Suppressor wait times

I received another approval early today. A different examiner for this one. So I had three different examiners for three items in two weeks--stupid. This was my resubmission. 656 days total wait, so I'm especially grateful for this approval. Based on Trust Form 4 approval trends in May, I was expecting to wait another month.

Looking forward to slapping this Hybrid on my Ruger M77 in 450 Bushmaster and testing it out. It's unlikely I'll be able to do so until the weekend, so I have time to load up some subsonic loads with 300gr .45 bullets that I have sitting around.

1683823160122.png

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Are
I received another approval early today. A different examiner for this one. So I had three different examiners for three items in two weeks--stupid. This was my resubmission. 656 days total wait, so I'm especially grateful for this approval. Based on Trust Form 4 approval trends in May, I was expecting to wait another month.

Looking forward to slapping this Hybrid on my Ruger M77 in 450 Bushmaster and testing it out. It's unlikely I'll be able to do so until the weekend, so I have time to load up some subsonic loads with 300gr .45 bullets that I have sitting around.

View attachment 552822
Congratulation! You seem to be on a roll.

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I had a certificate for one free Thunder Beast suppressor last year and one for 50% off. I ordered the 338 Ultra Gen2 and an Ultra 7. It took close to three months to get a serial number because of the backlog and then add on the jail time for that. There's a chance they could be approved by hunting season.

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
My two paper forms in 2020 were 6 months and 3 weeks. The e form last year was 6 months and 2 weeks. I have another one waiting since October 1. The first one is the killer for the wait. The next ones are not as big a deal since a guy has one to use while waiting???

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
The last address I saw for mailing a Form 4 was Portland, Oregon so I would take it that this is where e-forms go. Are all examiners based out of Portland then or are there other offices?

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
How do you know when/if approved? Do you get an email, call from dealer, have to check?

Bluefish

WKR
Trusts seem to be taking longer. I have seen a few august trusts, but mostly June and July. Individuals are sept or October now. Makes no sense if they take them in order unless they split them up 50/50 and there are fewer individuals and more trusts.

Grumman

WKR
I’m within days of the 9 month average the ATF is communicating. I’m getting anxious and am concerned with a couple things since it’s my first time with the process. I called into the hotline but was just told it’s in the system,you aren’t at the 9 month average yet, and nobody has looked at your form. Would someone mind helping me out with these questions?

I got the “form submitted” email from the ATF on August 30th 2022. When I open the attached populated form, the serial number box is grayed out with no visible s/n. Is that normal? The lady asked for the S/N first and I couldn’t see it on the form.

When I go to my ATF account there is no information in the “My Forms” section. I would have thought it would be visible in my account. It appears to have stages listed for the forms to be in but there is nothing there in either of the links.
16da95302f3f390d9e2530b805b5e5d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Exciting news today! 2 suppressors submitted 11/22/22, 3 more submitted 3/28/23.
Form 4 trust.
All 5 approved 5/17/23.
Seems like there’s just no organization there. I have o e submitted 9/21, and one on 10/11 of 2022. You got batch approved and your oldest one filed 2 months after mine. I’m happy for you but this stuff makes me hate the ATF that much more. Not that it matters to them.