Silencer Central

Has anyone had any positive experiences? I’m in the middle of a very, very bad experience with them right now. Despite spending $4,000 on multiple suppressors, they have been almost completely non-communicative. Even “supervisors” will refuse to call back and won’t take my call, despite multiple messages left. I’ve been approved, I’ve paid everything off, and they simply refuse to communicate. While I think it’s great they spend so much on marketing, it might be nice if their customer service received some attention. Anyone else?

I have not bought a supressor through them but did have them cut and thread a barrel. Communication was great. Was complete very quick and they did a great job.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Rjk300

FNG
I purchase two suppressors through them with one brake not shipped but a couple calls and they got it out to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pugwylde

FNG
Yeah, I'll be honest, my experience was pretty good. Just one suppressor, and eight months of waiting, but other than some oddities with tracking numbers during shipping, it was pretty straightforward experience.

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
I have one through them and another 2 on the way. Everything went smooth with mine but I did reach out a couple times with questions and it was tough to get a hold of someone. My in laws live in Sioux Falls so I normally just stop in person. I think they’re pretty short staffed customer service wise

WKR
Has anyone had any positive experiences? I’m in the middle of a very, very bad experience with them right now. Despite spending $4,000 on multiple suppressors, they have been almost completely non-communicative. Even “supervisors” will refuse to call back and won’t take my call, despite multiple messages left. I’ve been approved, I’ve paid everything off, and they simply refuse to communicate. While I think it’s great they spend so much on marketing, it might be nice if their customer service received some attention. Anyone else?
Approved but not shipped? I think mine was going on two months from approval to received.

Rjk300

FNG
My issue with my brake was two calls with supervisors and the second supervisor I asked to walk to shipping and find out why my brake isn’t shipping since every one there said it will ship but didn’t for over a week. I was informed shipping wasn’t receiving it on there end because of computer issues. I was very polite as were they and the issue was resolved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pugwylde

FNG
They damn sure had plenty of used car salesmen staff at the Western Hunting Expo.

Sell and no service. Just another reason to avoid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Actually, this is a good call out, whether you meant it to be or not. It's show season, and no matter how mainstream a company is in this industry, people resources are finite. Not an excuse for ghosting a customer, but might be an explanation.

Weldor

WKR
I've used them. Everyone I dealt with there was spot on right down to the delivery. I would use them again. Seems to be lots of CS compliants on many different companies. Firearms, suppressors, scopes optics. Looks like it is hit or miss I guess.

Duh

WKR
OP your expedience sounds on par for mine with silencer central. I’ll never buy another product from them again.

They changed the reason for the lack of submission on my paperwork to the ATF and the reason they wouldn’t mail the suppressors multiple times.

OP
R
OP your expedience sounds on par for mine with silencer central. I’ll never buy another product from them again.

They changed the reason for the lack of submission on my paperwork to the ATF and the reason they wouldn’t mail the suppressors multiple times.
Thanks for all the responses and participation. I certainly don’t take anything as a call out or a shot at me. I will say, when I talked to yet another supervisor on Friday, I was told they would like to send me some free branded “swag”. I politely declined, as I won’t advertise for a company with which I’ve had such a poor customer service experience.

While it is “show season”, I have a real problem with the attitude of “get the orders in the door and then who cares after that.” The way I’ve been treated, it’s abundantly clear that’s their attitude.

To answer another’s question, yes. The suppressors have been approved, paid for, all paperwork has been submitted, and then it’s just a black hole of non-communication.

What bugs me the most is their use of marketing on “influencer” podcasts. They spend an awful lot of money to hook consumers. It’s simply inexcusable to treat a paying customer this way.

pugwylde

FNG
I'd be curious, has anyone else had any experience with other online sellers? I went with Silencer Central because of the trust and the delivery to the door. Anyone put a suppressor on a trust through another seller, or get it to the front door? Cuz that crap felt like black magic and made my only real stress the wait.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve bought several silencers from them and mostly had good experiences but my most recent experience with them will keep me from ever using them again.

The first 2 silencers I ordered were towards the end of the paper forms, it took 15 months to get a banish 30 (which is not a ver good silencer) and a banish 22. The next 2 I ordered were a TBAC ultra 7 and a dead air mask 22, that took like 220 days and was an ok experience.

My most recent experience though was total BS and die to their lack of communication, I only actually got submitted to the atf about 10 days ago rather than the 50 days it should be. So in the end their lack of communication and honesty added 40+ days to my wait.

I’ve used them because of where I live, the shipping to the home makes it very appealing but apparently Capitol armory can do that now so next time I’ll shop there.

Capitol armory has been great. Looking to take about a month after clearing efile for them to get your second 4473 (think that’s the right #?), notify CLEO, and ship to you though. SS seems like it can be good depending on the quality of your local shop.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Can you give more details? What exactly is going on? You bought several silencers, got them approved and now they aren’t shipping them to you? What are they telling you when you do talk to them?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Capitol armory has been great. Looking to take about a month after clearing efile for them to get your second 4473 (think that’s the right #?), notify CLEO, and ship to you though. SS seems like it can be good depending on the quality of your local shop.
Have you had them ship to your house?

OP
R
Can you give more details? What exactly is going on? You bought several silencers, got them approved and now they aren’t shipping them to you? What are they telling you when you do talk to them?
Great question. The problems initially started when I was approved after less than 50 days. I paid them off very quickly after that, and SC’s response when I called a few days later was “that’s really fast. We aren’t used to that. We don’t know what to do.” This led to “a mix up between accounting and customer service” that lasted weeks and precluded my ability to file the final 4473. Once that was worked out, they went completely silent. No emails, won’t respond to calls. When, after weeks and approximately 20 messages left with supervisors, they only response I get is “we are working on it.”