The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

isu22andy

WKR
Are we beginning to hit the bottom? I’m not a big stock guy, but flagged a few stocks of interest that I’m tracking. Mainly airlines, Starbucks, credit cards and a few others. The past few days they have corrected quite a bit. Did I miss the bottom or is this a bit in the radar?

seems like. A lot of states and cities are closing up shop. Why the rebound? Figured we’d free fall for a few more weeks....
Im waiting till Monday ... Saturday and Sunday of doom and gloom news and then Monday is usually a tanking ship. Anything can change though , vaccines and cures start working you wont be able to get in the market fast enough .

EastMT

WKR
I think when unemployment numbers for the month come in it will be a shock to the system. I could be wrong but I think this will draw out awhile

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I moved my 401k to a very safe option when the markets started to make a big slide. Fidelity has screwed it all up. They moved new contributions only to the secure options, called at told them everything was suppose to be moved, looked last night and it is ALL in a high risk option. I am calling them back again today to rip a new one. Any advice on how to deal with this? My understanding is that they should pay me back any money that I lost due to them not moving my money correctly. Beyond pissed!
You probably just changed your contributions and didn’t rebalance your current investments. Sucks but it was likely user error.

Beendare

WKR
One of the largest economies in the world- CA-shut down.

I gotta believe this thing is going to continue heading south........

This Covid-19 is so infectious, once we come out of shelter in place....there will be another whole new round of cases.

_

Old_Navy

Lil-Rokslider
We need to start distancing ourselves from easy money been made though rouge nations

you would gain more credibility if you would at least spell it right
rogue!!

S.Clancy

WKR
This Covid-19 is so infectious, once we come out of shelter in place....there will be another whole new round of cases.

_
[/QUOTE]
I think that is the general plan. At some point, the market will go from sheer panic, industries (that can) will adjust and bailout money will be given to industries that can't. That will be about the bottom. I suspect panic for a while more while we do our best to model Italy...

EastMT

WKR
Uff da. Another 900 off. I’m starting to think my 15,000 guess is a bit high. Banks are now projecting -24% GDP for 3rd quarter. That will not be a day of gains, except VIX. Possibly -1 million jobs in a week. Next week should be a wild ride. I really feel for that million, not only could they be losing in their 401k/IRA, also are not working to put money in it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
People rarely call a bottom or a top right. I started selling in January.......I was about 6-7 weeks early of the top.....and at the time I didn't expect that to be a top. I don't expect to be able to call the bottom either. It could happen this month, it could happen in September, or it could happen in 2021.........who knows. We could also see a 20% run-up to then watch it fall to new lows before hitting the bottom. That's why it's best to average your entry points and plan to hold for years. I have a few different accounts for different purposes, but my actual "investment" accounts I don't expect to use in the next 20 years.......or possibly even ever (leave as an inheritance).

I moved my 401k to a very safe option when the markets started to make a big slide. Fidelity has screwed it all up. They moved new contributions only to the secure options, called at told them everything was suppose to be moved, looked last night and it is ALL in a high risk option. I am calling them back again today to rip a new one. Any advice on how to deal with this? My understanding is that they should pay me back any money that I lost due to them not moving my money correctly. Beyond pissed!

Update to this situation. Everything was correct on the company side. I got the two different options mixed up. Glad I did not look like an entire ass and lay into the rep. Made me stop myself and take a breath to relax. All is good now.

It is going to be a long time till we see the bottom I feel. Industries are already shutting down and unemployment numbers are rising. Personally I have two job offers on hold till things are figured out with the virus. I was furloughed just before all this kicked off. Railroads are prepping for huge slow downs and furloughs.

EastMT

WKR
People rarely call a bottom or a top right. I started selling in January.......I was about 6-7 weeks early of the top.....and at the time I didn't expect that to be a top. I don't expect to be able to call the bottom either. It could happen this month, it could happen in September, or it could happen in 2021.........who knows. We could also see a 20% run-up to then watch it fall to new lows before hitting the bottom. That's why it's best to average your entry points and plan to hold for years. I have a few different accounts for different purposes, but my actual "investment" accounts I don't expect to use in the next 20 years.......or possibly even ever (leave as an inheritance).

That’s exactly right, and you don’t have to call the top or bottom top make money. It’s down 33%, so if I buy back in now, when it recovers the 33% it dropped I should be up about 50%. Don’t focus on the top or bottom, just when you feel comfortable to buy and stay. My contributions are still buying the market, but the bulk is in hold mode. I think if it hits 15,000, I’ll buy in and not look for about 2 years. Might drop to 10,000, might not, but I’ll be ahead of where I would have been and I’ve got a long time to wait

3M (MMM) is one that is suprising me, what I’m I missing with how all of the mask news hasn’t propped this one up. Seems like a strong buy but something smells fishy. Anyone care to provide an opinion on what’s going on with this one?

Trial153

WKR
MMM has history of lagging in down turns, and in the best of times it treads water. You might find some value in, dividend considered if this recession is short lived. Its hard one to get excited over and stands low in its sector.

Last edited:

SoDaky

WKR
I've 'recovered' to being down 6.8% as of closing yesterday.Happy.
Going to keep picking away.
Obvious no one will ever know the bottom but what I don't get is the total panic and BS on here by some.Facts fine.Opinions fine-to a point.Predictions of implosions,new money systems,etc IMO go way beyond that.Harmful and irresponsible and total BS.These are the guys I would never consider hunting with or even associating with.Wouldn't trust their judgment or reactions in bad situations.
Bad?Yup.
Gonna get worse?Likely.
Lotsa deaths ahead?Yup.
End of the world and the US economy?Nope.
Man up.Help yourself,your family and any others you can.Help your country.They/it can use it now.It IS NOT the end of the world.We lost more men in the battle of the bulge than we'll lose to this I suspect.Perspective,grit,determination and a little positivity by all would go a long way.
Then again,I am old -and old fashioned.

MMM has history of lagging in down turns, and in the best of times it treads water. You might find some value in, dividend considered if this recession is short lived. Its hard one to get excited over and stands low in its sector.

Thanks, I get that masks alone won’t save a downturn in production and sales in other areas, just can’t believe the White House pimping them as a key player in mask and other supply production hasn’t sent people on a TP type run on this stock. I guess people are smarter than I thought!

How about CVX and XOM, anyone care to share where they think the bottom might be if something doesn’t happen with oil prices? Too early to jump in right now, or pretty safe?

3M (MMM) is one that is suprising me, what I’m I missing with how all of the mask news hasn’t propped this one up. Seems like a strong buy but something smells fishy. Anyone care to provide an opinion on what’s going on with this one?
It's a great blue chip stock. It's not sexy, you won't see day traders or know it alls getting excited about it....But it is a name that permeates many industries all over the world. I have always owned some 3M.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk