Suppressor wait times

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
So you are ok with paying more taxes, just not a certain amount. And now they'll never be removed from the nfa....there goes that idea!
Unfortunately I don't have a choice, since I don't have the skills to make my own. I do have a choice not to donate a second time though, which is the point of my comment.

Nice try though.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Put two in the que last week both are going on my trust. I get it’s longer but I’m not paying extra for an individual plus all my hunting cans are set for this year

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I got this reply.

“received on 04/13/2024 is still pending. However, the Trust Form 4 was recently given a “Proceed” by NICS and has been placed in the queue for the next available Trust Form 4 examiner.”

Does that mean I’m getting close?
Where does this info show up at?

94.5 hours (with a weekend thrown in) from submit to approved, individual on a PWS BDE 5.56

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Bluefish

WKR
94.5 hours (with a weekend thrown in) from submit to approved, individual on a PWS BDE 5.56
Congratulations.
The process for trust must be very different as I have been waiting 27 days after my dealer closed their doors (requested an expedite so they can truly close) and 6 days since I have had a different form 4 approved. That suggests they simply can’t process a form 4 in a week for a trust even with an approval on a background check in hand.

Tx_300wsm

FNG
My scythe was approved on a trust today, 91 days after certifying. This is my first suppressor and can’t wait to shoot it tomorrow.

I’ve been following this thread, because I’ve been on the fence about adding a dedicated pistol can to my collection. A friend just got approval in three days. It was his first can and an individual. I expect mine to take longer.

khuber84

WKR
Have you tried emailing the atf/fbi?
Reached out to them a few weeks ago, I guess theyre still researching my submitted application. Like how long does this take? I asked for time frame and didn't get any clarification on that. May have to reach out to my senator/congressman office and see if they can do anything on my behalf.

Last edited:

WKR
It’s probably a coincidence but I emailed my congressman and 2 days later my approval came through.
Same here. Probably a coincidence but I submitted my form 4 and 2 days later my approval came through! 🤣

I actually wish it would have taken way, way longer, like maybe a week. So I could have had that sense of excitement when I checked my email for more than a half day.