The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Trial153

WKR
What does it mean to hit the circuit breakers?

Our exchanges have three circuit breakers. They trip at 7, 13 and 20% ....if we reach a drop in the market they close the market for a prescribed time.

tdhanses

WKR
Our exchanges have three circuit breakers. They trip at 7, 13 and 20% ....if we reach a drop in the market they close the market for a prescribed time.

My bet, this and possibly next week will suck but the market will rebound quick.

KurtR

WKR

I see. So it is put in place to hopefully keep it from really going out the bottom

ODB

WKR
My bet, this and possibly next week will suck but the market will rebound quick.

I think it will too. The drop was precipitated by fears due to a health scare. Once that settles, confidence will build and up it goes.
This drop is also convenient because it allows what could have been a pure economic drop to be wrapped in a fear/scare drop - in other words, the correction people were expecting was hastened by the virus, and the virus took the blame versus the market itself being overvalued. Not a bad thing - market-wise.

Trial153

WKR

When fiscal policy meets monetary policy reality will set it. An attractive bond market, oil in that shiter, the slowing global growth, then pile on the effects of the virus....and your quick rebound might not be so quick.

If you really feel that this a blip then now the time to wade through the blood and back the truck up.....put you chips all in .

Trial153

WKR
I see. So it is put in place to hopefully keep it from really going out the bottom
Yes it to let everyone catch their breath and calm down. As the circuit gets bigger the time out does as well to a daily close..

The issue is we do so much after hours no that the market is never really closed.

Beendare

WKR
This crap makes me fell better about having 90% of my assets in RE.

Broker on CNBC said first time ever; Zero bids for the 30 year treasury.

With this kind of a hit to the credit markets....there could be many businesses that go belly up. A guy might be able to pick up one of those Cruise ships pretty cheap making a pretty good coastal bear hunting platform for you and 400 of your closest friends.

Time to evaluate the oil companies to see who has their production hedged....

_____

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
So nobody can say the market is always over valued and it's never a good time to get in. You see this happen from time to time.

I'm like a kid in a candy store. Enjoy the ride.

I had liquidated a bunch of positions on Friday in my IRA. This morning I bought back in to

BABA
AAPL
BIDU
CVX
DAL
XOM
IBM
MSFT
OXY
VZ

My time horizon on the IRA is 29 years, so I feel just fine about these positions.

My brokerage account on the other hand is 100% in ICSH.

Whisky

WKR
There’s now an 80% probability that they will cut rates by 75 basis points at their next meeting

Do you know when that meeting is? I have started the paperwork to refi but haven't locked anything in yet.

Broomd

WKR
I bought today.
HAL
GE
AA
AFLYY
BAC
OXY
M

Several sectors, energy, industrial, retail, mortgage & lending... I'm expecting things to bleed out further and will buy more.
Gotta try not to worry about immediate losses! Many stocks that were $2 in '08 are trading now at $40.

Fdh

Lil-Rokslider
Oil related always going to be something in the mideast