The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

NDGuy

WKR
I grabbed MSFT, Apple, AMD, Boeing, Procter and Gamble, Kimberly Clark, and Visa/Mastercard today.

Going to keep adding to my positons if it goes down more.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t have a brokerage account yet I would not use Robinhood unless you’re ok with you’re investment tool being something that will crap the bed during high use times.

There is no benefit to Robinhood above the established firms like Fidelity and others. I use Fidelity, app is great, customer service is as well, no minimum to open an account, trades are free and they even have some fee free index funds.

Apollo117

WKR
Are most of you using a broker or just buying up stock through an app? if an app care to share what one and why you went that route?
You can find articles that will each recommend a different "best" platform or app for investing. Pick any one of the big brokerages. Their apps and websites are all fairly similar and it comes down to personal preference. TD Ameritrade, Merrill Lynch, Fidelity, etc all have good apps and websites.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

anyone else tempted to go all in on ATF stocks?

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms for anyone averse to Google.

Bobbyboe

WKR
anyone else tempted to go all in on ATF stocks?

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms for anyone averse to Google.

looked over the weekend at that market, think that boat has sailed. Seems a few firearm stocks are rebounding nicely. I’m not sure what I’ll be investing in, but it’ll be something.

Id just love a crystal ball to tell me where the bottom is.....

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I bought Weyerhauser. The cost is way down, the land base is solid, the trees keep growing and the demand will come back.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to start selling my index funds in my IRA every day we have an upswing and then just buy in the next day when it inevitably tanks. We haven’t hit the bottom yet and it seemingly always goes back down any day we make any progress. Not going to mess with that in my brokerage so I don’t have to worry about capital gains.

SoDaky

WKR
The affectionately named golden jew says "never before has 'buy what you use' been more meaningful".

Bl704

WKR
Good discussion on Airlines this am on CNBC. Airlines blew through 1B in 3 days. Discussion about shod Boeing file for bankrupcy.

Rich M

WKR
you guys serious? we're about to implode

Did we implode for 911? Any of the other stock market collapses?

Like NDGuy, I'm keeping my 401K contributions going cause we really don't know where the bottom will be.

We are down 30% - $10K down from what was essentially $30K on the DOW - utterly amazing!

When the air clears and it is all over - the folks who invested during the drop will be the ones making the most return as the markets return to normal.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Everybody has to deal with their own stomachs on this but I'm thinking buying and hold some of these great companies at these prices could be game changers in the future.

Heading to TDAmeritrade now to deposit more ammo

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
In the end we will be stronger and better prepared for future attacks from foreign countries.

Imagine a virus from China with them cutting off our meds and maybe putting a glitch in our communication.

We need to start distancing ourselves from easy money been made though rouge nations

IdahoElk

WKR
Yes, we are on the preciface of a global recession not seen in recent history. But, there is still money that can be made or lost.

Welcome to Capitalism.

Government subsidized mega corporations and stock markets bailed out by banks isn't capitalism, that died years ago with too big to fail.
Get ready for the implosion and a new money system.