The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Broomd

WKR
We're in uncharted waters.
Factories closed, people sick and dying, jobs shut down. Global supply chain carnage. China manufacturing much of our medical supplies and drugs. INSANE....

I just hope everyone here stays safe and well. Screw the SLCs and Kuiu gear, hug your family, stay home and away from others, stay well.

ONLY INVEST MONEY THAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Lou Sid

FNG
What happens when people stop doing things, and everything shuts down? Nobody knows. Probably something really bad. Plus, you think people will just forget about this when things start getting better? Not a chance. Depression.....not recession.

Jd259

WKR
I doubt their ability to survive this downturn if it lasts very long. Not a lot of buyers for cars during a downturn especially expensive ones. And they’re not exactly flush with cash either to ride it out. In my opinion.
I think there going to be just fine and I think it would be a pretty wise investment, there real business isn’t cars they just use that as a platform to R&D batteries and whoever is the first to make the “perfect” battery will make a fortune... and I’m not taking about batteries for cars, batteries to store massive amounts of power for cities. They just partnered with the big blue power company in California to build the first ever “battery farm” and I personally think that’s the future right there and who ever nails it first will be filthy rich. But I do agree that musk guy is a pretty weird dude...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well that $20 oil prediction just hit. Crazy times

Ya........oil is down 64% in just a month, yet our gas and diesel prices have barely budged.

I just calculated up my accounts last night and I'm sitting at 67% cash, but I did buy some SPY yesterday. It closed up about $9 from where I bought it, so will probably put a stop in on it today.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
Talking to a Commodity trader from blackstone yesterday and they have models in place for negtive oil prices. I think he said 1 out five models are predicting it.

Bl704

WKR
They raised $2 billion in February selling off shares at $767. They got more going on then just cars but I agree, it is risky. Its definitely a gamble but the pay off makes it worth it to me if they pull through.
That's 2Q of operating exp, assuming they are still growing top line. It only take 1 key part supplier to stop (or impact) production.

Partly why other automakers are idling lines (Reduce exp) and selling off inventory (Rev) .

Talking to a Commodity trader from blackstone yesterday and they have models in place for negtive oil prices. I think he said 1 out five models are predicting it.

I read 14/barrel prediction it was 22 this morning, my company is up 23% from yesterday I almost bought 1000 shares yesterday at a 30 year low, damn....

Broomd

WKR
JNJ (and ABT) is only 20% off it's 1 year high. Lot's of better choices out there, especially considering the overall energy volatility. just mho...

I moved my 401k to a very safe option when the markets started to make a big slide. Fidelity has screwed it all up. They moved new contributions only to the secure options, called at told them everything was suppose to be moved, looked last night and it is ALL in a high risk option. I am calling them back again today to rip a new one. Any advice on how to deal with this? My understanding is that they should pay me back any money that I lost due to them not moving my money correctly. Beyond pissed!

EastMT

WKR
I moved my 401k to a very safe option when the markets started to make a big slide. Fidelity has screwed it all up. They moved new contributions only to the secure options, called at told them everything was suppose to be moved, looked last night and it is ALL in a high risk option. I am calling them back again today to rip a new one. Any advice on how to deal with this? My understanding is that they should pay me back any money that I lost due to them not moving my money correctly. Beyond pissed!

Wow, that’s rough. I don’t know what your options are there. Depends on the proof you had that you told them to move it where is what I would think.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Any advice on how to deal with this?

It depends on what proof you have. Back in 1999, I had a buy limit order on a stock and the stock traded below that limit price for several minutes and then skyrocketed. Here I was thinking I made a killing and when I went into my account I didn't have the stock. I called them and explained the timing of my order and the amount of time that stock traded below that price without filling, and I had the stock in my account the next day purchased at my limit price.

So if you have some sort of proof showing what you asked for, I would expect them to honor that.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Are we beginning to hit the bottom? I’m not a big stock guy, but flagged a few stocks of interest that I’m tracking. Mainly airlines, Starbucks, credit cards and a few others. The past few days they have corrected quite a bit. Did I miss the bottom or is this a bit in the radar?

seems like. A lot of states and cities are closing up shop. Why the rebound? Figured we’d free fall for a few more weeks....

market is staying steady due to all the federal relief money that will be flowing in. Once the government shuts down the country over the next 4-8 weeks, we'll drop to the bottom.

Time to start dollar cost averaging on the way down and back up...