Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

BDRam16

WKR
My eating has been very similar to what Laramie posted. My vice is soda, so I have been cutting them back to 1 per day then soon hopefully off completely...Also, really big on the intermittent fasting and eating windows. No food past 6-7pm when possible and not eating again until at least Noon the following day.
I don’t drink pop (I’m from the Midwest, it’s pop) but my wife does and she likes the Zevia brand. It’s zero calorie without using any artificial sweeteners. It’s all plant based. I’ve tried them and while I’m not a huge pop guy, it was pretty tasty.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Weight was a bit over the place this weekend. I had a really late meal on Friday night. Saturday, weighed in at 225.8. Saturday, I lifted, shot my bow and hiked.

This morning, I was down to 223.8. Got a 18.25 mile bike ride in today. I should be in good shape for tomorrow's weigh in

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I have been weighing in every morning right when I wake up just to get a feel for daily fluctuations. Idea being if you are in a caloric deficit you should see it on the scale. Over the past 10 days I have been down as much as 8lbs but currently hovering around 245 which would put me around 3 pounds. Trying to get a feel for how/when/what I am consuming is affecting this. I do not eat between 8pm and noon and have been very consistent with this for a few years.

Today I am eliminating alcohol for awhile to see what the affect is on my weight loss. Should be around 500-600 calories a normal drinking day. I have been doing this in February to honor my dad who passed away 3 years ago today. He was a strong willed man that didn't let his vices control his life. I need to work on that.

Quiting Alcohol will make a huge impact. I'm not sure if you have any joint pain or stiffness , if you do monitor the effect quiting alcohol has on it. It's had such a profound effect on my knees that I'm ready to hang up my beer mug for good. Besides quiting alcohol the other thing that helps me most is tracking every last thing I eat or drink on an app. I'm going to monthly weigh in this time. At least until I get close to ab ideal weight.

BDRam16

WKR
I have been weighing in every morning right when I wake up just to get a feel for daily fluctuations. Idea being if you are in a caloric deficit you should see it on the scale. Over the past 10 days I have been down as much as 8lbs but currently hovering around 245 which would put me around 3 pounds. Trying to get a feel for how/when/what I am consuming is affecting this. I do not eat between 8pm and noon and have been very consistent with this for a few years.

Today I am eliminating alcohol for awhile to see what the affect is on my weight loss. Should be around 500-600 calories a normal drinking day. I have been doing this in February to honor my dad who passed away 3 years ago today. He was a strong willed man that didn't let his vices control his life. I need to work on that.
The hard thing for me is when I stop drinking I get a WICKED sweet tooth. In a month of not drinking I gained 5lbs from late night snacks. Started tracking my intake with the MyFitnessPal app and that helped.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
The hard thing for me is when I stop drinking I get a WICKED sweet tooth. In a month of not drinking I gained 5lbs from late night snacks. Started tracking my intake with the MyFitnessPal app and that helped.
I hear you on that one. Last year I struggled with the sweets when I didn't drink for 45 days. I did find that if I drank a couple diet sodas it at least helped trick my brain a little in the evenings. My problem became midday candy cravings. I have a wife with a sweet tooth and there is always something around!

Pwells10

WKR
I may as well join since I’ve got 3 backcountry elk hunts this year, antelope, mule deer and maybe a mtn goat hunt. 3 years ago when I was playing Indy ball I was 185 which is a great weight for me being 5’11….. I weighed myself last week and about died. 270. I’ve never even been close in my worst years to this weight. I got up to 230 in college playing but a lot was muscle. 190 by September is the goal.

I'm shedding water weight like crazy down 10# in a week. Stay strong Brothers!! Keep your eyes on the prize of being a much more capable hunters. I have not drunk a calorie in a week , that was one of the main focuses of my diet plan...calories are for food water is for drinking!

Reactions: LLB

Lando

WKR
Okay, I'll join. 285 on January 3rd when I started this journey, hoping to get down to 185-190 range. Weighed in at 261 this morning.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Jumping back in this year. I've posted in the past. Oct 2019, I was 323 lbs, got down to 193 lbs. Have gained some weight back after last year's holiday season and still haven't lost it.

