The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
This made me chuckle. What the hell is it about all the toilet paper everyone’s buying now? I can’t say that I’ve seen the shelves being empty around here, I haven’t been shopping in a couple weeks, but man, it’s all over the news showing people coming out of Walmart and Cosco, loaded up with rolls of toilet paper.

I’m thinking I should’ve bought stock in Charmin, but it looks like I missed out on that opportunity as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3m, Costco few others stocks were soaring last I looked. Too late now

SoDaky

WKR
Indeed,too late possibly on some but my broker just faxed me a list of companies projected to run full out,24/7 for the next year. Full year.
$$ to be made.

4ester

WKR
Oil and Gas companies won’t last long at these barrel prices. Hoping that Russia shoots a rocket over into Saudi and then we make $$.

Haha, I know! Mine was a joke.

I would understand if all the rice and beans was sold out but TP? I don't think diarrhea is even a symptom...

Yup, exactly what I was thinking. They just declared Alaska under state of emergency yet they’re saying that there hasn’t been a single confirmed coronavirus case as of yet.I think I’ll head down to the store and pick up a couple bottles of bourbon as it seems like that’s usually the first thing to be cleared off the shelves up here.

Okhotnik

WKR
Oil and Gas companies won’t last long at these barrel prices. Hoping that Russia shoots a rocket over into Saudi and then we make $$.

Picked up CLR and Exxon last week .

Looking at Boeing and Alaskan airlines

Ford and Foxxconn?

jfs82

WKR
Yup, exactly what I was thinking. They just declared Alaska under state of emergency yet they’re saying that there hasn’t been a single confirmed coronavirus case as of yet.I think I’ll head down to the store and pick up a couple bottles of bourbon as it seems like that’s usually the first thing to be cleared off the shelves up here.

For 'disinfecting' purposes right?

EastMT

WKR
339f2635a17adc171aa1e57dd5f50734.jpg

This is down town Seattle at lunch time. No way that’s not going to screw up the economy. Uff da.

What happens when Wall Street looks like this during work hours?

339f2635a17adc171aa1e57dd5f50734.jpg

This is down town Seattle at lunch time. No way that’s not going to screw up the economy. Uff da.

What happens when Wall Street looks like this during work hours?

Those people are still working, they're just doing it from home. South Lake Union is Amazon, Facebook, etc. My office is in Kirkland, WA and I haven't been there in 2 weeks yet I've been getting more done at home even with the occasional Rokslide distraction. Lol. Welcome to 2020.

Those people are still working, they're just doing it from home. South Lake Union is Amazon, Facebook, etc. My office is in Kirkland, WA and I haven't been there in 2 weeks yet I've been getting more done at home even with the occasional Rokslide distraction. Lol. Welcome to 2020.
Will be interesting to see if companies see a trend in employees getting more done at home and allow more remote working in the future. I know there has been a push for this arrangement.

EastMT

WKR
Oh yeah the big guys are still going, just all the lunch places, coffee shops, etc have got to be hurting, or will be soon

Trial153

WKR
Rumblings about increasingly less confidence in the administration has me worried. I am now sitting on more cash then I have in last 10 years with no plans to change that anytime soon.

This is probably a great buying opportunity. That being said, if you are sitting at the poker table wondering who the "Mark" is - - - - IT'S YOU!

Will be interesting to see if companies see a trend in employees getting more done at home and allow more remote working in the future. I know there has been a push for this arrangement.
The head of HR at Twitter basically said that this will likely be the catalyst for their company to be primarily telecommuting based going forward.

Bl704

WKR
Rumblings about increasingly less confidence in the administration has me worried. I am now sitting on more cash then I have in last 10 years with no plans to change that anytime soon.
Agreed, though the administration should be less a concern than Joe consumer.

As a data point. Average bear market drop is 28%...we just hit 20...that is, unless we tip into recession territory.

Sorry I just don't see the point in buying airlines or oil drilling companies yet. Companies are banning travel, Boeing still hasn't gotten the max flying, drilling will be idle till oil rebounds (well above the 30s).

Oh yeah the big guys are still going, just all the lunch places, coffee shops, etc have got to be hurting, or will be soon
The restaurants and bars are starting to hurt, yes. Waiters and such have already started to get laid off at quite a few places in the city.

Trial153

WKR
Agreed, though the administration should be less a concern than Joe consumer.

As a data point. Average bear market drop is 28%...we just hit 20...that is, unless we tip into recession territory.

Sorry I just don't see the point in buying airlines or oil drilling companies yet. Companies are banning travel, Boeing still hasn't gotten the max flying, drilling will be idle till oil rebounds (well above the 30s).

I wouldn’t buy Boeing with your money.......

Last edited: