope that my body does not betray me, at least for another couple decades or more!

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Has anyone tried the cream's?
I think 1 of the Gritty bowmen crew does rhat, they had mentioned it in a podcast. Although, it may have been the other type where they cut a little nick in your rearend and put the TRT in there, and it stays for 3-4 months.
A lot of people really don't like the injections it would seem.

Poser

WKR
Has anyone tried the cream's?

Heard that it’s problematic because it will get on your clothes, the dog, your woman and your kids. None of which is desirable.

I have heard that the cream you out directly on your (shaved) balls works better.

I have had chronic hypertension most of my adult life, and in fact it had gone unchecked so long that I’ve now been diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm. I broached this subject with my cardiologist several years ago and he IMMEDIATELY told me not to even consider it. I’ve been on a really strict healthy diet and exercise plan now for a few years. I stopped drinking two years ago, the only meat I eat is from the animals I kill, and I don’t eat processed foods or sugars. I feel better now than I did in my 20s, my blood pressure is normal without medication, I have tons of energy, and just feel alive. I’m 47 and my plan is to be in better shape at 50 than I was at 25.
As much of a draw the idea of trt is, especially thinking about workout gains and things like that, I consistently hear stories like above, and multiple cardiologists have told me, for me, it’s not recommended. So I will stick to the natural path and hope that my body does not betray me, at least for another couple decades or more!

I was competing at a high level before the heart attack. The doctor who put the stent in me said when I won the Pan Ams I probably had at least a 95% blockage of the LAD artery. I have always been an athlete and carry a lot of muscle naturally. I have never lifted seriously in my life but in HS and College could squat 550 for 4-6 reps. I have no idea what my max was.

After the heart attack I wasn’t allowed to go back to BJJ for 4 years and when I went back between the statins and the beta blockers I was on at the time they enhanced the soreness and I wouldn’t recover properly. After 3 months I have it up and miss it daily. I started riding my road and mountain bike a lot. Then in 2015 I fell through steps about 2/3 the way up to the next floor which made old bulging discs in my neck and lumbar from college football much worse. I gained a ton of weight because now I was in PT for 10 months, got an epidural and nearly cried just walking the dogs around the block. After the epidural I was able to work out some but was told no BJJ or bike riding. My two passions in life. I started a basic kettlebell workout and rucking. I got in good enough shape to do a DIY elk hunt in 2019. Hiked 5-8 miles a day and nearly got it done in a hell hole where it’s was almost 1000 ft vertical down into the drainage and the same up the other side in 1/3 mile. I got my heart rate to 196 on that climb. It hadn’t been that high since the heart attack.

Unfortunately I have been in and out of PT due to the construction accident because if I did something just right I would lose all strength in my left arm where I couldn’t even lift a gallon of milk for a couple of months. I aggravated this at the beginning of the pandemic and the PT’s wouldn’t see me unless it was for a car accident or prescribed after surgery. I went from 245-295 in 2020 and was working my way back into shape. At this time my cardiologist did a blood test and added testosterone for the first time. My level was super low and he sent me to the urologist who confirmed I was abnormally low.

Also at this time I had the Moderna shots. The day before the second shot my resting HR was 53 and I was the lightest I had been in 6 years and the best shape since the heart attack. The day after the second shot I had heart palpitations, fever so bad I had to change my clothes in the middle of the night. The same thing happened the second night and felt like I had the flu. The third day a Monday I woke up feeling ok and tried to do a peloton workout. I couldn’t make 5 minutes. I lost all of my fitness in two days. This feeling was for two weeks so I called my doctor and they wanted a covid test before I came in. I went to CVS and there was a doctor there and she told me I didn’t have it. But when she asked me why I was having it. I told her and she said it sounded like I was getting the heart issues the kids were and to see my cardiologist. That was another week before I could see him and when I saw him the palpitations and other flu like symptoms has cleared up. I still had no fitness and my resting HR went from the mid 50’s to the mid 70’s. Still normal but it was a parabolic move.

After the urologist had me tested 3 x he put me on the testosterone and the rest was in my last post. It’s been quite the time the last few years.

I've been on cream now for 2 years. Right to the sack. A Non Issue.

But the Blood Pressure....WOW! I never paid attention to the Silent Killer. Wasnt anywhere on my RADAR. I've been on TRT almost 5 years maybe with a 9 month break. My blood pressure now is STUPID. Like daily was 150/100. Was never an issue 5 years ago. Really upsets me. Now on BP meds.

My sleep is shit on TRT. In my 9 month break I could fall asleep in seconds. Did not fidget or snore excessively. Now my sleep is terrible. Get maybe 12-18 minutes of Deep Sleep per the Garmin nightly.

Not sure anyone is gonna care how many times I can rep 300lbs at 51 when I am dead......

Wish there was a better way. I think my HRT Dr is competent. But I think he makes a killing selling Gainz to old fux like me too.

Last edited:
OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I've been on cream now for 2 years. Right to the sack. A Non Issue.

But the Blood Pressure....WOW! I never paid attention to the Silent Killer. Wasnt anywhere on my RADAR. I've been on TRT almost 5 years maybe with a 9 month break. My blood pressure now is STUPID. Like daily was 150/100. Was never an issue 5 years ago. Really upsets me. Now on BP meds.

My sleep is shit on TRT. In my 9 month break I could fall asleep in seconds. Did not fidget or snore excessively. Now my sleep is terrible. Get maybe 12-18 minutes of Deep Sleep per the Garmin nightly.

Not sure anyone is gonna care how many times I can rep 300lbs at 51 when I am dead......

Wish there was a better way. I think my HRT Dr is competent. But I think he makes a killing selling Gainz to old fux like me too.
What else did you change? Diet? Daily routine? Ect.
Don't see how trt could mess with your sleep unless you had wood all night

Titan_Bow

WKR
What else did you change? Diet? Daily routine? Ect.
Don't see how trt could mess with your sleep unless you had wood all night

It’s possible that high blood pressure caused the lack of sleep. I know when my BP was up in those really high ranges, I did not sleep well. If you Google hypertension impacts on sleep, there are lots of articles about the possible connection between BP and insomnia and lack of sleep.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
It’s possible that high blood pressure caused the lack of sleep. I know when my BP was up in those really high ranges, I did not sleep well. If you Google hypertension impacts on sleep, there are lots of articles about the possible connection between BP and insomnia and lack of sleep.

Ohh, fair enough.