Currently 61 yrs old, 230 lbs this morning. I have run (4) 5k races, a 10k, HM and completed the virtual Boston marathon last year. Gained the weight back after all that. Still run every week, will add some weighted pack walks/hikes in with the runs. Funny thing is my training times for 5k is still about what it was when I had lost the weight so I'm hoping that if I lose it again, I'll be faster. I have (2) 5k's planned for this month so I'll see how I do.

For me it's about diet. I relaxed my diet and paid the price in gaining weight. It's just not as easy to lose weight at my age. I know now I have to be stricter around the holidays and don't use them as an excuse to splurge.

I'm using this forum just as I did in the past, another tool to hold myself accountable (y). Good luck to everyone out there.

Last edited:

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Man sometimes it sucks when you do things right! (sarcasm)

I have been struggling to manage my high BP. I monitor it daily and usually in the 145-150/100 in the mornings before I take my meds. This week I have been focused on no alcohol and using my cpap. I have watched that morning reading steadily drop all week and this morning I was 116/78.

I always told myself that I can handle the booze and a couple drinks a night doesn't matter.... BS. Guess I need to reconsider what I have been telling myself. 5 days sober and my numbers are much improved. Let alone I have felt great and really not had any problems not drinking.

Great thread. Motivating.
My crutch is sugar. I like to put it on my cereal in the morning. I also eat at 2-3 am partly b/c I work until early morning and mostly because it's a lifelong bad habit. Over the past week I stopped both bad habits. I'm sure I'll drop a few pounds in the process but mostly I want to stop feeling hung over in the morning when I get up. Eating sugar in the early morning hours, which I do, makes me feel like crap in the morning. Here's to turning a new page.

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
The struggle is real - I was better on my diet this past week - not perfect, but better than the week prior. I worked out every day - 7 days, with at least 40 minutes of cardio every day. At the end of my workout last night I was 253.1, this morning back to 256 (mentally that's so defeating - even though I realize its probably water weight fluctuations)

As hard as I worked, I really thought I would be under 250. I think those days of loosing 5-8 pounds in a week may be over for me.

This is going to be a longer than anticipated journey at 2-3 pounds a week its appearing...

The struggle is real - I was better on my diet this past week - not perfect, but better than the week prior. I worked out every day - 7 days, with at least 40 minutes of cardio every day. At the end of my workout last night I was 253.1, this morning back to 256 (mentally that's so defeating - even though I realize its probably water weight fluctuations)

As hard as I worked, I really thought I would be under 250. I think those days of loosing 5-8 pounds in a week may be over for me.

This is going to be a longer than anticipated journey at 2-3 pounds a week its appearing...
This is why I only weigh in monthly or every couple weeks max. I track what I eat religiously that helps me know if I'm on track. If I do my part the weight will drop. No need to play anymore head games with myself than necessary.

MQQSE

FNG
I’m back on this for 2022. Was 249 on 1/1/22 and now 241.5. Quit bread a month ago and don’t miss it one bit. Actually feel way better without it. Makes me think I am celiac.

Stone sheep hunt on 8/1 so I can’t screw around with what time I have left. Good luck to everyone on getting to where you want to be.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider

It is a hard journey. I am right there with you. The daily fluctuations suck. But, if you're good on your diet, then let the scale do its thing. If you are looking better in the mirror, thats more important than what the scale says.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

bdan68

WKR
I’m back on this for 2022. Was 249 on 1/1/22 and now 241.5. Quit bread a month ago and don’t miss it one bit. Actually feel way better without it. Makes me think I am celiac.

Stone sheep hunt on 8/1 so I can’t screw around with what time I have left. Good luck to everyone on getting to where you want to be.

Doesn't have to be celiac. Humans aren't really made to eat grain. Bread is unhealthy for almost everyone.

It's been a tad over 2 weeks without alcohol. I FEEL AMAZING! I'm still taking it one day at a time but I don't feel the need to drink again. I sleep better , feel better and the weight is shedding rapidly!