RokStok

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Are these recoil characteristics maximized in prone or does it perform generally the same from other positions? Seems like most testing and shooting shown so far has favored prone as the primary position

SDHNTR

WKR
Are these recoil characteristics maximized in prone or does it perform generally the same from other positions? Seems like most testing and shooting shown so far has favored prone as the primary position
Didn’t you read 2500 posts? Didn’t you listen to an hour+ long podcast? 🤪😜 geez, the laziness here abounds!

fwafwow

WKR
Hey, I have a GREAT IDEA! How bout we start off the new year with some positive and productive posts??

Randy
Thanks Randy. You helped me spare everyone a snarky post…

Happy New Year Sliders. Happy hunting and good health to all.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t you read 2500 posts? Didn’t you listen to an hour+ long podcast? 🤪😜 geez, the laziness here abounds!
I’ve been following and reading this thread for about a month now. I can’t remember at this point. I just occasionally post something to break the monotony of reading the countless useless posts.

tredell17

FNG
@Ryan Avery @WKR etc.

Here’s a girl who shot 3 rounds from this stock ever, before the start of the video- 1 shot at each target to get her data. 3 different runs. First the targets, then her shooting those targets, rinse and repeat.

Target #1 was -12° down angle. Target #2 was 0°- straight. Target #3 was at 15° up angle.

It sure looks like a parallel toe was a real problem.

When you get the first prototype and film the shooting, can you show some rounds with no brake or sound moderator? Just trying to gauge how much this design would help us Canucks who don't like muzzle breaks.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
When you get the first prototype and film the shooting, can you show some rounds with no brake or sound moderator? Just trying to gauge how much this design would help us Canucks who don't like muzzle breaks.

Yes, but it won’t do youuch good. Recoil control and rifle movement varies considerably based on each persons skill.

tredell17

FNG
Yes, but it won’t do youuch good. Recoil control and rifle movement varies considerably based on each persons skill.
One more question while I'm at it... In the Rokstok podcast you referenced the stocks Scandinavian's use for driven hunts - can you post a picture of them? The only ones I could find look similar to the MDT stocks so I didn't really understand the nuanced Stock shape you were trying to convey.

BBob

WKR
I’ve been following and reading this thread for about a month now. I can’t remember at this point. I just occasionally post something to break the monotony of reading the countless useless posts.
The info you seek about shooting positions is stated in the podcast.

Axlrod

WKR
I don’t doubt all that. I guess what it all boils down to is my confusion over how a product is being put up for sale, when there isn’t a product yet.

I greatly appreciate all that is being done behind the scenes, and I’m sure I will eventually be a benefactor of all the effort, it’s just a different way of offering something for sale. Not saying it’s wrong, it’s just odd.
Nah. TV evangelists have been doing it for years- send us the money we will make sure you are taken care of in the afterlife!

Macintosh

WKR
Interesting that a few folks are looking for wood. Ive always preferred wood and usually get panned for that. I’ve been toying with doing my own version in wood for a while now to meet my own slightly different wants.

Regarding the wrist on a vertical grip being a weak spot in wood that a few folks brought up, that is entirely true IF it isnt accounted for in the layout and/or the nuance of the wrist shape—but its not much past 201-level stock making to account for it. If its accounted for it is more than plenty strong, especially in what is really a pretty meaty stock. But, the shape will give less flexibility with layout on many blanks, and the nuance of some grip shapes will make that harder/easier. There are a handful of wood stock makers who make vertical grip rifle stocks in wood though, check out joel russo, or cs stocks has an instagram with some pictures. I think the extra effort it takes to ensure the layout is good in the wrist is why VG wood rifle stocks like this arent really seen in the “mass produced” wood stocks from oem rifle makers, or from aftermarket shops like stocky’s, because you do need to select the right blank and lay it out carefully.

Just a quick example for the wood skeptics—note the grain in the wrist in the bottom pic with red arrow, curved grain that flows through a steeply curved grip (as opposed to grain that runs across the grip making it prone to breaking) is not uncommon, its just not cookie-cutter. This is a random piece of fancy euro walnut from the interweb to show the grain, but it happens at the base of every tree and at every branch. You can also mitigate this with careful shaping of the grip, too, and if someone was worried it could even be invisibly pinned with dowel or threaded rod.

IMG_3357.jpeg

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
One more question while I'm at it... In the Rokstok podcast you referenced the stocks Scandinavian's use for driven hunts - can you post a picture of them? The only ones I could find look similar to the MDT stocks so I didn't really understand the nuanced Stock shape you were trying to convey.

These are the Euro aim point guys who are always shooting boars through the clear cuts. They're def good shooters, almost like pass shooting waterfowl in tree lanes, but they're pigs, with bolt guns. Shots generally closer range, hence the red dot sights. They appear to usually be running blaser and mauser rifles, some saeur as well.
635ef424-2dfa-462b-a397-d3a7efb3d0d1_600x600.jpg

I mentioned half joking back when this stock was first announced, I would love this stock in high grade walnut. Every year I make it to rifle season with my whitetail I tell myself life is too short to sit here with a plastic stock.

I'm collecting parts to make a Tikka 6CM. If I could slip it into a walnut stock, it could very well be my forever rifle.

Happy New Years!

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I mentioned half joking back when this stock was first announced, I would love this stock in high grade walnut. Every year I make it to rifle season with my whitetail I tell myself life is too short to sit here with a plastic stock.

I'm collecting parts to make a Tikka 6CM. If I could slip it into a walnut stock, it could very well be my forever rifle.

Happy New Years!
It wouldn't be cheap but you could always buy a nice stock blank, a rokstok, and send both off the a stockmaker with a duplicator.

khuber84

WKR
It wouldn't be cheap but you could always buy a nice stock blank, a rokstok, and send both off the a stockmaker with a duplicator.
I worked in an old school stock shop in college. The carving machines were loaded with wood blanks that were just rough cut bandsaw shapes of a stock, then the carving machines would do the first phase. I believe the carver held 12 blanks, then there was a steel stock that was used as the model. Interesting machine all manually operated on an arm that was controlled by operator, carving all 12 blanks to the shape of the steel master. I didn't do that tho, i ran cnc inletting on the night shift.