The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

There’s plenty of potential for pain left with the supply chain disruptions. After that I’m all in on the oracle of Omaha (BRK.B since I’m too poor for BRK.A). He’s holding massive cash and is going to make a killing in the recovery

Mea culpa....

I should have said I bought OXY at 17.32 yesterday and then again at 13.37 this morning on the drop after the dividend announcement. I bought MRO at 3.87.

OXY moving back up! Looks like WB and Carl Icahn's investments got alot of folks attention!

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m definitely getting a bit gunshy right now. I think I’m going to wait a few more days and see if we have another black Monday before pushing some more chips in. Either way, none of the buys I’ve made thus far have been ones I wouldn’t have been salivating over six months ago and I’m set to handle the long term here

Broomd

WKR
Keep the faith guys! I'm going to hold, I think we might see another 25% drop off.
Sh!t is real right now, once-in-a-lifetime event.
When and if we get an announcement that cases have stabilizied I'll be set for another buy. I planned on being aggressive with this market, but not stupid.

I'm more worried about elderly loved ones right now and that's the God's honest truth.

Waiting on election, regardless of who wins, assuming virus has abated.

Smaug troubles himself not as he sits on his gold after eating elk.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
You bought some SPY this morning as in you think its going up anytime soon????
You sir have a very positive outlook.

I added to my position as well this morning. And I'll do it again when/if we drop another 10-15%.

Whats your plan? Find the bottom?

Both Fed and Trump will do anything and everything from letting this country slip into a recession.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I added to my position as well this morning. And I'll do it again when/if we drop another 10-15%.

Both Fed and Trump will do anything and everything from letting this country slip into a recession.
Curious what your definition of a recession is?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

IdahoElk

WKR
Feds pumping 1.5 TRILLION into the market,if stocks don't jump to positive, RUN TO THE HILLS, it's coming down.

Last edited:

dpat

FNG

No not the bottom but i sure didnt feel this morning was close to the bottom. Im still on the sidelines for now. I have some stocks i like just waiting for things to calm down a bit.

SoDaky

WKR
Interesting sidenote.A friend in mn just bought gas for his chain of convenience stores at $1.61.

$SPY in blocks. short VIX options....carefully. I think there is more pain left but I see it bouncing back, its just a matter of when

VIX trade is gone at this point unless you want to try to time day to day. I was in that trade since mid Feb and closed out early this week. This high it may bounce around a bit and there are very high premiums
We shorted Boeing today. I got the idea last night from this. First real money I made all week.

Haha you dont need a specific stock to short, just throw a dart and you'll make money. Much like investing in the bull market that just ended. Everybody is a genius in a bull market.

S&P 500 index funds for me... not a ton of spare money to put in the market, but I'll appreciate buying at a discount for a while with what I can. 15+ years to retire, so I've got no problem riding this out... probably go through a few more cycles by then.