RokStok

Tom-D

FNG
For a Tikka, no less! You could probably shape it a little different and then name your price ;)
Yeah it was a 3d scan of a weirauch 22 that i loved the feel of but looking at it now horribly designed for recoil management

Reactions: FYG

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Am I the only one patiently awaiting a rebutle of this critique?

In the podcast they spend a fair amount of time talking about the grip area and WHY it is the way they made it.

This thread is turning into the 223 thread where a new guy comes in on the last page with his opinions that have been talked about ad nausum for 200 pages and then gets obstinate when they are told to read the thread.

Is just not worth the fight sometimes.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
In the podcast they spend a fair amount of time talking about the grip area and WHY it is the way they made it.

This thread is turning into the 223 thread where a new guy comes in on the last page with his opinions that have been talked about ad nausum for 200 pages and then gets obstinate when they are told to read the thread.

Is just not worth the fight sometimes.
Proverbs 12:15

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Lol I'll take that as a, no you guys arent curious.

Ive read the entire thread and listened to all of the podcasts from Shoot2hunt. Im in for one of these stocks and have no problems with the design based off of all the great explanations Form, Ryan and Jake have provided.

That all said, Im still not versed enough in all of this to be able to explain to myself why this guys critique wouldnt work and was curious for a response.

@Alwaysworking provided a "humble critique", with no sense of a fight in his request; just looking for education.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually prefer laminate for a lot of rigs. I have a few mountain hunting rigs on which I try to keep weight down with synthetics, and a bunch of blued/walnut rigs that I have for nostalgia or beauty; for everything else, I typically go laminate. For many uses, I don't mind the extra weight over synthetic or walnut. It's weather stable and it has the feel and warmth of a standard wood stock. It's also exceedingly strong.
Fair enough

ljalberta

WKR

Ive read the entire thread and listened to all of the podcasts from Shoot2hunt. Im in for one of these stocks and have no problems with the design based off of all the great explanations Form, Ryan and Jake have provided.

That all said, Im still not versed enough in all of this to be able to explain to myself why this guys critique wouldnt work and was curious for a response.

@Alwaysworking provided a "humble critique", with no sense of a fight in his request; just looking for education.

...Back to jerkin eachother off about different types of wood and cerekote colors then I guess 😂
Form posted and discussed in the podcast why the grip and toe are designed as they are. Which responded to that post.

It’s also been talked about why a small scallop or no scallop on the forend instead of a near full length scallop in the proposed designed.

What specific design aspects are you looking to understand further? I suspect it is unclear to most, as it is unclear to me.

fwafwow

WKR

...Back to jerkin eachother off about different types of wood and cerekote colors then I guess 😂
Speaking for myself - I'm too obtuse to understand the critique from a sketch. What is he suggesting?

JBMAK

FNG
Classified Approved
Form posted and discussed in the podcast why the grip and toe are designed as they are. Which responded to that post.

It’s also been talked about why a small scallop or no scallop on the forend instead of a near full length scallop in the proposed designed.

What specific design aspects are you looking to understand further? I suspect it is unclear to most, as it is unclear to me.
This area particularly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_095602_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_095602_Brave.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 100

BBob

WKR
Speaking for myself - I'm too obtuse to understand the critique from a sketch. What is he suggesting?
I’d say he is suggesting changes to the circled areas but not limited to the circled areas. All of this is covered in the podcast as to why this sketch doesn’t do it properly for the goals of the rokstok. The trigger guard lump is a no go for me. I don’t like them at all. The Bravo isn’t as pronounced and I would prefer it to not be there either. That’s covered in the podcast too.

Edit: I will say the proposed sketch makes for a more pleasing stock as far as transitioning from a lot of the other more traditional stocks out there. Maybe it’s something another stock maker might take up for those that don’t want as a radical looking stock as a rokstok?

For context and comparison sake I added an image of the rokstok.

IMG_2470.jpegIMG_2472.jpeg

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
I’d say he is suggesting changes to the circled areas but not limited to the circled areas. All of this is covered in the podcast as to why this sketch doesn’t do it properly for the goals of the rokstok. The trigger guard lump is a no go for me. I don’t like them at all. The Bravo isn’t as pronounced and I would prefer it to not be there either. That’s covered in the podcast too.

View attachment 649808
Thanks. I listened to the podcast and have placed an order. I’m always interested in new info, but (at least for me) posting a sketch only would require me to go back through the thread (at least to compare to the final Rolstok rendering) and I have little interest in doing so.