Rokslide Weight loss/Weight gain goal thread

trkyslr

WKR
Copy that aron... I got your point haha ;-)
Other then my vitels (sp?) I take multipurpose vitamins, fish oil, WA hydrate and recover, and do take (currently) a light weight (legal) pre workout drink mix that has mostly natural ingredients. When i was younger i as well took more supps but got off of them as i got wiser about my healths longevity.
Thanks for your input reaper!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
vital stats............entered season young at heart and 50, 5' 7" 162.5.........ended season old, dog tired and 158, but with a big grin:)

alright boys here we go. I'm 6'4" and about 300lbs right now down from 330 this time last year. Ok, now that you are done asking yourself how I ever make it up the mountain, (grin), I Do 2 hours of backpack cardio a day and burpees and stairs every other day. laid off of work right now so I cant afford a gym membership but will get one soon. The diet is pretty clean and getting cleaner. My goal weight is 265 by season. This was my fighting weight when I was training hard. This would get me down to about 15-18% body fat.

any help with diet plans and non gym workout plans would be helpful.

Coastal

FNG
I'm 42, 6'2 and currently 247. Played o-line in college and weighed as much as 310 then.

Goal weight is 225 by spring break ski trip. Plan to increase conditioning and introduce strength training for the first time since playing days. We eat healthy at my house, portion control is my nemesis....

Great thread

TEmbry

WKR
I'm 6'2" - 6'3" around 187. Highest I got was New Years last year at 218. I hope to get down to 180 then maintain.

I couldn't run a mile last year without stopping for breath at some point... I'm now running 5-6 miles a few days a week in training for my first half marathon. Just takes will power fellas.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Known for awhile I've been on a down hill slide. 6 4" just weighted in at 241 goal weight is 220 was 215 when I left basic training and stayed there for 12 years. Also doing a half marathon in June with my wife. Still not sure my best approach but declaring a goal and saying today is the day is a huge start for me

Aron,
Why the 10 mins in the sauna? I think I would fall back asleep if I started my day @ 0400 with a soak in a sauna.

I'm starting my grind tomorrow, 6'1" 235 - goal is 215. Initial plan is to crank out 250 mins per week for 4 weeks, of moderate heart rate cardio, and keep the diet healthy.

Last edited:
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron,
Why the 10 mins in the sauna? I think I would fall back asleep if I started my day @ 0400 with a soak in a sauna.

I'm starting my grind tomorrow, 6'1" 235 - goal is 215. Initial plan is to crank out 250 mins per week for 4 weeks, of moderate heart rate cardio, and keep the diet healthy.

Gets me warmed up for the morning workout:)

TXCO

WKR
I am 5' 10" & 180. Goal is to be at 170 and stay there by years end. Ive been down to 160 but thats too hard for me to keep up year round, especially after i moved.

Manosteel

WKR
Hey trkyslr,

I don't take supplements of any type now (haven't for a few years), but will drink coffee or Endorush when I get my butt out of bed.

Eating healthy is the safest way to gain muscle, loose or maintain weight. I've seen several men with life long medical issues from illegal and legal supplementation.

This is one of the issues I have with Cam Hanes. Don't get me wrong, he works his ass off and is an ambassador of the sport, but my feelings (keep in mind I'm a piss ant in the industry), is that hard work and a healthy diet is the way to go.

Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy (me) that did enough steroids and legal supplements to kill a small donkey. So what I'm saying, is that I've been down that road and I try tell people to stay away from the majority of what's on the market in supplementation.

I had to bring one of my best friends back to life that literately died from his Kidneys seizing up, another friend needs a bolt of lightning to get an erection, and many others who have liver, kidney and thyroid issues.

All of this could have been avoided by just eating healthy and drinking water:)

I'll get off my horse now......

So Aron you don't take any supplements at all? No vitamins - protein drinks ( whey isolates) or recovery type stuff like L-glutamine?

Like you have have tried most every supplement that was on the market in my 20's and early 30's.
but now i just use a multi- vitamin, vitamin C, whey protein isolate to keep my protein intake up and sometimes a recovery drink with certain amino acids and l-glutamine. I have found that these supplements are what my body requires to be in tip top shape and while I can get them naturally occurring in food, I find taking them in supplement form way more convenient.

rhendrix

WKR
I'm not for or against someone using steroids or HGH, guess it's the libertarian in me. There's a ton of research on pubmed and other medical research sites about the benefits and risks of using just about anything. Do the necessary research and be smart. If the risks of going "beast mode" means you take off 20 years of your life expectancy, and you're ok with that, then have it. Just know those associated risks ahead of time. Also, realize that the supplement industry is out to make a profit, things like L-glutamine and whey isolate are typically full of fillers, and while plenty of research has been done to prove that there are potential benefits to some supplements, I think you'll find that it is better in the long run to just consume whole foods like Aron suggests.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
5'11", 175#, 38 years old, 13% Bodyfat checked Hydrostatically, so its spot on. I see a lot of people on here wanting to be 10% or single digit bodyfat. For most normal people that isn't realistic to maintain. Yes many can and do, but it takes excellent genetics or one hell of an amount of self control. Control your portions, eat clean, and workout. Unless you want to be an endurance athlete, body/figure competitor, etc, you don't need to overthink it any more then that.

husky390

WKR
I do hate how much my appetite increases once I start working out, it seems I'm always hungry and I hate that feeling.

Play around with your diet and find foods that will fill you up and hold you over. For me, eggs work great in doing that.

husky390

WKR
6'1, 240, age 38. My goal is to get to 200 by August or waist size of 32.

And, I'm going to try to quit chewing, again. I'll probably be so pissed off in the woods I wont need a bow or rifle to kill an elk this year but that craps got to go.

Last edited:

smitho

FNG
Im still working to get down to 220, I got pretty close this fall but I admit the past few months have been tough on me. I wont be starting totally over but Ive got over 20lbs to drop. The balance between time with the family and time at the gym is what gets me. There just isnt enough time in the day.