Suppressor Opinion: Meh, It’s Ok

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I feel like the folks saying they'll just shoot a regular rifle w/o ear pro are young enough that they don't live with ringing ears everyday and having to stain to hear someone talking if there is background noise going on and muffling the tones. AND/OR they don't have kids yet whom they'd like to spare the same fate.

I have kids and hearing loss... most of my guns will either have a brake on them or now a suppressor. I hate that a brake is so damn loud but they're awesome for extended range sessions, spotting shots, kids shooting and not flinching. I now have a suppressor and yes its long, so I'm getting a shorter barrel on one of my guns. :) Bonus now is if I have a fast shot its not dicking up my hearing or the kids hearing as much, if at all. If its not a fast shot (or at the range) I still wear ear pro and have the kids do so also, preserve what I got and don't damage theirs while under my supervision. The suppressor doesn't tame the shot as much as a brake but it tames it down plenty to still spot shots/limit recoil on the kiddos.

Animals not spooking as much is another great bonus as mentioned.

Prior to the kids starting to hunt and my hearing getting more annoying I didn't justify a suppressor to myself, things change.

atmat

WKR
The fallacy is judging our ancestors with today’s standards. To me, that’s one of the hallmarks of being “woke”.
So, in fairness, it’s not even judging them by today’s standards alone. The army they were fighting against already had a different standard.

Additionally, there’s a significant difference in judging someone in their historical narrative and choosing to honor said person with a username in the present time.

OP
General RE LEE
Glad my thread brought the liberals in our midst out. I guess trans and black lives matter too.

Kids from blue states or Canada get upset someone isn’t lock step in agreement with them.

“Cease fire in Gaza now”

intunegp

WKR
88lbmp.jpg

BjornF16

WKR
Of course the south wasn't alone in white supremacy and desire to enslave blacks. Yet in the war, someone was fighting against those beliefs and someone was fighting for them.. You choose to identify with the leaders fighting for them.
If the majority of the fighting force in the South were dirt poor and never owned a slave, do you really believe they were fighting for slavery?

TaperPin

WKR
There are plenty of conservatives that are fine with folks of all colors, religions, and whatever flavor of only fans someone wants to subscribe to.

WKR
Glad my thread brought the liberals in our midst out. I guess trans and black lives matter too.

Kids from blue states or Canada get upset someone isn’t lock step in agreement with them.

“Cease fire in Gaza now”
Ha! Isn't history a Liberal Arts major?

This thread is for sure circling the drain, which we all kinda saw coming. I just wish all the suppressor hunting threads didn't get so combative. I just tried it for my first time this year and I loved it.

You decided it was more of a pain than its worth, I get that.

Cool. Nothing needs to be "I dont even want to be around people who dont see things my way" or "I bet you pee sitting down if you feel that way."

I mean, its entertaining, but probably not constructive.

Lowedown

FNG
I really appreciated what the OP brought up. I have had similar thoughts while considering a can. I believe the Cost/Benefit analysis of suppressors is different for everyone. Personally on my big game hunting rifle I wouldn't want the added weight, or to sacrifice velocity to a short barrel for maintaining handiness. I know every shot without protection counts on hearing loss. On my big game rifle i shoot a brake and wear ear plugs most of the time.
The real value in a suppressor for me would be on a 22 rifle and pistol for shooting at the range and hunting small game. I would also be happy to have one on a dedicated predator rifle for follow up shots on multiple animals as well as camouflaging my presence to the next set.