HAL
GE
AA
AFLYY
BAC
OXY
M

Gutsy for sure^.

My initial thought on this was maybe a 10%-12% drop I WAS WRONG AND DID NOT SEE THIS COMING. The credit markets are signaling a full bore recession with many companies taking a serious hit

Hardly a sole in Heathrow airport....ouch- this will have a serious domino effect. Europe could get hit the hardest...they were already multiple shakey economies in Spain, Portugal, Italy and even France. This goes on for a month or more and the EU will be hard pressed to keep those boats afloat. This will have a systemic effect upsetting the rest of the worlds apple cart.

Some oil companies with high debt down almost 50% in one day- that's a blood bath.

I'm going to pull a Buffet and keep the rest of my powder dry.

___

No, No, No-I need you guys to stay optimistic and aloof for just a couple more days. Buy the dip guys!!

You probably shouldn't, I just want another round on those VIX calls ;)

Trial153

WKR
The push for a broad fiscal response is ramping up. The money is already being spent the knives are unsheathed so they don’t miss carving their pound of flesh.
While everyone is distracted with payroll tax suspension the real money will go out the back door.

this list will get longer.
https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/list

Broomd

WKR
Gutsy for sure^.
I'm going to pull a Buffet and keep the rest of my powder dry.
So.......Just a candid overview for those here dipping their toes like I am.
Today was the second highest point gain in history.

The 10K I dropped yesterday morning came in at just under 1K profit at market close today.
Full disclosure I did buy into MRO (Marathon Oil) first thing this morning, it gained 21% (!) on the day.
I also doubled down on BAC (Bank of America) and OXY (Occidental) and both killed it.

Unbelievably rare 'BUY" opportunity this month, I've been waitng on the sidelines for this since '17. Market fundamentals are solid as a rock, the virus and oil war will wane.

Last edited:

OXN939

WKR
Unbelievably rare 'BUY" opportunity this month, I've been waitng on the sidelines for this since '17. Market fundamentals are solid as a rock, the virus and oil war will wane.

Yep. Picked up some CVX today. For those of you buying with apps, which do you prefer? Been going old school and using a broker

So.......Just a candid overview for those here dipping thier toes like I am.

The 10K I dropped yesterday morning came in at just under 1K profit at market close today.
Full disclosure I did buy into MRO (Marathon Oil) first thing this morning, it gained 10% on the day.
I also doubled down on BAC (Bank of America) and OXY (Occidental) and both killed it.

Not sure if you saw OXY cut their dividend by 86% today and the exchange halted trading on it for a little while as the news was pending. You timed it alot better than me yesterday....my cost basis is $16.60/share, but I didn't buy it to day trade. Oil will come roaring back one of these days....I see OXY either holding it's own, or possibly being acquired by CVX or XOM at some point as they all own acreage in the Permian basin.

So.......Just a candid overview for those here dipping thier toes like I am.

Full disclosure I did buy into MRO (Marathon Oil) first thing this morning, it gained 21% (!) on the day.

The biggest point gain thing is worthless and misleading. There will always be a bigger point gain and point loss because of inflation. The stat you are looking for is the percent gain. In that context..it was impressive but no where near a record.

Broomd

WKR
Not sure if you saw OXY cut their dividend by 86% today and the exchange halted trading on it for a little while as the news was pending. You timed it alot better than me yesterday....my cost basis is $16.60/share, but I didn't buy it to day trade. Oil will come roaring back one of these days....I see OXY either holding it's own, or possibly being acquired by CVX or XOM at some point as they all own acreage in the Permian basin.
Yep, I did see that.

I was eyeballing market losers from Friday's bloodbath and almost bought in late Sunday for the opener Monday, but saw the pending dividend announcement and decided it more prudent to wait given the Russia and Saudi bullsh!t.
Once I saw that the market wasn't going to punt it due to the dividend reduction today, I suspected it was all upside.
I guessed right and bought a few hundred shares at 3.87....honestly that's the gist of it.

I'm in for the longer haul with it (6-12 months) I think that stock could triple in price.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I guessed right and bought a few hundred shares at 3.87....honestly that's the gist of it.

A few hundred shares of what at $3.87? OXY is way above that.

Everyone needs to go into panic mode here and sell everything........everything. This just doesn't have the feel of a bottom yet.........let's force it and make it happen so we can get on with this bull market.

Broomd

WKR
A few hundred shares of what at $3.87? OXY is way above that.

Everyone needs to go into panic mode here and sell everything........everything. This just doesn't have the feel of a bottom yet.........let's force it and make it happen so we can get on with this bull market.
Mea culpa....

I should have said I bought OXY at 17.32 yesterday and then again at 13.37 this morning on the drop after the dividend announcement. I bought MRO at 3.87.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm glad I sold a couple things yesterday that were still above where I bought them, like Twitter. I've already put in buy limit orders well below current levels for some of the stuff I want to buy back eventually......like Boeing.

Next leg down is knocking at the door...I think probably tomorrow. One more resistance level at 2018 lows and then free fall if it gets past that.

The last thing I was worried about from a short position was a stimulus announcement, took it on the nose yesterday but stuck with it. Unfortunately, the expectation on stimulus is mostly priced in at this point. I see alot of bad news coming of coronavirus and no good news short of a cure.

Loaded on Dow mini 220 puts for april 17th. Looking for a 3-10x return

EastMT

WKR
Is it gonna hit 7% breaker? Close......

690 new 52 week lows today. Another 10% I’ll start thinking about jumping back in. Getting closer, these opportunities only come along about every 7-10 years. Ready to jump

Last edited:

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m buying some more today but not firing all my bullets quite yet. If oil normalizes, a stimulus is announced, and/or some good news comes out about this virus we are going to see a big rebound. If it drops some more I’ll try to grab some more but if you told me six months ago I could have bough what I have the last couple weeks I would have taken that all day long.

What am I buying?

Ammo, spam, tinfoil, and TP.

This made me chuckle. What the hell is it about all the toilet paper everyone’s buying now? I can’t say that I’ve seen the shelves being empty around here, I haven’t been shopping in a couple weeks, but man, it’s all over the news showing people coming out of Walmart and Cosco, loaded up with rolls of toilet paper.

I’m thinking I should’ve bought stock in Charmin, but it looks like I missed out on that opportunity as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR
I'm glad I sold a couple things yesterday that were still above where I bought them, like Twitter. I've already put in buy limit orders well below current levels for some of the stuff I want to buy back eventually......like Boeing.
I didn't and I don't plan to.
I actually bought into some more bargains today.... OLN on a tip from another forum.

Things could and will likely get ugly with the C-19, I plan to be patient. One way or another Spring is coming and the virus won't thrive in warm weather.

This made me chuckle. What the hell is it about all the toilet paper everyone’s buying now? I can’t say that I’ve seen the shelves being empty around here, I haven’t been shopping in a couple weeks, but man, it’s all over the news showing people coming out of Walmart and Cosco, loaded up with rolls of toilet paper.

I’m thinking I should’ve bought stock in Charmin, but it looks like I missed out on that opportunity as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I know! Mine was a joke.

I would understand if all the rice and beans was sold out but TP? I don't think diarrhea is even a symptom...

Hit one of my orders today and I have buys set up for SP500 down to 2200 just in case.

If it goes lower than that then I will just know that I won't be touching that money for a long, long time lol

Last edited: