TRT Anyone?

UWneptune308

Lil-Rokslider
About to get my levels checked. They feel incredibly low. I’ve cycled test 3 or so times and always followed a strict pct so it may just be my age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been working with my healthcare providers for a few years now to get my levels up without TRT. (most providers don't understand or want to prescribe TRT and the endocrinologists I've been referred to mostly work with diabetic patients who are elderly). Lifestyle changes I've made that have improved it and kept it higher than three years ago: sleep, consistent strength training, not using plastics to store food in, not using body washes, cutting out alcohol, cutting out hormone-treated meats, high supplementation of zinc, vitamin D, and magnesium. I'm definitely in the lower "normal" range and still not ideal for what I feel like/how my body recovers from workouts but noticeable improvement. I've been from 280-520 ngl. average is low 400s.

Wrench

WKR
For you guys that are doing this, what were/are your symptoms? At 45 it's certainly not as easy to muster energy. My weight is definitely not as quick to drop. I've always figured test was mainly sex drive measured.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
For you guys that are doing this, what were/are your symptoms? At 45 it's certainly not as easy to muster energy. My weight is definitely not as quick to drop. I've always figured test was mainly sex drive measured.
Low energy, always tired, lack of motivation, hard to gain muscle or keep weight off, sex drive is only a part of it.

ssliger

WKR
I’ve been on TRT therapy for a little over 3 years now. Levels prior was 150-250. Levels currently right around 600. Weight loss was definitely helped. Prior to TRT I was 280-330lbs and would work out and diet. The lowest I could get was 270lbs. Then after the TRT and same workout and diet I’m around 215lbs plus or minus 10. The main reason I started was my moods. I was getting angry all the time, for no reason. I’d get home from work and just be pissed and ended up taking it out on my family. I spoke with my provider and decided to try TRT. I’m a believer.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I’ve been on TRT therapy for a little over 3 years now. Levels prior was 150-250. Levels currently right around 600. Weight loss was definitely helped. Prior to TRT I was 280-330lbs and would work out and diet. The lowest I could get was 270lbs. Then after the TRT and same workout and diet I’m around 215lbs plus or minus 10. The main reason I started was my moods. I was getting angry all the time, for no reason. I’d get home from work and just be pissed and ended up taking it out on my family. I spoke with my provider and decided to try TRT. I’m a believer.

Very similiar to what I'm dealing with, among other reasons. If you don't mind, is that covered under insurance generally, and are you self injecting? What's the dosage?

ssliger

WKR
Very similiar to what I'm dealing with, among other reasons. If you don't mind, is that covered under insurance generally, and are you self injecting? What's the dosage?

I’ve got BCBS and they cover if your nurse is good at getting auths. My provider retired and my new providers nurse hasn’t been able to get an authorization. It costs me around $40/month, but with the good rx coupon I can get it for under $20/month. Most providers have you inject inter muscular once or twice per month. My provider had better results with inter-dermal. So I inject .25 ml twice per week with a allergy syringe. I’ve had no side effects since I’ve started.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
I’ve got BCBS and they cover if your nurse is good at getting auths. My provider retired and my new providers nurse hasn’t been able to get an authorization. It costs me around $40/month, but with the good rx coupon I can get it for under $20/month. Most providers have you inject inter muscular once or twice per month. My provider had better results with inter-dermal. So I inject .25 ml twice per week with a allergy syringe. I’ve had no side effects since I’ve started.

Injecting isn't an issue for me, I was just curious. That's very affordable. Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm going in for a blood test soon and wanted some info on the subject beforr speaking to my dr. I'm very certain my levels crashed.

gelton

WKR
I am doing TRT, can't recall my testosterone levels but they were slightly higher than what insurance would cover so I pay straight up. I inject intermuscular with .50 of Testosterone Cypionate twice weekly. I originally thought it might help with weight control and so far my experience has been exactly the opposite - 6ft 236 # to 6 ft 250 #. FWIW - I am 90 days in.

Overall feel great and my cholesterol is down and bloodwork shows that things are improving just hoping that the physical changes will show up sooner rather than later. IME it's a marathon, not a sprint. And I have never had a problem gaining mass while working out.

