Rokslide Weight loss/Weight gain goal thread

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So Aron you don't take any supplements at all? No vitamins - protein drinks ( whey isolates) or recovery type stuff like L-glutamine?

Like you have have tried most every supplement that was on the market in my 20's and early 30's.
but now i just use a multi- vitamin, vitamin C, whey protein isolate to keep my protein intake up and sometimes a recovery drink with certain amino acids and l-glutamine. I have found that these supplements are what my body requires to be in tip top shape and while I can get them naturally occurring in food, I find taking them in supplement form way more convenient.

I guess I could have been more specific....

I don't take anything with warning labels, but yes, I do use protein/emergency.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I weigh 223 lbs +/-

I'm up 30 lbs in a year and a half, I quit smoking and my wife got pregnant.

I plan on being 190 lbs by september.

p90x + weighted endurance training + improved diet

My goal is to be back down to 190-195 by June or July and keep it off. I'm at 220 right now. But I have been eating awful and not exercising at all. Hopefully it will still come off as easy as it used to.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hit 9.8% body fat today!

Weighing in at 190

Cranked up diet and workout program to another level.

Mountain biking has helped a ton.

Hit 9.8% body fat today!

Weighing in at 190

Cranked up diet and workout program to another level.

Mountain biking has helped a ton.

Nice work Aron! You can see the difference in your recent kifaru pack videos...

I was in a wedding this weekend. Gift to the groomsmen were tailored suits. I got mine fitted on Nov 24th at the end of my hunting season. This weekend the suit was a bit tight on the back n shoulders. I'm just doing a burpee/pull up/push up routine and try to eat elk steaks 2x a day plus lots of veggies and no soda/sugar. I'm up 7-8 lbs from the end of hunting season to 169-170 lbs from 162-163 lbs at 6'0".

Mike

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll get the name of it from my wife. All I know is it was expensive and I gotta do it first thing in the morning.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I know, right.....

Any time I feel like taking a break, I go to the movie theater! There's Hefalumps double fisting nachos and popcorn everywhere:)

It's a good reminder of what can happen and I go straight to the gym and repent afterwords.

tttoadman

WKR
Great idea.

I have stayed off the scale since mid November when I was done. I finished at 190. For 5'-11 that is still not great for me. I am a pretty whimpy guy, and 180 should be good for me.

I saw some articles that described going into an expedition/hunt with a little extra on your body. According to this article, a pound that we lose while in the field is worth 3000 cals. This theory makes sense to me. I think because I am not in prime shape, I only eat about 2000 cals/day and my weight loss during the hunt makes up the rest of my calorie needs.

Do you use this mentality on long hunts? Target about 5lbs heavy and plan to lose it over a 10 day hunt? In theory, it would equate to carrying less food in your pack.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When I was fat I could get away with 1,800-2200 calories a day on a long backpack hunt without issue.

Now I eat anything and everything around me (ask Joe, Ryan and James).

At this time my diet is strict, but I bridge up like a mother when scouting season starts and I'll eat whatever I want.

So yes, I agree with you.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll get the name of it from my wife. All I know is it was expensive and I gotta do it first thing in the morning.

That was my next question was if you test at the same time each day. I know you can test yourself, eat breakfast and test again and it'll be different.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep...that's correct.

I know the machine at my wife's shop is accurate as I get tested with the hydrostatic method once a year and they're .5 % away from each other.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep...that's correct.

I know the machine at my wife's shop is accurate as I get tested with the hydrostatic method once a year and they're .5 % away from each other.

Sounds like yours is pretty accurate. I'll have to look into one whenever you find out the name!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Oh your talking the hydrostatic one is within a .5%? I thought you meant yours is within .5% of the hydrostatic. $10k is little out of my price range, haha

The machine at my wifes office is %10k

No idea what hydro would cost.

The machine at my wife's office is not a normal BF checker thing:) It shoots lasers up and down your body.

Prints out all types of data

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
The machine at my wifes office is %10k

No idea what hydro would cost.

The machine at my wife's office is not a normal BF checker thing:) It shoots lasers up and down your body.

Prints out all types of data

Gotcha, makes sense now.

i got one of the body mapping scales from amazon for like $50. not sure how accurate it is compared to other methods but i figure its a solid baseline for measure gains/losses