RokStok

eoperator

WKR
Do they have a 2” one to replace the mini arca? I want an arca rail in front of the DBM but I don’t really want one that sticks out so far.
They only have 3" that I am aware of. The srs mini does not feel good in hand if you carry your rifle. I'm willing to bet you would preffer the henderson 3" if it's a good fit on the rokstock.

Dobermann

WKR
They only have 3" that I am aware of. The srs mini does not feel good in hand if you carry your rifle. I'm willing to bet you would preffer the henderson 3" if it's a good fit on the rokstock.
Just note that there are two 3" rails - a 'Universal' and a 'Hunter'. Their website only states the weight for the Hunter, at 1oz. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

If someone really wants to look into it and contact Henderson, maybe post the results back here for everyone to benefit from.

Dobermann

WKR
Stockys makes wood stocks.
Form said he was getting one one way or another.
jake and ryan hinted that the discussion for wood has been had.

I mean I get it its 80 minutes of listening to formi go on.
Barely got to hear bikini talk at all. grin.
Hmmm ... I thought the reference to the discussion being had referred more to Form's idea for a stock that can quickly attach to a tripod, but not have protrusions. Not sure the wood option was as clear-cut.

Either way, thanks for the nudge to re-listen ... that was my third time, and I was amazed at how much more detail jumped out. Just goes to show the value of putting in the work, whether that's reading an entire thread, or listening to a whole podcast ... three times! ;)

Just note that there are two 3" rails - a 'Universal' and a 'Hunter'. Their website only states the weight for the Hunter, at 1oz. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

If someone really wants to look into it and contact Henderson, maybe post the results back here for everyone to benefit from.
The hunter is the low profile one I think. I bought one and will see if I can swap it instead of the mini arca when I get the stock.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Is the black duct tape a safety backup to allow for shooting a printed stock, which, I assume is not really intended to shoot? Nice recoil pad too!

I broke it in half hammering in the recoil lug. Some JB Weld and duct tape held it together until the JB set. The tape at the forend is because of gluing it back together, the forend touched the barrel. So I taped it tight so I could shoot it and be a bit more consistent.

It worked. First rounds on paper after the swap/glueing/tape-
IMG_5323.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

My only question is do I go with factory tikka sporter contour or ACE #3 for more clearance and if I want to change/upgrade in the future?

Dobermann

WKR
My only question is do I go with factory tikka sporter contour or ACE #3 for more clearance and if I want to change/upgrade in the future?
What are you possibly wanting to change/upgrade in the future? That might help people answer your question.

I plan to get a t3x superlite and a Rostock. But I don’t know if I should get the factory contour stock or get the stock with ace #3 contour in case I want to get a new barrel in the future. I’m not sure how big of a gap the ace#3 would have with the factory barrel and if it would look odd or cause any issues.

I plan to get a t3x superlite and a Rostock. But I don’t know if I should get the factory contour stock or get the stock with ace #3 contour in case I want to get a new barrel in the future. I’m not sure how big of a gap the ace#3 would have with the factory barrel and if it would look odd or cause any issues.
The ace #3 would be my suggestion between the two, it will look fine and give you more space which is not bad

That’s what I was thinking. I’d love to see both contours with a factory barrel for comparison sake. Maybe that’s something they could show in a video or photos on their site at some point. Definitely is great seeing them try to do something truly unique and beneficial.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hmmm ... I thought the reference to the discussion being had referred more to Form's idea for a stock that can quickly attach to a tripod, but not have protrusions. Not sure the wood option was as clear-cut.

Either way, thanks for the nudge to re-listen ... that was my third time, and I was amazed at how much more detail jumped out. Just goes to show the value of putting in the work, whether that's reading an entire thread, or listening to a whole podcast ... three times! ;)

I relistened and at 1.09.40 or so form says he is getting a wood stock. Ryan said stockys makes wood. Jake said you could send it to someone to be replicated in wood.

It wasn't as clear cut as it played in my head that they have a plan.

Form has a plan though.

BCsteve

WKR
That’s what I was thinking. I’d love to see both contours with a factory barrel for comparison sake. Maybe that’s something they could show in a video or photos on their site at some point. Definitely is great seeing them try to do something truly unique and beneficial.
That's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the second wave to order mine. I want to see what worked, what didn't worked, actual stocks mounted, colour combos, feedback from users, etc...

SDHNTR

WKR
That wrist appears awful thin for wood, no? I guess you’d have to select some really straight grain. Or are we talking about laminated wood?

SDHNTR

WKR
That's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the second wave to order mine. I want to see what worked, what didn't worked, actual stocks mounted, colour combos, feedback from users, etc...
Agreed. Despite all the solid thought behind this design, I have a hard time buying something, anything, at the pre-production stage. I’m going to wait until there’s actually a product to buy. I mean absolutely no shade in saying that. Obviously, the business model is working for UM and plenty of people are buying. I’m just personally in no hurry to pre-purchase. I’d at least like to see pics and vids of an actual finished product first.

I trust Toyota engineers more than any other auto manufacturer. I know a lot of brains go into producing their vehicles. Despite all that, and I want a new Tundra (which came out in 2022), I’m still waiting until 2024 to buy a new one. Call me risk averse.

Last edited:

jeremy.b

Lil-Rokslider
That wrist appears awful thin for wood, no? I guess you’d have to select some really straight grain. Or are we talking about laminated wood?
This thought has been rattling around in my head for quite a while about ANY vertical grip stock, so even prior to the RokStok. Laminate is probably the best answer short of adding some other kind of reinforcement into the turn at the grip OR redesigning that portion of the stock.