Aluminum Rain

Lil-Rokslider
My pre TRT levels were 150 to 250. I inject 1 ml of testosterone cypionate every 14 days. Ssliger's comments were spot on, especially the grumpiness/anger. My weight still goes up and down depending on how close it is to elk season. You may also want to get your thyroid levels checked. My hypo thyroidism also contributed to the problems. The other comment about doctors and endocrinologists not understanding TRT very well is also true. Search hard for a good doc, it matters. Many freak out if you are over 700 to 800 on TRT, but some people need to be at 900 to 1000 to feel good. I encourage all my younger friends to get tested in their late 30s to establish a baseline. I wish i would've known what my T levels were back then to guide me now.

My pre TRT levels were 150 to 250. I inject 1 ml of testosterone cypionate every 14 days. Ssliger's comments were spot on, especially the grumpiness/anger. My weight still goes up and down depending on how close it is to elk season. You may also want to get your thyroid levels checked. My hypo thyroidism also contributed to the problems. The other comment about doctors and endocrinologists not understanding TRT very well is also true. Search hard for a good doc, it matters. Many freak out if you are over 700 to 800 on TRT, but some people need to be at 900 to 1000 to feel good. I encourage all my younger friends to get tested in their late 30s to establish a baseline. I wish i would've known what my T levels were back then to guide me now.
Definitely. I was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism and low "normal" range for testosterone. Its a catch 22... doctor's will look at ranges for what's normal (established ranges from more than 30 years ago of an age group that's 25-80, which is completely absurd given current lifestyles, diets, and exposure to radiation/chemicals like never before) then expect you to drop fat so your body will naturally produce more testosterone but your body is actively working against shedding fat, constant fatigue, brain fog, motivation/drive and irritability. I'm considering get peak for TRT but would like to find alternative providers to keep cost down and if possible do treatment with a subcutaneous testosterone pellet.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Definitely. I was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism and low "normal" range for testosterone. Its a catch 22... doctor's will look at ranges for what's normal (established ranges from more than 30 years ago of an age group that's 25-80, which is completely absurd given current lifestyles, diets, and exposure to radiation/chemicals like never before) then expect you to drop fat so your body will naturally produce more testosterone but your body is actively working against shedding fat, constant fatigue, brain fog, motivation/drive and irritability. I'm considering get peak for TRT but would like to find alternative providers to keep cost down and if possible do treatment with a subcutaneous testosterone pellet.
Yeah my last dr was a little uhm... "Old school" on the TRT thing so I'm looking for a new 1. I'm pretty much certain 100% my T levels are way too low, especially for my age.

Wrench

WKR
Hypothyroid....my numbers said I was good, but my skin was super dry, I was always cold and my focus could drift easier.

I had a family history of thyroid issue but my blood work said I'm fine. I mentioned this on a thread on the campfire and someone reached out to me that had similar issues and had success by taking supplements.

I tried taking blackstrap molasses with iron, kelp and selenium.

My body temp is up 4 degrees (I have to scan 2x daily for work) my skin isn't dry and I generally feel better. Best part is it cost me about 4 bux a month.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
For the folks on TRT, did your dr mention possible side effects, long term effects ect?

How often do you get your T levels checked once you're on TRT?

big44a4

WKR
I’m coming up on a year. Was 307/13 before I started. I’ve been working out 5-6+ days a week for 13 years. Some days lifting weights twice as I was a collegiate athlete. Not counting practices either. In great shape but didn’t feel myself. For me it was mainly energy/mood. Had zero to do with sex drive. Could drink 600mg caffeine or zero and felt the same. Sleep didn’t help any either. Now I don’t drink any caffeine if I don’t want to. I like the flavor is why I drink some drinks but mostly keep it around 80-200mg a day (which is 1-2 cups of coffee). Once you get going you won’t feel the effects as much as it will feel normal.

I encourage everyone to get checked as soon as they are 25 so they can know where they stand. Big impact in quality of life for me.

Marble

WKR
Mine was 61. 38 years old and post cancer treatment.

I now use .75 to 1 ML one time a week IM. My levels have stayed fairly consistent in the mid 500s.

My weight went from 205 to 215. But I lost fat and gained muscle. I now wear XL shirts.

Only negative side effect for me long term is more body hair.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk